Subject: =-= Gay TV: 7/13-7/19 =-=
From: Michael Biocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 96 10:06:26 -0500

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=                   "GAY TV LISTINGS OF THE WEEK"                    -=-=
-=-=                  Weekly Column By Michael Biocco                   -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=            Carol Mortimer retired from this on March 30            -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 
Hello friends!  This is a list of Television shows for Saturday, 7/13/96
throught Friday, 7/19/96.  All shows are Eastern Time unless otherwise
noted.  Based on TV listings for the Phila/NJ/NYC area.  The list covers
Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgendered, Gay/straight AIDS themes, and other sexual
minorities.
 
DONATIONS are needed to keep Gay TV going.  I may lose my on-line access by
the end of July (phone, on-line services, etc.  are over $100 a month).  If
you appreciate the work I do on Gay TV please help!  Send donations payable
to Michael F Biocco at my PO Box below.
 
TV Guide's Web site has been giving me the wrong air times for many shows.
Readers should check my posted air times to be sure.  Wrong air times are
one hour ahead or behind.
 
Due to my situation, Gay TV will now be posted as time permits.  Don't
expect it posted every week or on-time.  Sorry.
 
Gay TV is compiled in a DataBase Program Format on MS-WORKS.  This file is
available for download at my Web Site.
 
    >> STONEWALL.  Opened last week in independent theaters that show gay
       films!  Docu-drama about the people, events, leading up to the
       day of the Stonewall Bar riots.  Emphasizing on the lifes of the
       drag queens of the time.
 
    >> SILVERLAKE LIFE:  THE VIEW FROM HERE.  Airs 7/13/96 , Friday-
       Saturday, 4:30 AM , The Sundance Channel.  The devastating
       progression of AIDS is followed via a gay couple's video record
       of their battle with the disease.
 
    >> YOUR HEALTH.  Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 5:30 AM , CNN Cable.
       International Conference on AIDS and an update on treatments.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 10:00 AM , MTV Cable.
       The fifth season begins with seven new roommates living in Miami
       Florida.  In the first episode, the seven make plans to start a
       business in South Beach and learn that Dan is gay!  YES there is
       gay content!!
 
    >> THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE.  Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 10:30 AM , HBO.
       The 70s sitcom family is brought into the 90s, and Marsha gets a
       lesbian girlfriend.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN 2:  ON THE MOVE.  Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 12:00 PM ,
       HBO Network.  Meshach Taylor plays the flaming queen character of
       'Hollywood' in this tale of a department store mannequin that
       comes to life.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN.  Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 2:00 PM , Comedy Central.  A
       sculptor (Andrew McCarthy) and a department store mannequin (Kim
       Cattrall) that comes to life.  Meshach Tallor has a small part as
       a flaming queen.  This is the first movie from 1987.  Mannequin 2
       is the sequel.
 
    >> YOUR HEALTH.  Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 2:00 PM , CNN Cable.
       International Conference on AIDS and an update on treatments.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 10:00 PM , MTV Cable.
       The fifth season begins with seven new roommates living in Miami
       Florida.  In the first episode, the seven make plans to start a
       business in South Beach and learn that Dan is gay!  YES there is
       gay content!!
 
    >> POINT OF VIEW.  Airs 7/13/96 , Saturday, 11:30 PM local time, San
       Francisco channel KCSM.  Highly OFFENSIVE!  About a church that
       offers homeless HIV-positive transvestites a place to live in
       exchange for them giving thier lives to God and changing back to
       hetrosexual.  Check your PBS listings.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN.  Airs 7/14/96 , Saturday-Sunday, 12:00 AM , Comedy
       Central.  A sculptor (Andrew McCarthy) and a department store
       mannequin (Kim Cattrall) that comes to life.  Meshach Tallor has
       a small part as a flaming queen.
 
    >> HIGHER LEARNING.  Airs 7/14/96 , Saturday-Sunday, 2:35 AM , HBO
       Network.  "Racial and sexual tensions fragmenting the freshman
       class of a fictional college.  Starring Omar Epps, Kristy Swanson
       and Michael Rapaport."  --TV Guide.  "Reportedly this movie has a
       lebian character."  --Carol M.
 
    >> SOCIOLOGICAL IMAGINATION:  INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY.  Airs 7/14/96 ,
       Sunday, 10:30 AM , ME/U Cable.  "Nuclear, single-parent, and
       homosexual families."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN 2:  ON THE MOVE.  Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 10:45 AM ,
       Prism Cable.  Meshach Taylor plays the flaming queen character of
       'Hollywood' in this tale of a department store mannequin that
       comes to life.
 
