Subject: Browsing Gay Newsgroups
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 1996 21:11:40 -0500

Hi Everybody,

Here's my holiday gift for all on MPetrelis' list of trouble-makers and other
responsible citizens.  I was browsing the net, trying to see what was out
there in gay news groups.  In the process, I downloaded and compiled into one
file a 119 page list of news groups.  If anyone would like a copy of the
whole list to facilitate your own net browsing, let me know.

I also ran  WordPerfect searches on the text using the words <gay> and
<homosexual> and <queer>.  Queer had no hits.  Hmmm.  I did not search by
<lesbian>.  Here's the result of those searches.  If the list seems short,
remember its news groups, not urls.  More explanation of the limitation of
the listings is contained in the longer document.

Happy holidays and happy new year to you all.  This has been a big year for
gay rights in many ways.

Warmly,
Tim Campbell
Minneapolis

--------------------------------
GAY NEWSGROUPS  Gay News Groups
Active on Internet December 24, 1996

clari.news.gays	Homosexuality and gay rights. (Moderated)
clari.news.minorities	News of ethnic minorities, gays, aging, the disabled.
(Moderated)
alt.journalism.gay-press	News from a homosexual viewpoint.
alt.personals.motss	Romance for gay people.
alt.politics.libertarian.gay	Individual liberty and gay/lesbian/bi issues.
alt.sex.stories.gay	Erotic tales involving homosexuals.
alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.gaymen	Explicit pictures of gay men.

alt.homosexual	Same as alt.sex.homosexual.
alt.homosexual.lesbian	Use soc.women.lesbian-and-bi instead.
alt.politics.homosexuality	As the name implies.
alt.sex.bears	Hairy homosexual men.
alt.sex.homosexual	Homosexual relations.

bit.listserv.gaynet	GayNet Discussion List. (Moderated)