Subject: COMING OUT ON T.V. IN HOLLYWOOD, because TINSELTOWN'S QUEER!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 21:11:05 -0400

Contact:
Nicholas Snow, The Tinseltown Queer
7985 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 450
West Hollywood, CA  90046
eMail: [email-masked]
Fax:  (213) 969-8374
Listed 24-hour Recorded Info:  (818) 771-7690 (Call to hear T.Q. Theme Song)
Listed Office Number:  (213) 969-0582.

For Immediate Release
October 6, 1995

TINSELTOWN'S QUEER FACT SHEET...

WHAT:

"Tinseltown's Queer!", the Los Angeles-based, weekly, commercial television
program with this editorial purpose: "To examine and strengthen the
relationship between the entertainment industry and the Queer Civil Rights
Movement, thereby positively impacting the movement itself; and to provide a
media platform for issues pertinent to lesbians, gays, bisexuals."

"Tinseltown's Queer!", now in its third year of production, reaches almost
half a million households weekly.  The revenue-generating, commercially
sponsored version airs for an hour each week to 246,000 households
(Continental Cablevision and United Aritists), and the public access, live
call-in version (Century Cable) reaches 200,000 households weekly (in
October--plans are under way to "crossover" from public access to commercial
access on this system as well).  Past interviewees include Melissa Etheridge,
Amanda Bearse, Tony Kushner, Paul Monette, Armistead Maupin, Jackie Goldberg,
Lynda Montgomery, Barry Krost, and more.  Fabulous locations have included
The Playboy Mansion, Universal Studios, Santa Monica Blvd.

WHEN:

Continental Cablevision (Los Angeles Region) Channel 28, Fridays from 11:00
p.m. to midnight, weekly (COMMERCIALLY SPONSORED VERSION).

United Artists Cable Channel 46, Saturdays from 11:00 p.m. to midnight,
weekly (COMMERCIALLY SPONSORED VERSION).

Century Cable Channel 3 (system-wide), Saturdays in October (Public Access
Version--LIVE VIEWER CALL-IN):

   OCT 7th:  Lesbigay Youth Conference "Models of Pride" Preview--featuring
Organizers/Participants of upcoming Oct. 14th Conference.

   OCT 14th:  Halloween Preview/STONEWALL Revisited--hear from a man who was
IN THE STONEWALL BAR the first night of the riots...see FABULOUS HALLOWEEN
DRAG.

   OCT 21st:  Coming Out HIV Positive--local television celebrity publically
discloses his HIV positive status.

   OCT 28th:  T.Q. Q&A--This episode will focus entirely on the
questions/comments of viewers...OPEN FORUM.

WHO:

Nicholas Snow is The Tinseltown Queer, a 33 year-old (single) media activist
with over a decade of experience on the front lines of the lesbigay Civil
Rights Movement.  Highlights include:  1985--Founded the Lesbian & Gay
Speaker's Bureau in Phoenix, AZ, as part of a self-created academic
internship at Arizona State University;  1987--Served as the Executive
Director of the Lesbian & Gay Community Switchboard and Arizona AIDS
Information Line in Phoenix, AZ;  Participated in the recall of homophobic
Governor Evan Meecham;  1988--Graduated from "The Experience" workshop;
 Served as one of the two full-time paid staff of the first-ever National
Coming Out Day;  1990--Served on the Board of Directors of the Alliance for
Gay and Lesbian Artists in the Entertainment Industry; Wrote internationnally
syndicated column entitled "Notes From Hollywood";  1992--Created
"Tinseltown's Queer!" TV Show on Public Access television in Los Angeles;
1995--Successfully "crossed over" to commercial television with "Tinseltown's
Queer!" on two Los Angeles cable systems;  Launched international,
electronically newspaper column, also entitled "Tinseltown's Queer!"

WHY:

Because silence does equal death, and ACTION DOES EQUAL LIFE.

HOW:

Snow has funded the majority of the production, promotion and distribution of
"Tinseltown's Queer!" himself (with revenue from his "dayjob"), and along
with co-producer Bob LaFont (longtime video activist), has successfully
gained commercial sponsorship, including BEER MEDICAL GROUP, CITYFED
MORTGAGE, and STEPHEN R. CLARK REALTY.  (Sponorship information available
upon request, while available).

AN ADDITIONAL FACT:  It is Snow's intent to become wildly successful as an
openly gay actor, activist, and entertainer in film, television and music,
while helping to "dismantle The Hollywood Closet from the inside OUT."

HOW YOU CAN HELP:  1) Watch the show.  2)  Tell a friend.  3) Be a guest.  4)
 Sponsor the show.  5) Support Snow's entertainment pursuits.  6)  Express
the Truth of your Life to the people whom you influence.

FAVORITE QUOTE:  "Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it.
 Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.  Begin it now!" ...Goethe

###