Subject: How to Get Your Pink Card
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 15:21:06 -0500 (EST)

How To Get Your Pink Card, the board game of learning, laughing and living
gay, life hit the market last November and is now availalbe across the
country.  The game is receiving an enthusiastic response from both the press
and the public.  MSNBC said the time is right for a game like this and called
it "the REAL game of life!"

As much as it is a game, though, How To Get Your Pink Card is being
recognized as an innovation which helps reduce the stress associated with the
discussion of sexual orientation and identity.  The game estabishes a fun,
non-threatening environment and its humor serves as an icebreaker when
exploring gay issues.

A local high school here in D.C. is actaully using the game in its counseling
sesssions.  If you would like any more information, please email us at
[email-masked].

We have also attached an article written about the game in The Washington
Blade.  Thanks for your help!

The following is the full transcript of a review which appeared in the
Washington Blade (the gay weekly of the Nation's capital) on January 10, 1997
entitled,

"Move over, Monopoly":

"Was it Candyland?  Or Chutes and Ladders?  Later, was it Monopoly, or
Trivial Pursuit?  What board games shaped your childhood?  Did your family
play them together?  Did you laugh and learn about each other?  Did you ever
long for something more...Gay?  Then 'How to Get Your Pink Card, A Board
Game' is the game for you.

At last, due to the enthusiasm and creative genius of Romanus Wolter,
Marguerite Arnold, and Keith Myer, a thoroughly Gay (although very
straight-friendly) board game that can and should be played with all your
friends and family.  You and your sweetie and your straight brother-in-lay
and your grandma can sit around the bright pink board and learn more than you
ever wanted to know about Gay culture and history while in hot pursuit of
'Nirvana', the ultimate triangle at the center.  Multiple choice questions
award the most points for Gay-friendly answers - 'In high school, 'gym' was:
A. an opportunity for athleticism; B. a chance to see guys with their shirts
off; or C. your date's name.'

The 'Truth or Dare' segment allows players to explore their theatrical side
or peek in each others' closets. (How's your Liberace impression?).  Players
determined to take the 'Straight Path' will likely become frustrated at the
lack of progress and opt for the AC/DC route to gaydom. 

How to Get Your Pink Card started life as an idea for a book entitled How
Come I Didn't Know All These Men Were Gay?  When the high energy creators
discovered many similarly themed books already on the market, they kept and
nurtured the idea, and the game was born.

A big delight and surprise for the entrepreneurs has been the response from
the retail outlets they've approached, including straight novelty stores and
college book stores.  A Lesbian version is in the works and they'd love to
see their brainchild on MTV being played by RuPaul."

How to Get Your Pink Card may be ordered by calling 1-800-494-PINK.