Subject: =-= Gay TV: 8/10-8/16 =-=
From: Michael Biocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 96 23:51:09 -0500

Sent at: 11:55 PM ET, Aug 10, 1996
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=                   "GAY TV LISTINGS OF THE WEEK"                    -=-=
-=-=                  Weekly Column By Michael Biocco                   -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=               http://www.jersey.net/~not2/gaytv.htm                -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Hello friends!  This is a list of Television shows for Saturday, 8/10/96
throught Friday, 8/16/96.  All shows are Eastern Time unless otherwise
noted.  Based on TV listings for the Phila/NJ/NYC area.  The list covers
Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgendered, Gay/straight AIDS themes, and other sexual
minorities.
 
As I compile the list for each week, I post the "working copy" on my Web
Site, many times, before the finished work is published to the UseNet and
Gay TV Mailing List.  Please visit my Web Site often starting on Fridays
EVERY week!
 
The listings below with word "*Link*" now have World Wide Web links added
so you can read lots more information about them (This linking service only
works at my Web Site)!
 
Gay TV is compiled in a DataBase Program Format on MS-WORKS.  This file is
available for download at my Web Site.
 
    >> SHOWGIRLS.  Airs 8/9/96 , Friday, 9:30 PM , ShowTime Cable.
       "Nomi Malone (Elizabeth Berkley) schemes to replace her club's
       reigning showgirl, the bisexual cokehead Cristal (Gina Gershon)."
       --PGN.
 
    >> FARINELLI.  *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 5:00 AM , The
       Sundance Channel.  A highly successful castrato endures a
       tortured existence.
 
    >> HIGHER LEARNING.  *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 8:00 AM , HBO-3
       Cable.  "Racial and sexual tensions fragmenting the freshman
       class of a fictional college.  Starring Omar Epps, Kristy Swanson
       and Michael Rapaport."  --TV Guide.  "Reportedly this movie has a
       lebian character."  --Carol M.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 10:30 AM
       , HBO-2.  See above.
 
    >> THE WEDDING BANQUET.  Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 2:00 PM ,
       Cinemax-2 Cable.  "A gay Chinese man living with His lover in New
       York arranges a marriage of convenience to placate his parents."
       --Robert L.
 
    >> FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 5:30 PM ,
       SHO-2.  Features a very positive portrayal of a gay couple.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 6:30 PM , MTV
       Cable.  In the 5th episode:  "Melissa and Dan both find the
       perfect guy; the business causes conflict among the roomies."
       --TV Guide.  YES, Dan gets a boyfriend!!  New episodes air
       Wednesday nights.
 
    >> HIGHER LEARNING.  *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 8:00 PM , HBO-3
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> COPS.  Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 8:30 PM local time, Los Angeles
       channel KTTV.  "A suspected homosexual murder."  --TMS-TV.  Check
       your local listings.
 
    >> TAXICAB CONFESSIONS 3. Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 10:30 PM , HBO
       Network.  A transsexual topless dancer is included in HBO's
       'America Undercover' Show.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 10:30 PM , MTV
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  *Link* Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 11:00 PM
       , HBO-2 Cable.  See above.
 
    >> DOG DAY AFTERNOON.  Airs 8/10/96 , Saturday, 11:30 PM , Chicago
       based National Cable Feed, WGN.  Based on the true story of a New
       York man and two accomlices who attempt to rob a bank to pay for
       his lover's sex-change operation.
 
    >> THE RITZ.  *Link* Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 10:30 AM , Cinemax-2
       Cable.  Screwball comedy about a fugitive from the mob who
       unwittingly takes refuge in a gay bathhouse.  1976 Comedy 'R'
       Rita Moreno, Jack Weston.  --Robert L.
 
    >> A CHORUS LINE.  Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 11:00 AM , Prism Cable.
       Two of the dancers are gay in this film version of the Broadway
       hit.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. *Link* Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 11:30 AM , MTV
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> IT'S PAT.  *Link* Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 4:45 PM , The Movie
       Channel.  The gender- bending 'Saturday Night Live' character
       (Julia Sweeney) keeps friends and neighbors guessing as to
       his/her real persuasion.
 
