Subject: Gaycrawler.com Launches a Specialized Gay and Lesbian Search Engine
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:49:48 -0600

Distribution Note:
Full distribution of this message was delayed due to a software
problem at Gaydata.com. If you have received it more than once,
please accept our apologies. (Removal instructions are at the end.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GAYCRAWLER.COM LAUNCHES A SPECIALIZED
GAY AND LESBIAN SEARCH ENGINE

Montreal, Canada - February 18th, 2000 -  A new search engine is born
today and the proud parent is GayCrawler.com (www.GayCrawler.com).
The company announced today that its Internet search engine on Gays
and Lesbians is now serving the community.  The President of
GayCrawler.com, Mr. Gerard Spatafora, described this event as "The
first step in what we hope will be a variety of worldwide Internet
services for Gays and Lesbians".

GayCrawler.com's search engine sprung up as an alternative to traditional
engines like Yahoo! and Altavista.  While they contain millions of Web
documents, they often fall victim to their own success.  In fact, looking
for a list of Web sites related to one single subject is difficult as
results of researches are rarely pertinent.  Furthermore, their database
often lacks the Internet Web site surfers are looking for.

With a database of more than 2000 different URL addresses, divided into 110
categories, GayCrawler.com offers a springboard to everyone looking into
gay- and lesbian-related topics, whatever the sexual orientation of the
surfer.  The site currently has French and English versions, with Spanish in
the works for the end of 2000.  Categories include art, media, cyberculture,
community, chambers of commerce, student groups, shopping online, travel and
more.  In time, other services will be added : email, webzine, employment, a
virtual community with chat rooms in March 2000, e-commerce in May 2000.

To avoid getting behind in the database, as well as to allow interaction
with the surfer, GayCrawler.com invites Internet users to suggest new URL
addresses, to send his or her comments, and to put the HTML codes of the
search engine on his or her own Web page.

About GayCrawler.com
GayCrawler.com is a joint venture between Gérard Spatafora, a specialist in
Internet portals, and Arobas.net, an Internet Service Provider throughout
Canada.  Licensing the technology of Francité for its search engine, it is
also a full-fledged partner in a network of more than 35 million pages
viewed / month.  For its banner management, GayCrawler.com uses the DART
software by DoubleClick, the industry standard.   It currently has offices
in Montreal, Canada for the North American market and Bordeaux, France for
the European market.

- 30 -

Trademarks :
All the names and trademarks used in this document are the sole property of
their owner.

Contacts For Further Information :
Marc Gauthier
(1-514) 223 - 9625
[email-masked]
www.GayCrawler.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
This news release was distributed by the Gay Media Database at
www.gaydata.com. We send occasional news items of interest to the
glbt community. To be permanently removed from the list, reply with
REMOVE in the subject line. Thank you.