Subject: Special Gay TV 4/6 & 4/7 from Michael B.
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 16:50:41 -0500

Hi, folks!

Michael Biocco, of Delphi's Gay Forum, who has been reformatting my lists and
reposting them to multiple newsgroups for several years, has decided to try
his hand and creating weekly gay tv lists.  I'm forwarding his first one
below.

THANKS TO MICHAEL FOR GIVING THIS A TRY.       Warmly, Carol Mortimer, NJ

Subj:	=-= Gay TV: 4/6-4/12 =-=
Date:	96-04-06 05:18:58 EST
From:	[email-masked] (Michael, The Manager Of DELPHI's Gay Forum)
To:	[email-masked]

                                                                           .
                -----------------------------------------------
                 GAY TV    GAY TV    GAY TV    GAY TV    GAY TV
                -----------------------------------------------
                                                                           .
                          COMPILED BY MICHAEL F BIOCCO
                                                                           .
Hello friends!  This is a list of Television shows for Saturday and Sunday,
April 6 & 7.  All shows are Eastern Time unless otherwise noted.  Based on
TV listings for the Phila/NJ/NYC area.  The list covers Gay, Lesbian, Bi,
Transgendered, Gay/straight AIDS themes, and other sexual minorities.
                                                                           .
CAROL MORTIMER did NOT compile this list.  I did.  Sorry to say she retired
last week.  We will miss her work!
                                                                           .
Bare with me folks, this is the first time I have done this from scratch.
So that I can get this out on time, I'm giving you Saturday and Sunday only
at this point.  I should have the rest of the week out by Sunday evening.
Boy-o-boy this takes a long time.  I only got through reading Saturday and
Sunday portions of three TV Guides.
                                                                           .
I used some of Carol's descriptions and they are clearly marked with
~~Quotes~~ ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
                                                                           .
      >> THE CELLULOID CLOSET.  Just released this weekend to movie
         theaters, check with you local independent theater that 'would'
         carry gay titles!  "A fascinating and fun compendium of clips and
         all-star interviews about the portrayal of gays and lesbians in
         film.  Not nearly as militant as Vito Russo's book on which it's
         based.  This documentary is none the less a MUST SEE for the gay
         community as well for the straights who goes to the movies!"
         Says The Courier-Post.  They rated it with 5 stars meaning
         EXCELLENT!  This movie aired one-time-only on HBO last month.
                                                                           .
R V   >> TO WONG FOO, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, JULIE NEWMAR.  Airing on
         Pay-Per-View in April, so check your DSS or Cable System guide.
         Also available at video rental stores.  The story about three
         drag queens who travel cross country.  When their Cadillac
         convertible conks out in a Midwestern town, these three "girls"
         work a little magic, spread a little love, and revitalize the
         town.  Starring Patrick Swayze, Wesley Snipes, and John
         Leguizamo.  Despite what some critics say, I think this ranks up
         there with the other all-time great gay movies!
                                                                           .
R V   >> MURIEL'S WEDDING.  Airing on Pay-Per-View in April, so check
         your DSS or Cable System guide.  Also available at video rental
         stores.  TV Guide says "Tale of a warm but klutzy woman who
         worships Abba and is determined to have the wedding of her
         dreams.  Toni Collette, Bill Hunter."
                                                                           .
Sat   >> BALLOT MEASURE 9.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, 5:10 am, Cinemax Cable.
$ V      TV Guide says "(1994) Chronicling the battle over a 1992 Oregon
         initiative that would have repealed state laws protecting gay
         from discrimination.  Included:  speeches by leaders of the
         group that sponsored the measure.  Directed by Heather
         MacDonald."
                                                                           .
Sat   >> IT'S PAT.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, 8:00 am, Showtime Cable.
$ V      Saturday Night Live's PAT, no one knows if it is a 'he' or 'she'.
         This movie should have some gender bending laughs.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> ZORRO THE GAY BLADE.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, Noon, Encore Cable.
$ V      ~~1981 film starring George Hamilton as the swordsman's twin
         sons, who take over for their father after his death.  One is
         straight, and the other is a flaming queen.  Picture Zorro in a
         lavender tassled hat!  Lots of stereotypical moments, but great
         fun anyway.~~ --CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> IT'S PAT.  See above.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, 6:35 pm, Showtime
$ V      Cable.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> KIDS IN THE HALL MARATHON.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, starting at
C        8:00 pm, Comedy Central.  To celebrate the release of their new
         movie BRAIN CANDY.  Thomas Scott is openly gay and their shows
         often have gay sketches.  This is not listed in the TV guide.  I
         believe they will do interviews, and sneak peaks at the new movie
         in between Kids In The Hall episodes.  A four hour marathon.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> EAGLE SCOUT:  THE STORY OF HENRY NICOLS.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96,
$        8:30 pm, HBO-2.  ~~Documentary about a teenage Eagle Scout who
         gives talks to kids about his HIV infection and his fight against
         AIDS.~~ ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, 9:00 pm, CBS.  "When
         an HIV-positive women (played by Natalie Cole) accepts the
         proposal of a man she's known since childhood, his mother (Maya
         Angelou) expresses concerns about the union."  --TV Guide.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, 9:00 pm, A&E
C        Cable.  TV Guide says "An overview of the skinhead movement."