    >> A CHORUS LINE.  Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 5:00 PM , Prism Cable.
       See above.
 
    >> SHORE THINGS.  Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 5:30 PM , Philadelphia WHYY
       channel 12.  This documentary about America's beaches includes a
       look at the gay beach in Rehoboth Delaware!  Check your local PBS
       listings.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. *Link* Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 7:00 PM , MTV
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> NAKED IN NEW YORK.  *Link* Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 7:30 PM ,
       Cinemax-2 Cable.  "An aspiring playwright deals with advances
       from an older actress and his longtime male friend.  Starring
       Eric Stoltz and May-Louise Parker."  --Robert L
 
    >> SISTER, SISTER.  Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 7:30 PM , Chicago based
       National Cable Feed channel WGN.  Drag-queen RuPaul makes an
       appearance!
 
    >> 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN.  Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 8:00 PM , NBC
       stations.  "Kristen Johnson plays a male alian hiding in a female
       Earthling's body.  In this episode, Dick faces growing old."
       ---PGN.
 
    >> SISTER, SISTER.  Airs 8/11/96 , Sunday, 8:30 PM , WB (Warner
       Brothers) stations.  Drag-queen RuPaul makes an appearance!
 
    >> ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS.  Airs 8/12/96 , Sunday-Monday, 12:00 AM ,
       Comedy Central.  "Two middle-aged women claw thier way through a
       series of society parties and fashion shows."  --PGN.
 
    >> EASTENDERS.  Airs 8/12/96 , Sunday-Monday, 12:00 AM ,
       Philadelphia WHYY channel 12.  "The British soap, which features
       a lesbian couple as regular characters, recently includes an HIV
       story line."  --PGN.  May or may not include gay content in this
       airing.  Check your local PBS listings.
 
    >> BOB NEWHART.  Airs 8/12/96 , Sunday-Monday, 1:30 AM ,
       Nickelodeon.  "A homosexual man joins Bob's group."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> DISCLOSURE.  Airs 8/12/96 , Sunday-Monday, 1:40 AM , HBO Cable.
       The PGN says, "After being sexually harassed by his boss
       (portrayed by Demi Moore), a corporate executive (played by
       Michael Douglas) suffers nightmares, one of which features a
       same-sex kiss between himself and a male supervisor."
 
    >> SALMONBERRIES.  Airs 8/12/96 , Sunday-Monday, 2:00 AM , Prism
       Cable.  "Account of the friendship that develops between an
       Eskimo drifter (k.d.  lang) and an East German librarian (Rosel
       Zech) in a small Alaskan town."  --TV GUide.  A lesbian love
       story.
 
    >> STAIRCASE.  Airs 8/12/96 , Sunday-Monday, 4:00 AM , FLIX Network.
       Two eldery homosexuals share a thriving barbershop business.
       1969 Drama 'R' Richard Burton, Rex Harrison.  ---Robert L.
 
    >> A CHORUS LINE.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 7:00 AM , Prism Cable.
       See above.
 
    >> STAIRCASE.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 10:00 AM , Fox Movie Channel.
       See above.
 
    >> KIDS IN THE HALL.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 11:30 AM , Comedy
       Central.  Openly gay Scott Thompson and cast members often dress
       in drag for the female roles and some times do gay skits.  Comedy
       Central airs this Mondays through Thursdays at 11:30 am, 5:00 pm,
       and Midnight.
 
    >> ZORRO, THE GAY BLADE.  *Link* Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 12:00 PM ,
       Fox Movie Channel.  George Hamilton as the swordsman's twin sons,
       one straight, one gay, who take over after their father's death.
       Picture Zorro in a lavender tasseled hat!  Lots of stereotypical
       moments, but great fun anyway!  -- Carol M.
 
    >> SOAP.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 2:00 PM , Comedy Central.  "Billy
       Crystal plays the sitcom's gay character, Jodie Dallas.  Airs
       weekdays at 2:00 pm."  --PGN.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  *Link* Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 3:00 PM ,
       HBO-2 Cable.  See above.
 
