Subject: LESBIAN BABY PICTURES SOUGHT
From: "Shelly Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:12:25 +0000

IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
WIDEST POSSIBLE DISTRIBUTION
5 November, 1996

Please allow me to introduce myself: 

My name is Shelly Roberts.  I am a nationally syndicated lesbian
humor/observation columnist.  My column, Roberts' Rules, runs in
 60 to 70 lesbian and gay papers, magazines, and newsletters
worldwide.  I am also an author.  Among the books I have written are
The Dyke Detector (How to tell the real lesbians from ordinary
people), Hey, Mom, Guess What!, and the most recent, Roberts' Rules of
Lesbian Living, which I'm please to share with you has been on the
lesbian/gay best seller lists for the past five months

After a couple of years of working on this project, I finally have a
go-ahead from the publisher (Gynergy Books. CA) for September, '97,
for a new book called BABY DYKES.  It is a book of lesbian baby
pictures. Rita Mae Brown has promised to raid her early albums, and
Leslea Newman and Patricia Nell Warren, among lots of others, have
already sent me their pictures.  Now I would like yours.

If you are a lesbian, and have an baby picture of yourself (UNDER
THREE YEARS OLD - NOBODY ELSE IN THE PHOTO) in some adorable butch,
femme or just wonderful pose, and would like to be considered for
inclusion in this new book, please do the following: 1) Print out
this post. 2) Read the release below. 3) Sign release. 4) Send the
release and the photo (Originals, not xerox copies)per the 
instructions on the form.

You'll know by Spring if you, too, can have your 15 minutes of fame in
very good company.

Thanks for reading this far.  I really hope you'll dig into the
family album. Oh, yes, please get it to me within the next 3-4 weeks for
consideration. All the necessary instructions and addresses are
included below.

Thanks so much.

Shelly Roberts
***************************************
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A BEAUTIFUL BABY!

Shelly Roberts, the author of the #1 best selling, Roberts' Rules of
Lesbian Living, along with Gynergy Books of Canada, will be publishing
the first-ever collection of lesbian baby pictures, BABY DYKES. And
she wants yours.

Submit your best UNDER-*3*-YEARS-OLD baby picture (particularly
butch, particularly femme, and particularly charming will get first
consideration). Original photos. No photocopies. All photos treated
respectfully as the family treasures they are, and returned on project
completion. 

DIRECTIONS:
Lightly, but legibly, in pencil, write your name, address and age at
the time of the picture on the back. Mark envelope "Photos. Do Not
Bend." Pad or protect the picture with cardboard, foam core, or thin
bubble wrap. Print out, sign and include the photo release below ,
being sure to make a copy for your own records.  All photographs will
be returned.  Naturally, not all photos can be used. Early submissions
get first consideration. Photos must be submitted by December 15th AT
THE LATEST, or email me at [email-masked] if you need to make
other arrangements.

Send to:
 BABY PIX, 3405 Robbins Road, Pompano Beach, FL 33062

PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE:
In return for valuable consideration upon inclusion, I,
______________________________ irrevocably consent to and authorize
the use and reproduction by Shelly Roberts, or anyone authorized by
her, of any and all photographs which have been designated by me to be
used for her purposes.  I testify and affirm that the aforementioned
photograph(s) are images and/or likenesses of only myself and not
other person(s).  I herein grant, for the said consideration,
reproduction rights both foreign and domestic for use in (a) future
booklength work(s) and/or any specialty items as deemed appropriate,
including, but not limited to posters, stationery, greeting cards
and/or calendars, as well as any and all promotional, or advertising
material used in the advancement of said work(s). These rights are
granted into perpetuity and may not be amended or abridged by any
current or future heirs.

Description of
Photo(s)______________________________________________________________

 |_|     You have my explicit permission to use my name in conjunction
 with my photograph. (IF THIS BOX IS NOT CHECKED, YOUR NAME WILL NOT
 BE USED.)

Particular credit(s) or title(s) within the lesbian/gay community that
could be used with your photo. (NOT REQUIRED) :
______________________________________________________

______________________________________________________

Date ______________________

   Signed _______________________________________ 

  Address_______________________________________

  City __________________________________________ State ________ Zip
  ___________

  Witnessed by _______________________________________________

   Date______________________________________

==>We All Do The Work In Our Own Way<==