Subject: (Press Release) TINSELTOWN'S QUEER! HITS "MAINSTREAM" MEDIA
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 00:05:10 -0400

For Immediate Release
April 17, 1995
CONTACT:
Nicholas Snow, The Tinseltown Queer
(818) 771-7690

     TINSELTOWN, USA--Los Angeles radio personalities Jim Sharpe and Melissa
Martines Sharpe, co-hosts of the popular morning show on Star 98.7 FM, have
invited Nicholas Snow, aka The Tinseltown Queer, to anchor live, remote
broadcasts for the station during his participation in California AIDS Ride
II, presented by Tanqueray, to benefit the Jeffrey Goodman Special Care
Clinic and AIDS-related services of the Gay and Lesbian Community Services
Center of Los Angeles.
     Snow first met the Sharpe's when he featured them on his syndicated
television show, "Tinseltown's Queer!", as a hip hetero couple who practice
inclusivity with their media platform.  "When Jim and Melissa learned of my
participation in California AIDS Ride II, they invited me to do live remotes
during the ride," explains Snow, "and their producer, Mark Weber, has backed
them completely."
     Snow will make his first appearance on Star 98.7 with CA AIDS Ride
Staffer Brenda Kinoshita, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19TH, just after 8:00 a.m., with
daily remotes during the ride itself (May 14th-20th).  TO VOICE YOUR SUPPORT
OF THE SHARPES, CALL 1-800-STAR-987 weekday mornings before 10:00 a.m. pst.
     California AIDS Ride is a 525 mile, 7-day bicycle ride through some of
California's most breathtaking scenery from San Francisco to Los Angeles that
will take place in May.  Proceeds will benefit the Jeffrey Goodman Special
Care Clinic and other AIDS-related services of the Los Angeles Gay and
Lesbian Community Services Center.  The Clinic provides medical care to over
4,000 individuals in the early and middle stages of the disease who are
without health insurance.  Services include on-site neurology, dermatology,
hematology, respiratory therapy, x-ray, a complete women's HIV unit, and the
use of a full pharmacy which distributes 27 different types of FDA-approved
HIV-related drugs.  The Center serves over 65,000 individuals annually
through eight different programs, receives over 20,000 phone calls a month,
and is the largest HIV test site in the nation.
     The public is invited to the closing ceremonies of the California AIDS
Ride II, to take place May 20th at 4:00 p.m. on San Vincente Blvd. in West
Hollywood, just South of Santa Monica Blvd.
     To sponsor Snow (rider #1193) or other riders, send your tax-deductible
contribution to CA AIDS Ride II, 8270 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
 90046, or call (213) 874-7474 or 1-800-4-RIDE-95.

A SPECIAL APPEAL FROM NICHOLAS SNOW...

     In case you don't know, the editorial thrust of my show is "to examine
and strengthen the relationship between the entertainment industry and the
Queer Civil Rights Movement, thereby positively impacting the movement
itself."  The above-described Star 98.7 gig is a direct result of my media
activism, personally financed from my earnings as a medical transcriptionist
(I've produced over 70 episodes of my show in two years, reaching almost half
a million households on a regular basis).  There is now a way you can support
my efforts, if you so choose.

YOUR RECORDED COMMENTS FOR POSSIBLE INCLUSION ON MY SHOW!...

     With the launch of a 900, interactive hotline, my TV show, syndicated
column and radio appearances are becoming "Viewer/Reader/Listener-supported
Queer Media".  You can support my media activism endeavors my calling the
hotline with questions, comments, breaking news or gossip; to listen to the
TQ theme song; to answer the question of the week; to listen to my Open
Letter to Hollywood and the World, etc.  ALL RECORDED MESSAGES WILL BE
CONSIDERED FOR ACTUAL INCLUSION IN THE TELEVISED PROGRAMS. 

     To support my endeavors (even if just to listen), call TINSELTOWN'S
QUEER INTERACTIVE HOTLINE (registered service mark) at 1-900-4-TINSEL
($1.49/min. Parental consent if under 18.  Touch tone phone required).
 Proceeds help finance the marketing, promotion and distribution of my TV
show and column.  Thanks!

Sincerely,

Nicholas Snow
The Tinseltown Queer