Subject: ACTION ALERT: Saturday Night Live
From: James Yorton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:08:08 -0600 (CST)

[ submitted by TheCallan <[email-masked]> ]

On Saturday Night Live, February 24, 1996,  Norm MacDonald, as the last
item on "Weekend Update" reported on the sentencing of John Lotter, the
killer of Brandon Teena and two other people.  With a one paragraph clip
about the sentencing from USA Today behind him.  MacDonald's joke went:

"In Nebraska this week, a man was sentenced to death for attempting to
kill a female crossdresser who accused him of raping her.  Sorry if this
sounds harsh, but in my opinion, everybody in this case deserved to die."

If you want to comment to NBC on your feelings about this joke, the
addresses are

Warren Littlefield, President, NBC
-- 3000 West Alameda Avenue, Burbank, California 91523
-- [email-masked] or [email-masked]

---
_____________________________________________________________________________

* ACTION-ALERT is a moderated mailing list.                                 *
* To subscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:    [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:         subscribe action-alert *
* To unsubscribe to ACTION-ALERT, send mail to:  [email-masked] *
* In the mail message, enter ONLY the words:       unsubscribe action-alert *
* Words in the Subject: line are NOT processed.                             *
_____________________________________________________________________________