Subject: LA 2653: VOTE.COM: VERMONT CIVIL UNIONS (fwd)
From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:01:58 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:58:52 -1000
From: Martin Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Martin Rice <[email-masked]>
Subject: LA 2653:  VOTE.COM:  VERMONT CIVIL UNIONS

Aloha kakahiaka kakou.

At the current time, we're loosing big on this one.  Please take the
time to make your vote count.  Mahalo nui to Fred, Keoki and Joshua for
the "heads up."

Last Thursday, the Vermont House of Representatives passed a bill
that would recognize same-sex "civil unions" in the state.  The measure
would
allow gay couples to receive all the legal benefits of married couples,
but
preserves the term "marriage" solely for unions between a man and a
woman.

Should this bill be signed into law?  Vote.com is now holding an online
referendum asking YOU that very question.  All votes will be sent to
Vermont
Governor Howard Dean.

The fate of this bill will help shape the future of same-sex unions
across America.   If you have a point of view on this issue, we
encourage you to log
on and make your vote count at http://www.vote.com