From: Jason Lin <[email-masked]>

North America's first NATIONAL COMMERCIAL GAY RADIO STATION/NETWORK
started its broadcasting tonight.  KGAY is a  "superstation"
located in Denver, Colorado (that's where voters  passed the anti-
gay bill) and broadcasts 24 hours a day on satellite  S3,
Transponder 22, Discret Stereo Audio Frequency (Narrow) 6.2 &  7.4. 
The network is receivable by anyone in North America with a
satellite dish and  C-Band capability (meaning you have to have a
dish 7 feet or  larger).  The format of stations calls for
alternative music hosted  by gay or lesbian people.  There will
also be several gay political or news talk shows throughout the
day.

If you live in a town with large gay population, call your cable 
company and ask them to put the audio network on the soundtrack of
a channel where there is visual bulletin board running.  It would
be nice to hear gay radio 24 hours a day!

The station also has a toll-free request line at 1-800-733-5429. 
Please do not call the number unless you are calling to find out
how to get the cable company to carry it or how to receive it using
a satellite dish (if you own one, that is).

Currently the station is funded by private donation but it will be 
airing commercials once the program schedule is finalized.