Subject: "Straight from the Heart" Video
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 00:08:04 -0400

For Immediate Release
Contact: Kathy Worthington (801) 288-9294
Tear sheet requested (or send me the entire publication) to: 848 E Bristle
Pine Place Apt 31 SLC
UT 84106.

******************************************************************************
*****************
My Mother Has Seen It, Has Yours?
by Kathy Worthington

Really.  My mother has seen it.  Twice.  Two brothers and their wives have
seen it, as have my
sister, most of my co-workers, and all of my friends.

Perhaps you noticed it among the many nominees for Hollywood's Academy Awards
this year.
"Straight from the Heart," a powerful 24-minute video about parents coming to
terms with their
children's homosexuality, was nominated for the Award for Best Short
Documentary.  Produced
by lesbian activists Dee Mosbacher and Frances Reid of San Francisco,
"Straight from the
Heart" features heartwarming, poignant interviews with parents and with some
of their gay
children . . . and it addresses most of the popular myths and misconceptions
about homosexual
people and about our struggle for equal rights.

"Straight from the Heart" didn't win the Academy Award, but this powerful,
dramatic video just
may be the single most effective educational tool we have for winning over
the hearts of the
most important people in our lives: our parents and families.  If there is a
single video that our
parents, siblings, co-workers, classmates, friends and lawmakers should see,
in my opinion, this
is the one.  It especially needs to be seen by parents who have turned their
backs on their gay
and lesbian children.

Produced with a broad target audience in mind, "Straight from the Heart" may
seem bland and
soft to long-time gay activists living in New York or San Francisco, but it's
just the thing for the
people who are really the ones voting away our rights; those in the
heartlands and provinces; the
people next door.

The rights to "Straight from the Heart" have been purchased by Motivational
Media and the video
is expected to be shown in the very near future on cable TV in the U.S.
(probably Showtime) and
about thirty days later it will become available on home video.  Hopefully
the distributors will
make this video available to you in your home town very soon.  Watch for it,
then rent it, buy it,
whatever . . . and then make sure your mother sees it.

					#End