Subject: Gay Anger, Gay Fear.
From: matthewc@magic (Clark Matthews)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1993 20:58:34 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.discrimination,alt.politics.homosexuality,alt.homosexual,soc.motss,soc.rights.human

MY GAY ANGER / MY GAY FEAR:
* They say we are not able to have lasting relationships. If we have a
  relationship the courts take out children away (Virginia).  This is
  NOT justice!

* They say that homosexuality is a choice.  This is silly!  Who would choose
  to be disowned by their parents, thrown out of their church, loose their
  job & home?  What sane person would chose to be a pariah?  Before you try
  to say that all gays are insane remember that we already been proven as
  a group to be just as sane as heterosexuals, first by Dr. Evelyn Hooker,
  and several times since then in other studies.  Also remember that they
  have isolated the area in the genes that they are 95% positive control
  sexual orientation.  Except to help hold together their fragile little
  lies in the blinding light of truth there is no explanation for this
  belief.  If you accepted that were made gay then you couldn't say God
  hates us.  Those people who cling to "homosexual choice" remind me of some
  of the crazy theories that poped up about the planetary pathes so that
  religious leaders could cling to the belief that everything orbited around
  the earth.  Stupid, get over it, were gay, and most of up were made that
  way.

* They say they can not offer support for same-gender relationships because
  they do not exist.  The fact is that they do exist, and this is minor
  miracle since there is no support for these relationships and many
  obstacles to them.   If we have a relationship we cannot celebrate it,
  we must hide it!

* They call same-gender couple holding hand "flaunting-it" but a mixed-gender
  is normal.  To show a woman & man in expressing love toward one and other
  (in art, on TV, in a movie, in a magazine, on that billboard) is
  expected. To show two persons of the same gender doing this is called
  pornography.  This is a double standard to continue the lie!

* The say the bible condemns us, while half of their marriages end in divorce,
  they eat legless/finless creatures, dressed in mixed fiber cloth, and plant
  more than one crop in the the same field.  The latter restrictions, they say,
  are no longer apply.  This is hypocrisy (another sin)!

* Children must not be exposed to positive images of homosexuality because if
  they are it is called recruiting.  They must only be told that it is "sick"
  and "sinful", and heterosexuality is the only way.  Excuse me, who is
  "recruiting" here?  Gays, I think NOT!

* Gay youth are abandoned, abused, harassed, and killed for who they are.  They
  cannot speak to anyone because they know they will be called "sick".  Is it
  any wonder homosexuality is the leading cause of suicide among teenagers!

* If we get AIDS we deserved it.  Even if, as in the case of a 19 year old
  friend of mine, we are not told how to protect ourselves if we are gay.
  This is murder by in-action.  They wouldn't let this happen to our little
  straight kids, some in government and religion have spoken of how great
  AIDS is since they think they can purge the queers with it.  Genocide!!

* They carry signs that read "Thank God for A.I.D.S" and hold hate rallies
  outside of the funerals of those who died of AIDS.  They do this in the
  name of God.  This is SICK!!!  When they figure how to identify the
  little fag babies from the little straight ones they will want the
  government to help pay for the abortions of the gay ones.  Don't think
  they won't BECAUSE THEY WILL!

* They say that if we are allowed to teach we will molest the children.  The
  fact is: the most likely molester is a straight man, and his victim, his
  daughter or other young girl residing in the same household.  Perhaps we
  should no allow straight men to teach female minors this would eliminate
  most of the problems.

* They are now saying that there is no discrimination against gays.  Then
  why is it that an openly gay man is the most likely victim of a violent
  hate crime.  More likely than a black.  More likely than a woman.  More
  likely than the differently abled. More likely than the elderly. Explain
  this!

* When we are depicted in entertainment we are: getting killed or killing
  ourselves, we are dying of AIDS, we are behaving in an anti-social or
  illegal manner, we are married off to the opposite sex for the wrong
  reasons.  We are never shown in a happy same-sex relationship, or going
  out on a date to someplace nice, or celebrating a commitment or anything
  else (non-sexual) that other mixed gender couples are constantly show
  doing.  This is a lie that the media is foisting upon us!!

* With what we teach our children about being gay, and the fact that we
  are the only oppressed group that I can think of that is raised by it's
  oppressor I find it amazing that, in general, gays and lesbians are a
  nice, and according to Dr. Hooker well adjusted group of individuals.
  The black child is raised by parents who help him to deal with being
  call "race slur", the KKK is explained.  This is true for every other
  group (minority or not), the rich, the poor, etc.  The parents tell
  the child that they are a worthy individual, they set an example,
  they are the same.  We have no one to turn to the first time we are
  told "die fag".  If we tell our family they might stop loving us,
  they don't understand, they aren't homosexual.  We don't have anyone
  to explain Pat Robertson et al. to us.  So completely alone.

* Now Colorado says that it will cost too much to protect gays/lesbians
  from discrimination.  So they want to throw away a portion of the
  population to save money.  It will cost more in the long run not to
  protect gays/lesbians as these people divert energy, that could otherwise
  be put to use, to hiding themselves.

* I am so frightened because as soon as they figure out how to genetically
  identify us as fags, we will all be hacked out of our mother's wombs
  before we are born and killed.  Genetic research will do to us what
  thousands of year genocide couldn't.  We will be eliminated.  DON'T
  THINK IT WON"T HAPPEN!!  Parents already kill their teenage/adult gay
  kids (either actually or in their own minds).  Some parents go as far
  as to hold funerals for the gay child they threw out onto the street at
  the age of twelve.

* AIDS:
  WE DIE, THEY DO NOTHING (except make signs reading "Thank God for A.I.D.S.).
  WE DIE, THEY DO NOTHING (except beat us to death with bats and clubs).
  WE DIE, THEY DO NOTHING (except say we are getting what we deserve).
  WE DIE, THEY DO NOTHING (except deny us access to our chosen families).
  WE DIE, THEY DO NOTHING (except abandon us).

 -------------------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Clark C. Matthews / IT Programmer, Analyst             | \\\\////
 Georgetown University, Medical Library (Room GM-7)     |  \\\///  Never Again,
 3900 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, DC 20007           |   \\//  Never Forget!
 (202) 687-1035   [email-masked]    |    \/
 +------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+
 |    This is a private use account.  All opinions expressed are those of     |
 !    the accounts registered user and not those of Georgetown University.    |
 +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
  Thomas W. Holt Jr. | Snail-mail: 609 S 6th St Terre Haute, IN 47807-4313
  QRD Assistant Elf! | Email: [email-masked] | Vox: 812-234-2814
  Queer Resource Directory is available via Ftp WAIS Gopher Mosaic FtpMail
  Be Political Not Polite | Gay, Pagan, Proud! | Silence=Death Action=Life