Subject: Merry Xmas 1995!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 1994 15:57:50 -0500

And here's this week's really big shew ...
--------------------------------------------------------
        THIS WAY OUT * THIS WAY OUT  * THIS WAY OUT
 -Since 1988, Public Radio's Only Weekly National Voice
                            For Gays & Lesbians-

       TO:  ALL STATIONS, especially PROGRAM,
              NEWS & PUBLIC AFFAIRS DIRECTORS
   DATE:  Monday - December 26, 1994
     RE: "THIS WAY OUT - the international
            gay & lesbian radio magazine":
            Content Description and Segment Times
            for this week's program

   Program I.D. #94-F72-00052     ("T.W.O." Program #352)

 * FEEDS EVERY MONDAY at 14:30-14:59 ET on CHANNEL 12 *
AIR THE ENTIRE HALF-HOUR AND/OR USE SELECTED SEGMENTS!
                            FREE OF CHARGE!
   USAGE LIMITED ONLY BY TIMELINESS OF NEWS CONTENT!

*************************************************
Individual audio cassette subscriptions to THIS WAY OUT
programs are available by mail -- please write or e-mail for ordering
information!
*************************************************
                         
                          ON THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM:
* Surfin' the Internet with DIGITAL QUEERS Co-Chair Tom Rielly - how gays and
lesbians are using new technologies to make the best use of the Information
Superhighway;
* Browing through the latest queer literature anthology, "Men On Men 5", with
its editor David Bergman;
* Closing the door on 1994 with our annual news kicker cavalcade - some of
the more bizarre, outrageous or just plain silly news stories we've reported
during NewsWrap this year ...
                                ... and more!
 
                       ******RUNDOWN******

OPENING TEASES/THEME MUSIC/INTRO CONTINUITY ................ 1:10

SEGMENT #1 - "NewsWARP":  NewsWrap co-anchors CINDY FRIEDMAN and BRIAN NUNES
(with help from JON BEAUPRE) present our annual "Cavalcade Of Kickers",
reprising some of the more outrageous or just plain silly news stories we've
reported in 1994, including: stealth lesbian reporter infiltrates the
Christian Coaliton, Barney as a Satanic beast, queer Dutch flamingo dads, the
year's U.S. TV kisses, counting Stonewall 25, Babs in NYC, and more!
[compiled and written by CINDY FRIEDMAN, with thanks for year-long help to
JASON LIN and RON BUCKMIRE] (includes music from "As Time Goes By" by PETER
ALLEN, from "The Wizard Of Oz", and from Barbra Streisand's concert in NYC)
............................................................. 10:20 

SEGMENT #2 -  "This Way Out" I.D. by gay African-American poet and writer
Essex Hemphill (with "Tongues Untied" soundtrack excerpt) [:20]  +  "TWO" New
York City correspondent MARCUS EDWARD chats briefly with DAVID BERGMAN,
editor of the latest anthology of queer literature, "Men On Men 5"
  (intro/outro music from "It's My World" by
RAY CHARLES)
..............................................................................
............ 3:55

SEGMENT #3 -  "This Way Out" I.D. by lesbian novelist Dorothy Allison
("Bastard Out Of Carolina") with Jesse Helms tag [:10]  +  As we leave 1994
to the historians, the future may be found among the lesbians and gays who
are joining the growing millions of people worldwide trying to merge onto the
Information Superhighway.  "TWO" reporter BRIAN NUNES recently visited San
Francisco to speak with TOM RIELLY, Co-Chair of DIGITAL QUEERS, a network of
gay and lesbian computer professionals who are on a mission: to get all the
queer organizations around the globe linked together using computer
technology (intro/outro music by ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK)
............................................................. 11:00
             [DQ contact info: phone 415/252-6282;
                        e-mail [email-masked]] 

CLOSING CREDITS/CONTINUITY (over musical excerpt from "Ding Dong Ding Dong"
by GEORGE HARRISON) [program still ends with the usual "thump"]
............................................................ 2:30

TOTAL PROGRAM TIME
........................................................................
28:55
---------------------Please note-------------------------
Anyone with questions, suggestions, or NEWS stories is encouraged to send
them directly to "T.W.O." Associate News Director BRIAN NUNES via his
Internet E-Mail address:
                              [email-masked]
------------------------thanks!--------------------------
"T.W.O." Coordinating Producer GREG GORDON is also online at:
                                [email-masked]
*************************************************
SATELLITE DISTRIBUTION OF "THIS WAY OUT" IS FUNDED BY GRANTS FROM THE MORGAN
R. PINNEY TRUST, THE C.P. ESTES GUADALUPE FOUNDATION, THE COLIN HIGGINS
FOUNDATION, and THE LEO MODEL FOUNDATION.
                       --------------------------------
                          MISSED THE SATELLITE FEED?
 PACIFICA RADIO SHIPS (GENERALLY VIA U.P.S.) WEEKLY REEL & CASSETTE DUBS OF
"THIS WAY OUT" TO SUBSCRIBING STATIONS EVERY TUESDAY (ONE DAY AFTER EACH
WEEK's SATELLITE FEED), AND THEY CAN HANDLE SINGLE TAPE ORDERS---PHONE THEM
AT 818/506-1077 FOR DETAILS; IN AN EMERGENCY, PHONE "T.W.O." COORDINATING
PRODUCER GREG GORDON AT 213/874-0874 OR VIA E-MAIL TO [email-masked]
*************************************************