Subject: Free Gay Maps
From: Sam_Damon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 15:09:39 -0400 (edt)

>  Our current itinerary is as follows: P-town, Bar Harbor/Maine mtns.,
>  Quebec City, Montreal, Vermont/New Hampshire, Boston.
>  Subject to change based on any "can't miss" recommendations I get.
> 
>  We would like information on inexpensive, gay-friendly places to stay in
>  Boston, Provincetown and any other New England spots that are recommended.

I'm not a traveler so I can't give you specific recommendations but while at
A Different Light tonight, I picked up a bunch of free Columbia FunMaps. 
For those who don't know, these are large fold-out gay maps chock full of
diagrams, resources, addresses, phone numbers and ads.  Every establishment
is clearly identified on the map.  Best of all, they're free.

I just happened to pick up extra copies of maps for Provincetown ("including
New England") and Boston, and "Northeast Resorts."  I also saw some maps for
Quebec and Montreal although I didn't take any.  The Provincetown map even
offers to send you $10 if you send them a copy of the bill indicating that
you stayed at an inn advertised in the map.  If you want your own maps, you
can contact Columbia FunMaps at 118 East 28th St, New York, NY  10016 or
call 212-447-7877.  I don't know if they send them to individuals though. 
You may also find them in your local A Different Light.   Or if you'd like,
leave me your address and I'll send you what I have.