-=-=                   "GAY TV LISTINGS OF THE WEEK"                    -=-=
-=-=                  Weekly Column By Carol Mortimer                   -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=   With Permission, Edited And Re-distributed By [email-masked]    -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hi, folks!  This is a list of tv shows with gay, lesbian, other sexual
minority, and gay/straight AIDS themes, for the tv week from Saturday,
5/07/94 though Friday, 5/13/94.  Based on TV listings for the Phila/NJ
area.

P   >> IN THE LIFE.  Lesbian/gay variety & entertainment series.  Check
       with your local PBS, but airings include:
         - Pittsburgh,PA: Sat. 5/7/94, 11:30 pm, WQEX ch. 16, #306
         - Springfield/Northampton, MA: Sat. 5/7/94, 11:07 pm, WGBY
           ch. 57
         - North Dakota: Sun. 5/8/94, 11:00 pm, on: Fargo KFME ch.
           13, Grand Forks KGFE ch. 2, Bismarck KBME ch. 3, Minot
           KSRE ch. 6, Dickinson KDSE ch. 9, & Williston KWSE ch. 4
         - Allentown, PA: 5/10/94, 12:30 am, WLVT ch. 39
         - Milwaukee, WI: 5/12/94, 12:30 am, WMVS ch. 10
         - Philadelphia, PA: Fri. 5/13/94, 7:30 pm, WYBE ch. 35
         - Eureka, CA: Sat. 5/14/94, 11:30 pm, KEET ch. 13
         - Seattle, WA: 5/14/94, midnight, KCTS ch. 9

Sat >> SISTERS (CC).  Airs Sat 5/7/94, 10:00 pm, NBC.  TV Guide says:
       "Teddy and Cat spot Trevor (Ryan Francis) and Alex (Swoosie Kurtz)
       arranges to have Norma's parents come to town, not knowing that
       Norma (Nora Dunn) has told them she's married in order to conceal
       her homosexuality."

Sat >> THE KATHY & MO SHOW.  Airs Sat 5/7/94, 11:00 pm, Lifetime cable.
C      Stand up comedy by Kathy ("Sister Act") Najimy and Mo Gaffney.
       Contains a fair amount of lesbian-positive humor, and is
       hysterically funny at times.  Recommended.

Mon >> PROTOCOL (CC).  Airs Mon 5/9/94, noon, HBO.  Goldie Hawn comedy in
$      which she plays a waitress who becomes a diplomatic envoy.  Her
       housemates & best friends are a gay male couple, who are portrayed
       positively.

Mon >> BASIC INSTINCT (CC).  Airs Mon 5/9/94, 11:00 pm, Showtime.
$      Extremely homophobic murder thriller that contains several lesbian
       and bisexual female characters - and every one of them is a
       murderer or a serial murderer.

Mon >> JENNY JONES:  LOVE TRIANGLES.  Exact nature unknown.  Airs Monday
L      in many areas, including Mon-Tues, 5/9-10/94, 12:30 am on
       Philadelphia PA's WGBS ch  57.

Wed >> BROADCAST TAPES OF DR. PETER (CC).  Airs Wed 5/11/94, 6:20 AM (NOT
$      pm!), HBO.  Oscar-nominated documentary film.  Excerpts from a
       Canadian physician's reports about his deteriorating health, as he
       was getting sicker from AIDS.

Wed >> MYSTERY:  PRIME SUSPECT 3 - PART 3 (CC).  Airs Wed 5/11/94, 11:00
P      pm, PBS WHYY ch 12.  Prime Suspect #3 is a 4-part PBS import that
       once again stars Helen Mirren as (straight) British Detective Chief
       Inspector Jane Tennison.  This time out, she's investigating the
       murder of a gay male teen "rent boy".  I haven't seen this, but one
       reader who caught an advance feed of it wrote me, and said that
       there were some pretty homophobic elements.  Check your local PBS
       listings.

Wed >> SOAPDISH.  Airs in Phila on Wed-Thurs., 5/11-12/94, midnight, on
L      WPHL ch 17.  Comedic send-up of tv soap operas.  One of the many
       villains is transgendered.

Wed >> THREE OF HEARTS (CC).  Wed-Thurs., 5/11-12/94, 1:15 am, Showtime.
$      Strange movie about a lesbian (Kelly Lynch) who hires a male escort
       (William Baldwin) to romance and then drop her female bisexual
       ex-lover (Sherilyn Fenn), in the hopes that the ex will give up on
       men and return to her.

Thu >> IN LIVING COLOR (CC).  Airs Thurs 5/12/94, 9:00 pm, most Fox
       stations.  (Time may vary in some areas; check listings.)  TV Guide
       says:  "Scheduled:  An 'All in the Family' parody in which Archie
       (Marc Wilmore) fixes up Gloria (Anne-Marie Johnson) with his
       co-worker (Jamie Foxx), unaware that the man is gay."

Thu >> MYSTERY:  PRIME SUSPECT 3 - PART 4 (CC).  See above.  Airs Thurs
P      5/12/94, 9:00 pm, WHYY ch 12.

Thu >> CONAN O'BRIEN (CC).  Airs Thurs-Fri, 5/12-13/94, 12:35 am, NBC.
       Guests include The Indigo Girls.

Fri >> SOAP MARATHON.  Begins Fri 5/13/94, 7:30 pm, Comedy Central (with
C      an interruption at 4 am for 3 hours).  52 hour, 30 minute marathon
       of all 93 episodes from the series.  Although I'm not a big fan of
       this show, Billy Crystal's character was one of the earliest prime
       time characters to be shown coping with sexuality.

Fri >> DAVID LETTERMAN (CC).  Airs Fri 5/13/94, 11:35 pm, CBS.  Guests
       include HIV-positive athelete Magic Johnson.

That's it for this week's tv shows!  Happy viewing!

                                      Warmly, Carol Mortimer, NJ

                                      Prodigy ID = npwc08a
                                      America OnLine ID = caroLm10
                                      Internet ID = [email-masked]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FROM: Michael ([email-masked])

  Hello! Be cool, Print this out!

                                      Left margin codes:
                                            The day of the week
                                        L = Check your Local listing
                                        $ = Premium Pay Cable Network
                                        P = Check your Local PBS station
                                        C = Nationaly, on basic cable
                                        R = Pay-per-view or Video Rental

  In responce to many Emails, I don't send Gay TV out via an
  Email MAILING LIST.  Here's a list of all the places Gay TV can be
  read from me.

  ON DELPHI:  Custom Forums 22, 116, and 118.  Close Encounter SIG, TV
  Entertainment SIG, MENSNET SIG, and C.A.I.N.  SIG.

  ON USENET:  soc.motss, ba.motss, ne.motss, alt.sex.motss,
  alt.homosexual, alt.sex.homosexual, soc.bi, and alt.transgendered.

  LISTSERV MAILING LISTS:  GayNet Digest, NJ-MOTSS, and GLB-News.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-=-=                 Signed: Michael ([email-masked])                  -=-=
-=-=   The Host And Manager Of Delphi's Very First Gay Custom Forum.    -=-=
-=-=                 "IN FULL VIEW - Custom Forum #22"                  -=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 Using * D-LITE v2.B3 * The offline mail reader for Delphi.