    >> MELROSE PLACE.  *Link* Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 7:00 PM , E!
       Entertainment Channel.  "Reruns of the FOX evening soap opera
       'Melrose Place.'  Matt (Doug Savant) is the show's gay
       character."  Episode title:  "My Way", See Web Link for complete
       episode details!!!  This episode repeats at Midnight and 9 am.
 
    >> ARE YOU BEING SERVED?  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 7:30 PM ,
       Philadelphia WHYY channel 12.  "This long-running English comedy,
       set in a department store, features a flamboyant gay man."
       --PGN.  Check your local PBS listings.
 
    >> BAR GIRLS.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 8:00 PM , Cinemax Cable.
       "Witty examination of the topsy-turvy romances that befall a
       group of gay women hanging out at a local tavern."  --TV Guide.
 
    >> KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 9:00 PM ,
       Showtime-2 Cable.  "In a Latin American prison, an emotional
       relationship develops between a political prisoner and his
       homosexual cellmate."  --Robert L.
 
    >> DR.  JEKYLL AND MS.  HYDE.  Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 9:30 PM ,
       Cinemax Cable.  This time Dr.  Jekyll turns back and forth into a
       beautiful woman.
 
    >> HIGHER LEARNING.  *Link* Airs 8/12/96 , Monday, 11:15 PM , HBO-2
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> STAIRCASE.  Airs 8/13/96 , Monday-Tuesday, 12:30 AM , Fox Movie
       Channel.  See above.
 
    >> ROSIE O'DONNELL.  *Link* Airs 8/13/96 , Monday-Tuesday, 2:05 AM ,
       Philadelphia WPVI channel 6. "Kyra Sedgwick, who stars in the
       upcoming ShowTime film LOSING CHASE is scheduled to appear.  The
       film, which airs next week, centers around a friendship between a
       young collage graduate (Sedgwick) and Chase (Helen Mirren), a
       dying, married woman.  Who realizes Chase is a lesbian."  ---PGN.
       Airs Monday on most ABC stations, check your local listings!
 
    >> ZORRO, THE GAY BLADE.  *Link* Airs 8/13/96 , Monday-Tuesday, 2:10
       AM , Fox Movie Channel.  See above.
 
    >> CLUELESS.  *Link* Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 6:15 AM , HBO-3 Cable.
       One thing this self-absorbed Beverly Hills teen is clueless about
       is that her Mr.  Right is a "Disco-dancin' Oscar Wilde readin'
       Striesand-ticket-holdin' Friend of Dorothy."
 
    >> PORTRAIT OF A FAMILY.  Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 9:30 AM local
       time, San Fransisco channel KCSM.  "The AIDS crisis; sexually
       transmitted diseases."  --TMS-TV.  Check your local PBS listings.
 
    >> SCHOOL TIES.  *Link* Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 2:15 PM , HBO-3
       Cable.  "At a 1955 New England prep school, a scholarship student
       (Brendan Fraser) conceals the fact that he's Jewish."  --TV
       Guide.  Weather your gay or Jewish, the hatred hurts the same,
       VERY interesting movie for GLB folks.
 
    >> LIFE STORIES:  FAMILIES IN CRISIS.  Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 5:30
       PM , HBO Cable.  "A teenage lesbian want to go to the prom with
       her girlfriend."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> CLUELESS.  *Link* Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 6:00 PM , HBO-3 Cable.
       See above.
 
    >> MELROSE PLACE.  *Link* Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 7:00 PM , E!
       Entertainment Channel.  Episode title:  "Second Chances," see Web
       Link.
 
    >> TAXICAB CONFESSIONS 3. Airs 8/13/96 , Tuesday, 11:30 PM , HBO
       Network.  See above.
 
    >> IT'S PAT.  *Link* Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 8:35 AM , The Movie
       Channel.  See above.  guessing as to his/her real persuasion.
 
    >> THE NAKED TRUTH.  Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 9:00 AM , Comedy
       Central.  "Two heterosexual men are forced to pose as women with
       a group of beauty-pagent contestants."  --Robert L.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  *Link* Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 11:30
       AM , HBO-3 Cable.  See above.
 
    >> FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 1:05 PM ,
       The Movie Channel.  Features a very positive portrayal of a gay
       couple.
 
