Subject: (COMMERCIAL...sort of) Your comments/voice on Queer TV!!!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 21:40:09 -0400

VIEWER-SUPPORTED QUEER TV!

This message includes information on how your comments may be considered for
use in my television show (regardless of where you live).

GREETINGS CYBERSPACE CADETS!!!  (Please forward this whereever you deem
appropriate).

I'm inviting you to be a part of a television revolution!

First of all, in case you are unfamilar with me...  My show, which I refer to
as "A Queen's Version of Larry King", and my syndicated column (published
throughout cyberspace and in 15 states and other countries as well), are both
entitled "Tinseltown's Queer!"  I'm Nicholas Snow, The Tinseltown Queer, and
my editorial mission, and the foundation of my multimedia entertainment
pursuits, is "To examine and strengthen the relationship between the
entertainment industry and the Queer Civil Rights Movement, thereby
positively impacting the movement itself."

After producing over 70 episodes of my television show on public access over
the last two years, I am now launching a COMMERCIAL VERSION of my show, which
means I will be on at the same time, same channel, same night, every week on
at least two Los Angeles-area cable systems (On Continental Cablevision and
United Artists, to begin with) beginning in May, 1995, with plans on adding
additional cities and cable systems as I am able to do so.

To help fund my show, and to strengthen my relationship with my audience, and
to involve my audience more extensively in the program and column, I am
launching TINSELTOWN'S QUEER INTERACTIVE HOTLINE (registered tradmark of
Nicholas Snow) to become the first-ever, viewer-supported queer TV show on
commercial TV.  Think of me as "QBS", because, as with PBS, my show will be
supported by viewers who call the hotline with questions, comments, breaking
news or gossip; to hear the Tinseltown Queer Theme Song; to answer the
"Question of the Week", to find out why I took my clothes off on television,
etc.  It is my hope that enough people will call the number so that the show
will become self-supporting (I've spent lots of my own funds from my dayjob
as a medical transcriptionist over the years).  In addition, the hotline
number will appear at the end of my syndicated column, so that the column
also becomes "reader-supported Queer media." (the column is available at no
charge to any interested publication).

In addition to supporting the ongoing development of the show and the column,
your calls will enable me to focus the relationship between Hollywood and its
audience, and the relationship between the media and consumers of media.  It
will also enable me to focus the editorial content of my efforts on your
needs and interests.

So, here's how you can participate at this point:  I will be creating
televison commercials, announcements and promotional pieces using actual
messages and comments left on my Interactive Hotline.  Since I'm launching
the commercial version of my show the first week of May, I will be using many
of the messages/comments left on my hotline before April 22nd, 1995.  I'm
interested in a variety of comments, and you are welcome to record as many as
you wish.

I especially want the following types of comments:

If you have actually seen my television show, and have an opinion about it,
PLEASE CALL and express yourself.  If you wish, be sure to say who you are
and where you're from, along with your comment.

If you have ever read my column, and have an opinion about it, PLEASE CALL.
 If you wish, be sure to say who you are and where you're from, along with
your comment.

Or anyone can call and answer this question:  "If you could ask anyone in
Hollywood anything, who would you ask, and what would you ask them?"  If you
wish, be sure to say who you are and where you're from, along with your
comment.

Or anyone can call (I'm hoping people from all over the country will do this)
and use this scripted statement:

I'm (insert your name, occupation, sexual orientation, and anything else you
want) from (insert your city/state), and I WANT MY QUEER TV!

Even if you don't want to leave a message, you can still call the hotline to
listen to my theme song, or my "Open Letter to Hollywood or the World," etc.
 All calls help support my efforts.

If you are from the news media, and think my efforts are newsworthy, I'd be
more than happy to speak with you.

When you call the hotline, there are detailed instructions for you to follow.
 However, if you just want to leave a message, press the star or asterisk
button on your phone when prompted to do so.

Here's the information you need to call:

TINSELTOWN'S QUEER INTERACTIVE HOTLINE (Registered Trademark of Nicholas
Snow) can be called from anywhere in the United States (and perhaps from
other places, I'm not sure), by dialing 1-900-4-TINSEL (1-900-484-6735).  You
must have a touchtone phone.  You must have parental consent if under 18.
 Calls are $1.49 per minute, and will appear on your phone bill.  Call with
questions, comments, breaking news or gossip; to listen to The Tinseltown
Queer Theme Song; etc.  PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SOME OF THE MESSAGES WILL BE
USED ON MY TV SHOW, so be creative, energetic, excited...think of it as an
audition!

And of course, I welcome your comments via Email or snail mail:

Nicholas Snow
The Tinseltown Queer
7985 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 450
West Hollywood, CA  90046
[email-masked].

Thanks for your support!