From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 94 18:17:52 EDT

LARRY KING LIVE TONITE: CAN GAYS BE "CURED"

PFLAG: Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians & Gays

                         Celebrating Real Family Values 

                   LARRY KING LIVE TONITE: CAN GAYS BE "CURED"

Contact: George Neighbors, Jr.    202-638-4200
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 9, 1994
                                   Action Alert

                    LARRY KING LIVE TONITE: CAN GAYS BE "CURED"

9PM EST - Tonight on Larry King Live on CNN, Mr. King will explore the realm
of transformation ministries and the alleged ability to "change" people's
sexual orientation.

Joshua Tuerk, son of Washington, DC Metro PFLAG President Cathy Tuerk, will
tell his story of his parents attempt at an early age to change his
"perceived" sexual orientation.  Although the Tuerks are now supportive of
their son and actively struggle for his equal rights, it is a compelling
story of their journey and Joshua's coming to terms with his orientation.

Also featured will be a "changed" gay, who believes that he has "altered" his
sexual orientation through therapy.  We need to be there to tell him the
truth of his perceived change. 

Please call in and watch/listen to this important program.  Check local
listings for stations and times.

             PFLAG: PARENTS, FAMILIES AND FRIENDS OF LESBIANS AND GAYS
                 1012  14th St, NW  Ste 700, Washington, DC  20005
         (202)-638-4200    Fax: (202)-638-0243   E-mail: [email-masked]