    >> THE COMMISH.  Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 11:00 AM , Lifetime Cable.
       "Tony orders an officer to join a group of gay-bashers after a
       homosexual cop is beaten."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 11:00 AM , MTV Cable.
       The fifth season begins with seven new roommates living in Miami
       Florida.  In the first episode, the seven make plans to start a
       business in South Beach and learn that Dan is gay!  YES there is
       gay content!!
 
    >> TONY BROWN'S JOURNAL.  Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 11:00 AM local
       time, San Francisco channel KRCB.  "Virologist Dr.  Peter
       Duesberg discusses the HIV virus."  --TMS-TV.  Check your PBS
       listings.
 
    >> JUST LIKE A WOMAN.  Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 1:45 PM , MAX-2.  A
       cross-dressing executive loses his marriage and job, but finds
       love with an adventurous divorcee.
 
    >> MARGARET CHO.  Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 3:30 PM , Comedy Central.
       Comic Margaret Cho's standup performance includes recollections
       of growing up in an adult bookstore in a gay San Fransisco
       neighborhood.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN 2:  ON THE MOVE.  Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 5:15 PM ,
       Prism Cable.  Meshach Taylor plays the flaming queen character of
       'Hollywood' in this tale of a department store mannequin that
       comes to life.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. Airs 7/14/96 , Sunday, 7:00 PM , MTV Cable.
       The fifth season begins with seven new roommates living in Miami
       Florida.  In the first episode, the seven make plans to start a
       business in South Beach and learn that Dan is gay!  YES there is
       gay content!!
 
    >> POINT OF VIEW.  Airs 7/15/96 , Sunday-Monday, 12:00 AM , New York
       City WNET channel 13.  Highly OFFENSIVE!  About a church that
       offers homeless HIV-positive transvestites a place to live in
       exchange for them giving thier lives to God and changing back to
       hetrosexual.  Check your PBS listings.
 
    >> REAL SEX . Airs 7/15/96 , Sunday-Monday, 1:55 AM , HBO cable.
       "Lesbian erotica."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> YOUR HEALTH.  Airs 7/15/96 , Sunday-Monday, 3:30 AM , CNN Cable.
       International Conference on AIDS and an update on treatments.
 
    >> POINT OF VIEW.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 5:00 AM local time, San
       Francisco channel KVIE.  Highly OFFENSIVE!  About a church that
       offers homeless HIV-positive transvestites a place to live in
       exchange for them giving thier lives to God and changing back to
       hetrosexual.  Check your PBS listings.
 
    >> THE FALL GUY.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 10:00 AM , The F/X Cable
       Channel.  "Howie acquires a new wardrobe when he aids a man
       (Scott Baio) trying to elude a professional killer by working as
       a female impersonator."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> JERRY SPRINGER.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 11:00 AM , Philadelphia
       WGBS channel 57.  "Bisexual women."  --TMS-TV.  Likely to be a
       repeat of last Friday's show.  Check your local listings.
 
    >> FAMILY VIDEO DIARIES.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 12:00 PM , HBO-2
       Cable.  "A woman dying of AIDS records a farewell to her
       daughter."  --TV Guide.
 
    >> RICKI LAKE.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 12:00 PM , New York City WWOR
       channel 9. "Homosexuals confront disapproving families."
       --TMS-TV.  Not sure which channel, WWOR local or WWOR the
       national Cable.
 
    >> OPRAH WINFREY.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 4:00 PM , Philadelphia
       WPVI channel 6. "Dennis Rodman of the Chicago Bulls."  --TV
       Guide.  Rodman discusses cross-dressing and (I think) being
       Bisexual.  Airs in most areas Monday, check your local listings.
 
    >> TONY BROWN'S JOURNAL.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, 11:00 PM local
       time, San Francisco channel KRCB.  "Virologist Dr.  Peter
       Duesberg discusses the HIV virus."  --TMS-TV.  Check your PBS
       listings.
 
    >> DONAHUE.  Airs 7/15/96 , Monday, "AIDS instruction in schools."
       --US Today Web Site.  Airs Monday in most areas, check your local
       listings.
 