    >> IT'S PAT.  *Link* Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 3:00 PM , The Movie
       Channel.  See above.  guessing as to his/her real persuasion.
 
    >> THE NAKED TRUTH.  Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 3:00 PM , Comedy
       Central.
 
    >> IMAGES/IMAGENES.  Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 6:30 PM , New Jersey
       Network channels 23, 50 and 52.  "AIDS and unsafe sex."
       --TMS-TV.  Check your local PBS listings.
 
    >> MELROSE PLACE.  *Link* Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 7:00 PM , E!
       Entertainment Channel.  Episode:  "Lonely Hearts", see Web Link.
       This episode repeats at Midnight and 9 am.
 
    >> THELMA AND LOUISE.  Airs 8/14/96 Wednesday, 8:00 PM , Showtime
       Cable.  Two girls on the run from the police and on a crime spry.
       I believe they are lesbian lovers.
 
    >> PARTY OF FIVE.  Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 9:00 PM , Fox Stations.
       "Openly gay actor Mitchell Anderson plays a violin teacher in
       this well-done dramatic series."  --PGN.  "In this episode,
       Bailey gets the lowdown on Grandfather Jake (Carroll O'Connor)."
       --PGN.
 
    >> INSIDE THE SEXES.  Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 10:00 PM , The
       Learning Channel.  Medical techniques used to diagnose and treat
       AIDS, and various sexual disfunctions.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. *Link* Airs 8/14/96 , Wednesday, 10:00 PM , MTV
       Cable.  In the 6th episode:  "Dan has a business idea; Sarah
       wrestles with trusting roommates; Cynthia doubts whether she can
       contribute."  --TMS-TV.  New episodes air Wednesday nights.
 
    >> DEAR JOHN.  Airs 8/15/96 , Wednesday-Thursday, 12:30 AM ,
       Philadelphia WTXF channel 29.  " A homosexual club member
       (Cleavon Little) falls for John."  --TMS-TV.  Check your local
       listings.
 
    >> DREAM ON.  Airs 8/15/96 , Wednesday-Thursday, 12:30 AM , Comedy
       Central.  "Martin and Nina are tested for AIDS."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  Airs 8/15/96 , Wednesday-Thursday,
       12:35 AM , The Movie Channel.  Features a very positive portrayal
       of a gay couple.
 
    >> INSIDE THE SEXES.  Airs 8/15/96 , Wednesday-Thursday, 1:00 AM ,
       The Learning Channel.  Medical techniques used to diagnose and
       treat AIDS, and various sexual disfunctions.
 
    >> THREE'S COMPANY.  Airs 8/15/96 , Wednesday-Thursday, 3:30 AM ,
       New York City WNYW channel 5. "The girls tell Mr.  Roper that
       Jack is homosexual."  --TSM-TV.
 
    >> A CHORUS LINE.  Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 9:30 AM , Cinemax Cable.
       See above.
 
    >> MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE.  Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 9:30 AM , The
       Sundance Channel.  A Pakistani immigrant and his sometimes lover
       refurbish a ratty London Laundrette.  --Robert L
 
    >> CLUELESS.  *Link* Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 10:00 AM , HBO-2
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT.  *Link* Airs
       8/15/96 , Thursday, 1:15 PM , The Sundance Channel.
       "Oscar-winning costumes highlight this story of two Australian
       drag queens and a transsexual, crossing the outback in a lavender
       bus named Priscilla.  Terence Stamp and Hugo Weaving star."
       --Robert L
 
    >> LIVING WITH AIDS:  AN OCCASION OF GRACE.  Airs 8/15/96 ,
       Thursday, 2:30 PM , ALLENTOWN PA WLVT channel 39A.  "AIDS
       patients and their care-givers."  --TMS-TV.  Check your local PBS
       listings.
 
    >> MR.  BELVEDERE.  Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 3:30 PM local time, Los
       Angeles channel KADY.  "Wesley's classmate has AIDS."  TMS-TV.
       Check your local listings.
 
    >> DR.  JEKYLL AND MS.  HYDE.  Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 6:30 PM ,
       Cinemax Cable.  See above.
 
