From: "Thomas W. Holt Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 07:38:44 EST

------- Forwarded Message Follows -------

Date sent:      Sat, 28 May 1994 13:29:48 -0400
Send reply to:  "Michael, The Manager Of DELPHI's Gay Forum" <[email-masked]>
From:           "Michael, The Manager Of DELPHI's Gay Forum" <[email-masked]>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=                   "GAY TV LISTINGS OF THE WEEK"                                   -=-=
-=-=                  Weekly Column By Carol Mortimer                                           -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   With Permission, Edited And Re-distributed By [email-masked]         -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hi, folks!  This is a list of tv shows with gay, lesbian, other sexual
minority, and gay/straight AIDS themes, for the tv week from Saturday,
5/28/94 though Friday, 6/03/94.  Based on TV listings for the Phila/NJ
area.

P   >> IN THE LIFE.  Lesbian/gay variety & entertainment series.  Check
       with your local PBS, but airings include:
         - Phila., PA:  Will air on some June Saturday at 5:30 pm
           on Phila. PA WYBE ch. 35, but I don't know which one.
         - Flint, MI:  5/29/94, midnight, WFUM ch. 28
         - New York City, NY: Mon. 5/30/94, 10:30 pm, WNET ch. 13
           (NOT 10:30 am, as previously reported)
         - Pittsburgh, PA:  Sat. 6/4/94, 11:30 pm, WQEX ch. 6
             Note: Beware - this is pledge week on many PBS stations!

Sat >> CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC.  Airs Sat-Sun, 5/28-29/94, 2:30 am, on Phila
L      PA WPHL ch  17.  TV Guide describes this 1980 films as:  "An
       account of how the disco group the Village People was formed."
       Unknown how much gay content will be included.

Mon >> ROOMMATES (CC).  Airs Mon 5/30/94, 9:00 pm, NBC.  TV Guide gives
       this new made-for-tv movie three stars, & says:  "An odd-couple
       story about the friendship between two men - one gay and one
       straight.  Jim Flynn (Randy Quaid) isan abrasive ex-con; Bill
       Thomas (Eric Stoltz) is an upper-class Harvard grad.  Both men have
       AIDS and are brought together to share an apartment by a hospice
       administrator (Elizabeth Pena).  At first, the roommates clash over
       the living arrangements, but as their conditions deteriorate, the
       pair put aside differences and form a compassionate friendship."

Mon >> BEST FRIENDS.  Airs Mon-Tues, 5/30-31/94, midnight, on Philadelphia
L      PA WPHL ch 17.  I've never seen this 1975 movie, which is described
       as "Repressed homosexuality ruins a vacation for two young
       couples."

Tue >> (+) HEALTH.  Airs every Tuesday, 8:00 pm, on Phila PA WYBE ch 35.
P      Local weekly show on HIV & related issues.

Tue >> BASIC INSTINCT (CC).  Airs Tues 5/31/94, 9:00 pm, Showtime.
$      Homophobic murder thriller with several lesbian and bisexual female
       characters - every one of whom is either a murderer or a mass
       murderer.

Wed >> UNPLUGGED:  TONY BENNETT.  Airs Wed 6/1/94, 10:00 pm, MTV.  Tony
C      Bennett performs a bunch of songs, including several duets with
       lesbian singer k.d.lang.

Wed >> POLITICALLY INCORRECT.  Airs Wed 6/1/94, 11:30 pm, Comedy Central.
C      Guests include US Representative Barney Frank (D.-Mass.), an openly
       gay member of Congress.

Fri >> GERALDO:  LESBIANISM AND PUBLIC LIFE.  Airs Fri 6/3/94, 9:00 am,
L      Phila PA KYW ch 3.

Fri >> GERALDO:  LESBIANISM AND PUBLIC LIFE.  Airs Fri 6/3/94, 4:00 pm,
L      NYC, NY WCBS ch 2.

Fri >> GO TOWARD THE LIGHT.  Airs Fri 6/3/94, 9:00 pm, Encore cable.  1988
       tv movie about a couple who have to help prepare their 8 year old
       AIDS-infected son for death.  Stars Linda Hamilton and Richard
       Thomas.

Fri >> THE KRAYS.  Airs Fri-Sat., 6/3-4/94, 12:05 am, on Phila PA WPVI ch
L      6. Extremely violent but fact-based movie about identical twin
       brothers who ran a crime syndicate in 1960s England.  One of them
       was gay.

Fri >> BASIC INSTINCT (CC).  See above.  Airs Fri-Sat., 6/3-4/94, 12:40
$      am, The Movie Channel.

NOTE:  I am appending a 2rd tv list this week.  This note lists shows
that are airing on Philadelphia PA PBS stations WHYY ch 12 and WYBE ch 35
for June's Gay Pride Month.  Many of these shows will also air in other
areas on other PBS stations, so check your local listings for the titles
shown in this additional list.  Just remember to allow for pledge breaks,
which many PBS stations have in June.
                                                "This additional list
                                                 covers the entire month of
                                                 June, so watch the dates
                                                 more carefully."  --- NOT2

Tue >> SILENCE...BROKEN.  Airs Tues 6/7/94, on Phila WYBE ch 35.  This is
P      part of a 9:00 pm "Through the Lens 4" series of short films, and
       will begin at approximately 9:10 pm, after another short called
       "Mother's Hands".  "Silence...Broken" is an 8-minute 1993 film by
       African-American lesbian Aisha Shahidah Simmons, on the topics of
       racism, sexism and homophobia.  Features the poetry of Jourdan
       Keith.

