Subject: please post
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:56:52 -0700

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

"GAS HUFFIN' BAD GALS!" a short film by Harry McCoy 

will be making it's Los Angeles debut as part of OUTFEST 98'

in the "Girls Kick Ass" program. 

It will be shown at the Directors Guild of America Video on:

July 14,(Tuesday) @ 2:15pm

July 15,(Wednesday) @ 9:15pm

July 16,(Thursday) @ 4:45pm

"Gas Huffin' Bad Gals!" (:25 min. U.S.A)

Directed by Harry McCoy

Written by Bradford Scobie

Starring: Bradford Scobie, Kristyn Watters, and Laura Sweeney

Los Angeles contact: Martha Clayton (310)239-9805

OUTFEST Info/Tickets: (213)782-1135 or WWW.OUTFEST.ORG

Harry McCoy is a nationally recognized commercial director, whose 

Film "Black and White & Red All Over" was included in the line up for 
Sundance 97'.

He is currently represented by Picture Park in Boston (617) 526-1949, 
who have 

just opened another office here in L.A. (310) 315-1949.

Bradford Scobie is a comedic writer and actor, who originally wrote " 
Gas Huffin' " for the stage.

Bradford can be seen at comedy clubs all over the east coast and in many 
commercials.

"Gas Huffin' Bad Gals!" has been shown at several film festivals 
around the world including:

New England Film & Video Foundation 1998 (Boston, Ma.)

Cannes You Dig It 1998 (Cannes, France)

New York Underground Film Festival 1998 (NY,NY)

(some review quotes from the NY screening)

"But there are flashes of brilliance, Harry McCoy's "Gas Huffin' Bad 
Gals!" pays

homage to the Russ Meyers sexploitation films of the 60's with 
technical virtuosity

and a light touch"

by Curtis Ellis MSNBC

"Russ Meyers meets the Spice Girls in this phenomenal-looking, high-camp

low content exploitation flick"

by Tessa Hughes-Freeland PAPERMAG

"Carrying on Doris Wishman's legacy, Harry McCoy's "Gas Huffin' 
Bad Gals!"

offers enough sleazy high-jinks and bad hairdos to satisfy any devotee 
of her oeuvre"

by David Noh NY Blade News