    >> MELROSE PLACE.  *Link* Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 7:00 PM , E!
       Entertainment Channel.  Episode:  "Responsibly Yours", See Web
       Link!!  This episode repeats at Midnight and 9 am.
 
    >> MY BEAUTIFUL LAUNDRETTE.  Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 9:00 PM , The
       Sundance Channel.  A Pakistani immigrant and his sometimes lover
       refurbish a ratty London Laundrette.  --Robert L.
 
    >> BEDTIME.  Airs 8/15/96 , Thursday, 10:00 PM , ShowTime Cable.
       "The ShowTime orignal weekly-series follows the lives of six
       couples, features Donna (Felicity Huffman) and Liz (Susan Gibney)
       as the show's same-sex couple" ---PGN.
 
    >> ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT.  *Link* Airs
       8/16/96 , Thursday-Friday, 12:30 AM , The Sundance Channel.
       "Oscar-winning costumes highlight this story of two Australian
       drag queens and a transsexual, crossing the outback in a lavender
       bus named Priscilla.  Terence Stamp and Hugo Weaving star."
       --Robert L
 
    >> CONAN O'BRIAN.  *Link* Airs 8/16/96 , Thursday-Friday, 12:35 AM ,
       NBC Stations.  Scheduled:  Kyra Sedgwick.  See Rosie O'Donnell
       Show listed above!
 
    >> CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC.  Airs 8/16/96 , Thursday-Friday, 2:00 AM ,
       Philadelphia WPHL channel 17.  "A lawyer helps an ex-model and a
       songwriter to promote a gay singing group called The Village
       People."  --TMS-TV.  Check your local listings.
 
    >> CLAIRE OF THE MOON.  *Link* Airs 8/16/96 , Thursday-Friday, 2:15
       AM , The Sundance Channel.  An author and a therapist become
       lesbian lovers at a women's retreat.  1992 Drama 'R' Trisha Todd,
       Karen Trumbo.
 
    >> LA CAGE AUX FOLLES 3:  THE WEDDING.  Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 6:30
       AM , Cinemax Cable.  "Homosexual partners learn one will inherit
       a Scottish castle if he marries and then produces an heir."
       --TMS-TV.
 
    >> HIGHER LEARNING.  *Link* Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 9:15 AM , HBO-3
       Cable.  See above.
 
    >> THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 12:00 PM , HBO-2
       Cable.  "Marcia's best friend is a reluctant lesbian; under the
       tutelage of her guidance counselor, played by RuPaul.  Jan Brady
       sports an Afro and tosses her glasses.  And a friendly gay couple
       lives right down the street."  --PGN.
 
    >> CHEERS.  Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 6:00 PM , Philadelphia WTXF
       channel 29.  "Sam's former roommate reveals he is homosexual."
       TMS-TV.  Check your local listings.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. *Link* Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 6:30 PM , MTV
       Cable.  See Wednesday.
 
    >> JUST ONE OF THE GUYS.  Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 7:00 PM , Comedy
       Central.  Well done story of a female high school teen who poses
       as a male for a newspaper article on sexism.  When she falls for
       a male classmate, other students thinks she's a gay male.
       --Carol M.
 
    >> MELROSE PLACE.  *Link* Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 7:00 PM , E!
       Entertainment Channel.  Episode:  "Burned", See Web Link.  This
       episode repeats at Midnight and 9 am.
 
    >> METAMORPHOSIS - MAN INTO WOMAN.  Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 10:00 PM
       , The Learning Channel.  "A transsexual undergoes a two and a
       half year process of change."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> BEDTIME.  Airs 8/16/96 , Friday, 11:00 PM , ShowTime Cable.  "Liz
       (Susan Gibney), who's been involved in a same-sex relationship,
       comes home with a man."  --TV Guide.
 
    >> TAXICAB CONFESSIONS 3. Airs 8/17/96 , Friday-Saturday, 12:30 AM ,
       HBO Network.  See above.
 
    >> JUST ONE OF THE GUYS.  Airs 8/17/96 , Friday-Saturday, 1:00 AM ,
       Comedy Central.  Well done story of a female high school teen who
       poses as a male for a newspaper article on sexism.  When she
       falls for a male classmate, other students thinks she's a gay
       male.
 