    >> MYRA BRECKENRIDGE.  Airs 7/16/96 , Monday-Tuesday, 12:25 AM , The
       Movie Channel.  Gore Vidal's transsexual heroine goes Hollywood
       to retrieve an inheritance from a crooked former movie star.
       1970 Comedy 'R' Raquel Welch, Mae West.
 
    >> LIVING WITH HEALTH.  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 6:00 AM local time,
       Los Angeles channel KOCE.  "AIDS and venereal diseases."
       --TMS-TV.  Check your local PBS listings.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN 2:  ON THE MOVE.  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 10:00 AM ,
       HBO Network.  Meshach Taylor plays the flaming queen character of
       'Hollywood' in this tale of a department store mannequin that
       comes to life.
 
    >> MR.  BELVEDERE.  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 3:00 PM local time, San
       Francisco channel KFTY.  "Wesley's classmate has AIDS."  TMS-TV.
       Check your local listings.
 
    >> ZORRO, THE GAY BLADE.  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 4:15 PM ,
       Showtime.  George Hamilton as the swordsman's twin sons, one
       straight, one gay, who take over after their father's death.
       Picture Zorro in a lavender tasseled hat!  Lots of stereotypical
       moments, but great fun anyway!  -- Carol M.
 
    >> VEGA$.  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 5:00 PM , The F/X Cable Channel.
       "A female impersonator (Jim Bailey) and his manager hire Dan to
       investigate death threats."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> BOYS ON THE SIDE.  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 7:00 PM , MAX-2.
       Whoopi Goldberg stars in this story of three women on a
       cross-country trip.
 
    >> READY TO WEAR (PRET-A-PORTER).  Airs 7/16/96 , Tuesday, 10:30 PM
       , STARZ.  A cross-dressing clothes-buyer and a gay designer who's
       having an affair with a woman are among the characters in this
       funny satire of the fashion industry.
 
    >> JUST LIKE A WOMAN.  Airs 7/17/96 , Tuesday-Wednesday, 5:05 AM ,
       Cinemax.  A cross-dressing executive loses his marriage and job,
       but finds love with an adventurous divorcee.
 
    >> TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME, JUNIE MOON.  Airs 7/17/96 , Wednesday,
       7:00 AM , Cinemax.  A disfigured woman, an epileptic and a
       physically challenged gay share an apartment.  1970 Drama 'PG'
       Liza Minelli, Ken Howard.
 
    >> FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  Airs 7/17/96 , Wednesday, 7:30 AM ,
       The Sundance Channel.  Features a very positive portrayal of a
       gay couple.
 
    >> FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  Airs 7/17/96 , Wednesday, 7:00 PM ,
       The Sundance Channel.  Features a very positive portrayal of a
       gay couple.
 
    >> THE REAL WORLD 5. Airs 7/17/96 , Wednesday, 10:00 PM , MTV Cable.
       Second episode tonight with the Miami roommates.  Dan is gay!
       Likely to have gay content.  The Real World #5 airs a new episode
       every Wednesday night.
 
    >> WIGSTOCK.  Airs 7/17/96 , Wednesday, 11:00 PM , Cinemax.
       Colorful performances highlight an annual drag festival.  1995
       Documentary 'R'
 
    >> REAL SEX . Airs 7/18/96 , Wednesday-Thursday, 2:05 AM , HBO
       cable.  "Lesbian erotica."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL.  Airs 7/18/96 , Wednesday-Thursday,
       2:30 AM , The Sundance Channel.  Features a very positive
       portrayal of a gay couple.
 
    >> DEALING WITH DIVERSITY.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 9:00 AM , ME/U
       Cable.  "Examination of homosexuality in the United States.  Part
       1 of 2."  TMS-TV.
 
    >> MAURY POVICH.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 9:00 AM , Philadelphia
       KYW channel 3. "Scheduled topic:  Transvestites."  --TMS-TV.
       Airs on Thursday in most areas, check you local listings!
 
    >> MONTEL WILLIAMS.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 11:00 AM , New York
       City WNYW channel 5. People who have transmitted the HIV verues
       to more people.  May air in other cities, check your local
       listings.
 
    >> LIVING WITH HEALTH.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 12:30 PM local
       time, Los Angeles channel KVCR.  "AIDS and venereal diseases."
       --TMS-TV.  Check your local PBS listings.
 
    >> AND THE BAND PLAYED ON.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 1:00 PM , HBO.
       Based on Randy Shilts' book about the early days f the AIDS
       epidemic.
 
