Subject: #5/CYBERSPACE CADETS & THE CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND.
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 21:34:24 -0500

Tinseltown's Queer!
Free Weekly Column #5:

"CYBER-SPACE CADETS AND THE CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND..."

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PASS THIS ALONG THROUGH CYBERSPACE, THE WORLD WIDE WEB,
ETC.
_________________________________________

CONDITIONS FOR PUBLICATION and/or RE-DISTRIBUTION (modified 1/29/95).

This is a FREE, weekly, syndicated column, distributed electronically via the
internet, available to any interested print publication or on-line user.
 Although this material is copyrighted by the author, you are hereby granted
permission to print (only in newspapers or magazines--no books) and
distribute (electronically) this column on a one-time-per-column basis.

EDITORS/PUBLISHERS:  Please feel free to edit the column for length or
timeliness, as it may simply be too long for your particular publication, or
perhaps outdated, as some of the subscribing publications are monthly, or
bi-weekly, as opposed to weekly.  IF YOU PRINT OR REDISTRIBUTE THIS COLUMN IN
ANY WAY, YOU  MUST LEAVE THE FINAL PROMOTIONAL PARAGRAPH(s) INTACT (That's
why this column is free), and you must send two copies of each issue which
contains the column to Nicholas Snow, The Tinseltown Queer, 7985 Santa Monica
Blvd., Suite 450, West Hollywood, CA  90046.

IF YOU WANT A BLACK & WHITE HEADSHOT TO ACCOMPANY THE COLUMN, PLEASE EMAIL
YOUR REQUEST AND MAILING ADDRESS TO [email-masked]. (On online photo will
be forthcoming in a few weeks, for electronic recipients).

The column is distributed anytime between Sunday a.m. and Monday p.m.,
Pacific Standard Time.  If you have received this column as the result of
being on a list or newsgroup and wish to receive it directly, please notify
me at [email-masked].

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Nicholas Snow
The Tinseltown Queer
____________________________________

COLUMN #5 - Feb. 12th - Feb. 18th, 1995
Copyright (c) 1995 by Nicholas Snow, All Rights Reserved

Nicholas Snow is...
TINSELTOWN'S QUEER!
"News, Commentary and Gossip, With a Political Cutting Edge."

CYBER-SPACE CADETS AND THE CHURCH OF THE POISON MIND...

 If you've been paying attention to just about any newsmagazine (in print or
on television), you've seen that Cyberspace is all the rage, and...Oh
my stars!...Queers are on the cutting edge.  From the cover of the current
TEN PERCENT to the pages of WIRED, read all about it!  "They" won't let us
serve openly in the military, but we are the FIVE STAR GENERALS of the WWW
(Worldwide Web), leading Space Cadets into battle.

 One "fan" E-Mailed me with these encouraging words: "Reading Michelangelo
Signorile's 'Queer in America' last month put me in the precise frame of mind
to wholeheartedly agree with the content and aim of your recent piece,
'Hollywood:  Guilty of Murder in the First!'  (Signorile closed his book, as
you know, by stating that we queers have the decided technological edge in
our struggle against oppression and suppression; since my reading 'Queer,'
buying a fax/modem this month, and stumbling straightaway onto your clarion
call to arms, I see just how self-fulfilling that hopeful forecast is apt to
be.  I hope as much!"

 I can't tell you who this fan is, because he/she went on to provide me with
some amazing "sell-an-extra-million-copies-of-that-tabloid-type"
GOSSIP--tragic gossip.  It seems that one of the world's most powerful
churches is behind the arranged marriages of some of Hollywood's biggest
closeted stars: JULIE ANDREWS and BLAKE EDWARDS!  I'm JUST KIDDING about Mary
Poppins and her Pink Panther-producing hubbie...they're blissfully HETERO,
they have NOTHING to do with the aforementioned church, and they are
extremely supportive of the Queer Community.  Just recently, Blake saw to it
that homophobic lyrics were removed from the upcoming stage production of
Victor Victoria.  Actually THE REAL NAMES OF THE FAUX-MARRIEDS are as big as
they get, and I'm not relying on just one source.  I contacted a highly
respected entertainment journalist, and he/she confirmed the information
contained in the E-Mail report, and went on to tell me that one of the major
stars may be HIV positive as well.

 According to my initial E-Mail informant, this church "DIAMETRICALLY OPPOSES
HOMOSEXUALITY IN ANY FORM OR FLAVOR, and ruthlessly, mindlessly brands
'other' sexual orientations as a lamentably inferior human condition--one
needing to be 'corrected'...the adherents to this 'religion' are blanketed
not only throughout Ttown, but also across the country and the globe.  Towing
the doctrine of the group, they are viciously anti-gay and consider
themselves far superior as heteros...I have seen and known scores of
well-placed, talented, wonderful gays who entered (this church) for help with
their lives and their art, only--after being divested of their cash--to be
squashed flat, invalidated as humans beings, made so wrong they became ill,
and told to either shape up and desist from the errors of their ways, or get
out and never be communicated to again by any church member."

 A concern from my informant is that, although this "church" seems fairly
tame in the public eye, it secretly uses closeted homosexuals as its most
powerful PR tools, while we, as a fighting community, are apparently
oblivious to this church, its media manipulations, and its Hollywood-closet
power plays, focusing rather on the more visible oppressive efforts of the
Radical Right.  In the Spirit of Silence=Death & Action=Life, what does all
this mean?  Well, for me it means that all of us, as creatively as possible
and as frequently as possible, need to express our Truth to as many people as
possible, and we need to do so as if OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT, because they do.
 And frankly, we must stop supporting the careers and livelihoods of the
BENEDICT ARNOLDS of our struggle, which means you may want to start
boycotting the films of certain Oscar-winning actors, and start ignoring the
CD's of a certain closeted pop diva (and her movies).  Fire the Stars that
deceive you and hire people who tell the truth!  It's your entertainment
dollar, so let them hear you holler!

 And don't believe that bullshit about having to withhold your truth to make
it in a certain career.  YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE TO LIVE (and I'm not talking
soap operas), so START LIVING IT NOW.  Sure, I support myself as a medical
transcriptionist for the time being, but I know of no other Queer in the
world with an internationally syndicated column, a TV show in a major media
market, an increasing radio presence, and a powerful voice in Cyberspace, not
to mention a 10 year history in the Queer Civil Rights Movement.  You've just
begun to hear from me, so LET ME HEAR FROM YOU...LET THE WORLD HEAR FROM
YOU...and THANKS FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!

 Nicholas Snow, self-proclaimed
"Actor-Writer-Singer-Songwriter-Publisher-Columnist-Activist-Diva", is the
producer and host of the syndicated television show, "Tinseltown's Queer!"
 His editorial mission (and the foundation of his entertainment pursuits)
is,"To examine and strengthen the relationship between the entertainment
industry and the Queer (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgenderist)
Civil Rights Movement, thereby positively impacting the movement itself."
 For more information, or with questions, comments, breaking news or gossip,
E-mail [email-masked], write 7985 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 450, West
Hollywood, CA  90046, or call Snow's 24-HOUR Audio Press Release at (818)
771-7690.
###