Thu >> GAY RIGHTS IN COLORADO:  THE UNCIVIL WAR.  Airs Thurs  6/9/94,
P      9:00 pm, on Phila WYBE ch  35.

Fri >> IN THE LIFE:  STONEWALL 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL.  Airs Fri
P      6/10/94, 7:30 pm, Phila WYBE ch 35.

Fri >> GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE.  Airs Fri 6/10/94, 8:00 pm, Phila ch 35.
P      Ellen Spiro, AIDS activist and filmmaker, traveled through the
       South for a year, capturing on film the "richness, vitality and
       courage of out gay southerners."

Sat >> GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE.  See Above.  Airs Sat 6/11/94, 7:00 pm,
P      WYBE ch 35.

Tue >> P.O.V.:  "ONE NATION UNDER GOD".  Airs Tues 6/14/94, 9:00 pm, on
P      Phila WHYY ch 12.  WHYY describes this show as "Takes a look at the
       variety of proposed 'cures' for homosexuality.  Viewer discretion
       advised."

Tue >> GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE.  See Above.  Airs Tues 6/14/94, 11:30 pm,
P      Phila PBS ch 12.

Mon >> SWELLEGANT ELEGANCE:  THE MUSIC OF COLE PORTER.  Airs Mon 6/20/94,
P      10:30 pm, WHYY ch 12.  "A tribute to composer Cole Porter, with the
       theatrical Seattle Men's Chorus, Harvey Fierstein, and jazz artist
       Diane Shuur, featuring Anything Goes, Night and Day, and I've Got
       You Under My Skin."  - WHYY program guide

Wed >> BEFORE STONEWALL.  Airs Wed 6/22/94, 9:00 pm, WHYY ch 12.
P      Chronicles New York City's Stonewall Inn riots of June, 1969, which
       kicked off the modern gay rights movement in the US.

Wed >> A.K.A.  JUDY GARLAND PARK.  Airs Wed 6/22/94, 10:30 pm, WHYY ch 12.
P      About the reactions of local residents to gay events in the area of
       this Philadelphia PA park.

Wed >> IN THE LIFE:  Unknown episode.  Airs Wed.  6/22/94, 11:30 pm, Phila
P      WHYY ch 12.

Mon >> IN THE LIFE:  STONEWALL 25TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL.  Airs Mon.
P      6/27/94, 11:00 pm, on Phila WHYY ch 12.

HAPPY GAY PRIDE MONTH, EVERYBODY!

                                      Warmly, Carol Mortimer, NJ

                                      Prodigy ID = npwc08a
                                      America OnLine ID = caroLm10
                                      Internet ID = [email-masked]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FROM: Michael ([email-masked])

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!!

                                      Left margin codes:
                                            The day of the week
                                        L = Check your Local listing
                                        $ = Premium Pay Cable Network
                                        P = Check your Local PBS station
                                        C = Nationaly, on basic cable
                                        R = Pay-per-view or Video Rental

I would like to add two weekly radio shows to the list:

    >> AMAZON COUNTRY.  Radio show airing every Sunday night at 8:00 pm on
       WXPN 88.9 FM in Philadelphi from University of Penn.  Lesbian news,
       music, and interviews.

    >> GAY DREAMS.  Radio show airing every Sunday night at 9:00 pm on
       WXPN 88.9 FM in Philadelphi from University of Penn.  For gay men
       and lesbians, mostly interviews and news with some music.

And don't forget June Gay Pride Events all next month. Here's
a quick run down of happenings in the Phila/NJ/NYC area!

    >> NEW JERSEY PRIDE WEEKEND:  June 4 & 5. New Jersey's Third Annual
       Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Pride Parade, Rally, and Festival in
       Asbury Park, NJ.  Parade steps off at noon.  Rally & Festival in
       Bradley Park.  Festival and pre-rally festivities begin at noon.
       For information call (908) NJ1-PRIDE.  I will be there!!!  Look for
       me and say hi.  If the weather is warm (and dry), I will be wearing
       an outragous pink Betty Boop or Minnie Mouse nightshirt and tight
       black biker shorts.

    >> PHILADELPHIA PRIDE WEEKEND:  June 11 & 12.  Parade & Festival
       starting at 12:00 noon Sunday, Rittenhouse Square/Penn's Landing.
       Again I should be there.  Look for me.  I'll be wearing the same
       outfit.

    >> WASHINGTON DC PRIDE WEEKEND: June 18 & 19.

    >> GAY GAMES IV:  Starts June 18.

    >> *** STONEWALL 25 *** June 26.  New York City's annual parade, only
       this time the crowd will be just a little bit bigger for some
       strange reason.  Hehehehe!  You wanta know how much pride I have?
       I QUIT MY JOB JUST TO GO!!  THAT'S HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO ME!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=                 Signed: Michael ([email-masked])                                            -=-=
-=-=   The Host And Manager Of Delphi's Very First Gay Custom Forum.           -=-=
-=-=                 "IN FULL VIEW - Custom Forum #22"                                      -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=