Subject: Licensed to Kill on NPR (7)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 11:34:20 EST

FYI -- please circulate as appropriate:

"Fresh Air", National Public Radio, October 26, 1998:
"Licensed to Kill" director Arthur Dong discusses his Sundance award winning
documentary on convicted murderers of gay men.  Topics include the current
effort to pass anti-gay hate crimes legislation, the psychological and
sociological profiles of gay bashers, the construction of the masculine
heterosexual identity, and his personal experiences with anti-gay violence.
For more information and exact local broadcast schedules, double click on the
following:   <A HREF="http://www.whyy.org/freshair/">Fresh Air - NPR</A>, or
log into:  <www.whyy.org/freshair/>.  Transcripts of the program will be
available a few days after the broadcast.

Other LTK related items:
(just double click on the highlighted text or log into the posted web
addresses)

P.O.V.:  provocative viewer reactions and lively salon discussions on the
national PBS broadcast of "Licensed to Kill." 
<A HREF="http://www.pbs.org/pov/">P.O.V. Interactive: Main Menu</A>
<www.pbs.org/pov/>

GAYBC:   "live audio," on-command internet radio interview on the "Hangin'
Out" program with ""Licensed to Kill" director, Arthur Dong.  
<A HREF="http://www.gaybc.com/">GAYBC - LGBT Online Radio</A> <www.gaybc.com>

NIGHTLINE: transcripts of the October 16, 1998 program, "Beyond Hate".
Segments include a report on the Matthew Shepard case and a satellite
interview with "Licensed to Kill" director, Arthur Dong.  
<A HREF="http://www.abcnews.com/onair/nightline/index.html">ABC News Nightline
</A> <www.abcnews.com/onair/nightline>

LICENSED TO KILL WEBSITE:  photos from the film, murderers' profiles, reviews,
ordering information.  <A HREF="http://www.filmmag.com/community/adong/">
LICENSED TO KILL</A> <www.filmmag.com/community/adong>

SPAM ETIQUETTE:  if you are receiving duplicates of this message or to remove
your name from this list, simply type in "remove" on a reply message.  Please
include the subject title of this message.  Thank you.