    >> METAMORPHOSIS - MAN INTO WOMAN.  Airs 8/17/96 , Friday-Saturday,
       1:00 AM , The Learning Channel.  "A transsexual undergoes a two
       and a half year process of change."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> JUST LIKE A WOMAN.  Airs 8/17/96 , Friday-Saturday, 4:30 AM ,
       Prism Cable.  "Story about a transvestite who loses his job and
       his family.  He falls in love with his London landlady (Julie
       Walters) who respects his need to dress up 'just like a women'.
 
    >> CITIZEN COHN.  Airs 8/17/96 , Friday-Saturday, 4:35 AM , HBO
       Cable.
 
Here are some shows for next week!
 
    >> SCHOOL TIES.  *Link* Airs 8/17/96 , Saturday, 10:00 AM , HBO
       Cable.  "At a 1955 New England prep school, a scholarship student
       (Brendan Fraser) conceals the fact that he's Jewish."  --TV
       Guide.  Weather your gay or Jewish, the hatred hurts the same,
       VERY interesting movie for GLB folks.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  *Link* Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 6:45 AM ,
       HBO-2 Cable.  Based on Randy Shilts' book about the early days of
       the AIDS epidemic.
 
    >> POLYESTER.  Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 12:00 PM , Comedy Central.
       Drag star Divine as a housewife, married to the owner of an adult
       theater, her daughter's involved with hoods, and her son is a
       dancer.  --Robert L.
 
    >> BAR GIRLS.  Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 7:30 PM , Cinemax-2 Cable.
       "Witty examination of the topsy-turvy romances that befall a
       group of gay women hanging out at a local tavern."  --TV Guide.
 
    >> LOSING CHASE.  *Link* Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 8:00 PM , Showtime
       Cable.  "Apparently, Kyra Sedgwick shares a kiss with her British
       co-star Helen Mirren."  ---Carol Mortimer.
 
    >> POLYESTER.  Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 8:00 PM , Comedy Central.  See
       above.
 
    >> ZORRO, THE GAY BLADE.  *Link* Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 8:00 PM ,
       FLIX Channel.  George Hamilton as the swordsman's twin sons, one
       straight, one gay, who take over after their father's death.
       Picture Zorro in a lavender tasseled hat!  Lots of stereotypical
       moments, but great fun anyway!  -- Carol M.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  *Link* Airs 8/18/96 , Sunday, 9:00 PM ,
       HBO-2 Cable.  See above.
 
Special thanks to the PGN (Philadelphia Gay News).  Additional listings
provided courtesy of this GREAT newspaper!
 
As always, Thanks to Robert L for his help with the Pay-Channels!
 
LE GALAXY is a new gay bar in Somerdale New Jersey (10 miles outside
Philly).  Phone 609-435-0888.  Update:  Le Galaxy will be closed Sundays
and Mondays now, through August.
 
Cross Connection (On-Line Service) has an automated LISTSERV Email Mailing
List!  Readers can now have Gay TV delivered right to their Email box.  No
more searching the internet to see when and where its posted.  To subscribe
just send an Email to [email-masked] with the words "SUBSCRIBE GAY-TV"
as the first line of text in the body of the message, not in the
Title/Subject field!  You can leave Title/Subject blank.
MAILTO:[email-masked]
 
Until next time, snuggle up to your TV set and keep the couch warm for me!
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The listserv for distribution of the Gay TV Weekly Listings is provided
by CROSS CONNECTION, providing Internet, Usenet, and TGNet access to the
transgender community worldwide.  Cross Connection also maintains
archives of fantasy stories, JPGs, and resource listings, and live chat.
Use your modem and call (818) 786-8887 [786-TVTS] ... all 9 lines at
14.4k v.32bis ... or send e-mail to [email-masked] with the subject
REQUEST XCINFO.TXT for information.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   Michael F Biocco          ____     MAILTO:[email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   PO Box 270                \  /          MAILTO:[email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   Clementon, NJ 08021        \/           MAILTO:[email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   Fax 609-566-1404         http://www.jersey.net/~not2/gaytv.htm   -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=