         May contain reports on anti-gay violence.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> NIGHT STAND.  Airs Saturday, 4/6/96, 11:00 pm, on New York City
L        channel 9 (not the national cable feed).  "A transvestite's
         wedding that gives new meaning to the term bridegroom."  --TV
         Guide.  May air in other cities, check your local listings.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> NIGHT STAND.  See above.  Airs Saturday-Sunday, 4/6-7/96,
L        Midnight, on Philadelphia WTXF (Fox) channel 29.
                                                                           .
Sat   >> INVESTIGATIVE REPORTS.  Airs Saturday-Sunday, 4/6-7/96, 1:00 am,
C        A&E Cable.  Likey to be the same episode, see above.
                                                                           .
Remenber to set your clocks forward.  DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME goes into effect
on Sunday at 5:00 am on this listings.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> MAKING OF KIDS IN THE HALL - BRAIN CANDY.  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96,
$        7:00 am, HBO-2.  TV Guide says that this is "a behind- the-scenes
         look at the 1996 movie."  ~~My readers confirm that this movie
         DOES have gay content.~~ ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> WHY AM I GAY?  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 9:30 am, HBO-2.  This
$        documentary features The Flirtations in concert and Michael
         Callen.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> JUST ONE OF THE GUYS.  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, Noon, Comedy Central
C V      Cable.  ~~Well done story of a female high school teen who poses
         as a male and enrolls in another school, to research a newspaper
         article on sexism.  When she falls for a male classmate at the
         other school, most of the students think that she's a gay male.~~
         ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> BEST OF TRACEY TAKES ON...  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 3:00 pm, HBO.
$        "Characters include lesbian lovers Chris and Midge."  --TV Guide.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> MAKING OF KIDS IN THE HALL - BRAIN CANDY.  See above. Airs
$        Sunday, 4/7/96, 4:00 pm, HBO.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> THE BRADY BUNCH MOVIE.  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 8:00 pm, HBO
$ V      Network.  ~~This amusing parody of the tv sitcom brings the
         family into the 90s.  Thanks to John R. for answering the
         question of which daughter has the lesbian friend:  it's Marsha.
         As John notes, "She (the lesbian friend) also has another girl
         start coming on to her as the movie progresses."~~ ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> JUST ONE OF THE GUYS.  See above.  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 8:00 pm,
C V      Comedy Central Cable.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> GEORGE MICHAEL'S CONCERT OF HOPE.  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 9:00 pm,
$        The Disney Channel.  I think this is a concert for AIDS
         awareness.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> BOYS ON THE SIDE.  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 9:30 pm, HBO Network.
$ V      ~~Whoopi Goldberg gives a great performance as a lesbian who
         falls in love with another woman in this film.  AIDS is also a
         featured topic.  Mary Louise Parker and Drew Barrymore co-star.~~
         ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> MAKING OF KIDS IN THE HALL - BRAIN CANDY.  See above. Airs
$        Sunday, 4/7/96, 11:00 pm, HBO-2.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> BEST OF TRACEY TAKES ON...  Airs Sunday, 4/7/96, 11:30 pm, HBO.
$        "Characters include lesbian lovers Chris and Midge."  --TV Guide
                                                                           .
Sun   >> THREESOME (CC).  Airs Sunday-Monday, 4/7-8/96, 12:45 am, The
$ V      Movie Channel.  ~~Three college students in a dorm assignment
         mixup.  The woman is in love with man #1.  Man #1 is in love with
         man #2.  Man #2 is in love with the woman.~~ ---CAROL M.
                                                                           .
Sun   >> GEORGE MICHAEL'S CONCERT OF HOPE.  Airs Sunday-Monday, 4/7-8/96,
$        3:30 am, The Disney Channel.  I think this is a concert for AIDS
         awareness.
                                                                           .
                                      Left margin codes:
                                            The day of the week
                                        L = Check your Local listing
                                       LL = Locally produced, only airs
                                            in city/town indicated
                                        $ = Premium Pay Cable Network
                                        P = Check your Local PBS station
                                        C = Nationally, on basic cable
                                        R = Pay-per-view
                                        V = Check Video Sales/Rental Store
                                        S = Satellite, Direct TV
                                                                           .
  Snuggle up to your TV set and keep the couch warm for
  me!  <smile and a hug>
                                                                           .
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   Michael F Biocco          ____              [email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   PO Box 270                \  /                 [email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   Clementon, NJ 08021        \/                  [email-masked]   -=-=
-=-=   Fax 609-566-1404                                                 -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   The Host And  Manager Of Delphi's Very First Gay Custom  Forum   -=-=
-=-=          Delphi is expected to Go-Out-Of-Business soon :(          -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   Now using:  Pentinum 133Hz, 16M RAM, Windows95,  28.8 Modem,     -=-=
-=-=   Netscape, 1.5 Gig HD. I'm up to date & the Internet looks Fab!   -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                                                                           .
Using HCOM v.3 For Delphi!
                                                                           .