Subject: Fwd: NC8958: A&E producers need assistance
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:59:09 EST

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Fwd: NC8958: A&E producers need assistance
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 09:41:17 EST

From: [email-masked]
Subject: Fwd: NC8958: A&E producers need assistance
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 08:51:22 EST

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:42:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Rex Wockner <[email-masked]>
Subject: NC8958: A&E producers need assistance 

Editors:

Received today from my buddy Katherine Linton.
Perhaps you can help her out.

Rex

*****

Katherine Linton, (former senior producer and current host of In the
Life, PBS' national newsmagazine on gay and lesbian issues,) and Kate
Davis, (award winning producer, who's most recent documentary
"Transgender Revolution" aired on A&E and was nominated for a GlAAD
award,) are co-producing an hour documentary on anti-gay violence.  The
program will air as part of A&E's "Investigative Reports" series.

This film will take a serious look into the rise of hate crimes against
gay people nationwide, a trend which we believe is little known or
understood by the general public.  We are now in the fortunate position
of exploring this issue in depth for a mainstream audience on primetime
television.

We will look at many cases of anti-gay violence around the country
including a focus on schools and the military.  Currently, we have many
stories on violence against gay men, yet after two weeks of solid
inquiry and pursuit, have been unable to locate a single incident
against lesbians, that occurred within the last two years, in which the
women are willing to speak on camera, (or a case where a family member,
lover or friend will speak for them if they are unable.)

If anyone who recieves this email knows of a case or was involved in an
anti-lesbian attack and is willing to speak with us on camera, please
contact me via email at [email-masked].

Thank you for the time with this request.

Sincerely,
Katherine Linton