Subject: Fwd: FREEDOM HALL DEBATE!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 14:14:58 -0400

For interested parties.
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    FREEDOM  HALL DEBATE!
Date:    96-09-05 14:12:18 EDT
From:    LftOfWrite
To:      LftOfWrite

It's time for another Point/Counter-Point debate in Freedom Hall, and the
topic is Gay Marriage!  The Defense of Marriage Act was scheduled to hit the
Senate this week.  This act would outlaw future same-sex marriages by
defining marriage as a legal union of one man and one woman, and would give
states the authority to reject a same-sex marriage performed in another
state.

Should gays be allowed to marry?  Is this a travesty of civil rights, aking
to segregation?  Or is it a sign of moral decay?  Join ACLU hosts LftOfWrite
and JUJU49 for this hot debate, and be prepared to voice your own opinion --
there is always an open discussion!

Don't miss it: Saturday, September 6 at 10 p.m. eastern in Freedom Hall. To
get there use Keyword: ACLU, then ACLU Live, then FREEDOM HALL.  Or if you
have AOL 3.0 just save this e-mail and click here:  <A HREF="aol://2719:3-614-
Freedom Hall">Freedom Hall</A>