Subject: Fwd: THE QUEER PRESS GUIDE 2000
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:28:18 EDT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 01:11:06 EDT
Subject: THE QUEER PRESS GUIDE 2000

FEEDBACK: THE QUEER PRESS GUIDE 2000
From:	[email-masked]

I have been commissioned by Painted Leaf Press in the USA to compile the 
"Queer Press Guide 2000" which will seek to list every single gay, lesbian, 
bisexual and transgendered publication in the world thereby increasing the 
strength of the international g/l/b/t community.

The publication will benefit gays and lesbians all over the world by 
acquainting them with publications they can access online or in person if and 
when they are visiting another part of the world. In addition the guide will 
help gay and lesbian writers in that it will tell them what different 
publications are looking for and how writings should be submitted -- and also 
what they are NOT looking for. 

Please find attached a brief questionnaire for publications to fill out. You 
will notice that we would like included the name and contact information of 
the Advertising Manager of each publication as well as the editorial staff. 
One of the aims of the guide is to make it easier for advertisers to contact 
gay and lesbian publications around the world to purchase space.

I would be extremely grateful if you could forward the questionnaire together 
with this cover letter to all the g/l/b/t press contacts that you have. 
Replies can be either e-mail it back to me at [email-masked] or faxed to 
me at (212) 265 6845. The book will be launched this fall. We need  replies 
by April 30th... 

Thank you very much in advance for your help. If you have any
questions please do not hesitate to contact me on (212) 265 6845 or e-mail me 
at [email-masked]

Many thanks,
Paul Harris
The Queer Press Guide 2000

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Please fill in all the information that you can...

Name of Publication:

Complete mailing address:

Regularity of Publication (Weekly/Biweekly/Monthly):
Circulation:                        (audited or not) Yes/No
Phone Number(s):
Fax Number(s):
E-mail address:
website address:
                    
Please give both the name and the telephone extension or direct line:
Publisher:                                  (ext.     )
Editor:                                     (ext.     )
Managing Editor:                          (ext.     )
Features Editor:                           (ext.     )
Arts Editor:                               (ext.     )
News Editor:                              (ext.     )
Advertising Manager:                      (ext.     )

Average length of feature:                 words
Minimum rate paid per word:
Minimum rate paid for photos:
How do you prefer your stories to be filed?
How do you prefer to be contacted?
Special needs of your publication: (Cartoons? Humor? Book Reviews? National 
news? only local news? Celebrity profiles? coverage of racial minority 
issues? Lesbian news and views? web-based services?)

What is the best advice for someone contemplating writing for your 
publication?

Thank you for helping to make the QPG2000 the best possible!