From: "Independent Television Service" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 94 13:58:49 -0500

ITVS happily announces the second year of broadcast dates for Ellen Spiro's
GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE.  Over one hundred public television stations have
aired GREETINGS over the past year and it will be re-uplinked (offered via
satellite) for station use on June 5.

Greetings From Out Here by Ellen Spiro
Tongue-in-cheek and pedal to the metal, Ellen Spiro and dog Sam travel the
backroads of the South documenting gay life in the boonies and beyond.

GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE covers the best of the gay South from 'fly fishing for
country fags' to Allan Gurganus, author of "The Last Confederate Widow Tells
All" and from the Austin Gay Rodeo to Mardi Gras.  Returning favorites include
DiAna from DiAna's Hair Ego (also by Spiro).

DENEUVE magazine calls GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE second out of 1993's
Top Ten Picks for Lesbian Video.  Length: 57:35

Some airdates to look for include:

WQEX/Channel 13, Pittsburgh, PA         WNET/Channel 13, New York
Saturday, May 14 at 10 pm               Thursday, June 23 at 10 pm
                                        (with an intro by Rita Mae Brown)
KCSM/Channel 60, San Mateo, CA
Monday, June 13 at 11 pm

Educational/Home Video Distributor:     Video Databank  (312/899-5172)

GREETINGS FROM OUT HERE was funded in 1991 by the Independent Television
Service as part of our mandate to serve underserved audiences via public
television.

The Independent Television Service (ITVS) is a non-profit organization funded
by, but independent of the Corporation of Public Broadcasting, created to
increase the diversity of programming available to public television, to
bring vision to a medium often dominated by formula, to meet underserved
audience needs, and to create new and active roles for viewers.

ITVS solicits innovative proposals from independent producers, selects
projects for funding, then supports, schedules, and promotes them for
broadcast on public television.   Through a variety of formats (fiction,
documentary, animation, children's programming, and bold, new approaches),
ITVS will create richer options for American television, encourage emerging
talent, and help public television meet the challenge of changing American
realities.

Currently, ITVS is in the process of completing over 70 individual programs and
six thematic series.  For more information on ITVS programs, call 612/225-9035
or write the Independent Television Service at 190 Fifth Street East, Suite
200, Saint Paul, MN 55101 or EMail [email-masked].