    >> SOCIOLOGICAL IMAGINATION:  INTRO TO SOCIOLOGY.  Airs 7/18/96 ,
       Thursday, 1:00 PM local time, San Francisco channel KCSM.
       "Nuclear, single-parent, and homosexual families."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> MAURY POVICH.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 3:00 PM , New York City
       WNBC channel 4. "Scheduled topic:  Transvestites."  --TMS-TV.
       Airs on Thursday in most areas, check you local listings!
 
    >> MANNEQUIN 2:  ON THE MOVE.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 8:00 PM ,
       HBO-3 Cable.  Meshach Taylor plays the flaming queen character of
       'Hollywood' in this tale of a department store mannequin that
       comes to life.
 
    >> THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 8:00 PM , HBO.
       The 70s sitcom family is brought into the 90s, and Marsha gets a
       lesbian girfriend.
 
    >> PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 9:00 PM
       , FLIX.  "Oscar-winning costumes highlight this story of three
       Australian drag queens crossing the outback in a lavender bus
       named Priscilla.  Terence Stamp and Hugo Weaving star."  --Robert
       L
 
    >> THE WEDDING BANQUET.  Airs 7/18/96 , Thursday, 10:00 PM , STARZ,
       A gay Chinese man living with His lover in New York arranges a
       marriage of convenience to placate his parents.
 
    >> BACKBEAT.  Airs 7/19/96 , Thursday-Friday, 3:10 AM , Showtime
       Cable.  The relationship of John Lennon, original Beatles bass
       player Stu Sutcliffe, and photographer Astrid Kirchherr in the
       band's early days in Hamburg.  1994 Drama 'R'
 
    >> SUMMER WISHES, WINTER DREAMS.  Airs 7/19/96 , Friday, 8:00 AM ,
       STARZ.  "A Manhattan couple with a gay son and an empty life go
       to France after the wife's mother dies."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> PARTING GLANCES.  Airs 7/19/96 , Friday, 10:00 AM , The Sundance
       Channel.  A gay New Yorker has to come to terms with separating
       from his lover and friends as he prepares to move to Africa.
 
    >> SUMMER WISHES, WINTER DREAMS.  Airs 7/19/96 , Friday, 3:15 PM ,
       STARZ.  "A Manhattan couple with a gay son and an empty life go
       to France after the wife's mother dies."  --TMS-TV.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN.  Airs 7/19/96 , Friday, 9:00 PM , Comedy Central.  A
       sculptor (Andrew McCarthy) and a department store mannequin (Kim
       Cattrall) that comes to life.  Meshach Tallor has a small part as
       a flaming queen.
 
    >> PARTING GLANCES.  Airs 7/19/96 , Friday, 11:30 PM , The Sundance
       Channel.  A gay New Yorker has to come to terms with separating
       from his lover and friends as he prepares to move to Africa.
 
    >> MANNEQUIN.  Airs 7/20/96 , Friday-Saturday, 1:00 AM , Comedy
       Central.  A sculptor (Andrew McCarthy) and a department store
       mannequin (Kim Cattrall) that comes to life.  Meshach Tallor has
       a small part as a flaming queen.
 
As always, Thanks to Robert L for his help!
 
Cross Connection (On-Line Service) has an automated LISTSERV Email Mailing
List!  Readers can now have Gay TV delivered right to their Email box.  No
more searching the internet to see when and where its posted.
 
To subscribe just send an Email to [email-masked] with the words
"SUBSCRIBE GAY-TV" as the first line of text in the body of the message,
not in the Title/Subject field!  You can leave Title/Subject blank.
MAILTO:[email-masked]
 
Until next time, snuggle up to your TV set and keep the couch warm for me!
 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The listserv for distribution of the Gay TV Weekly Listings is provided
by CROSS CONNECTION, providing Internet, Usenet, and TGNet access to the
transgender community worldwide.  Cross Connection also maintains
archives of fantasy stories, JPGs, and resource listings, and live chat.
Use your modem and call (818) 786-8887 [786-TVTS] ... all 9 lines at
14.4k v.32bis ... or send e-mail to [email-masked] with the subject
REQUEST XCINFO.TXT for information.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   Michael F Biocco          ____     MAILTO:[email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   PO Box 270                \  /          MAILTO:[email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   Clementon, NJ 08021        \/           MAILTO:[email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   Fax 609-566-1404         http://www.jersey.net/~not2/gaytv.htm   -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=