Subject: MEDIAlert! [syndication change]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:54:03 -0500 (EST)

TO:  "MEDIAlert!" recipients.
RE:  Change in syndication schedule.

PLEASE NOTE:   Due to reorganization, the syndicated "MEDIAlert!" service
will be on hiatus until FEBRUARY 20.  To better serve reader needs and
interests, new "MEDIAlert!" columns will then be issued WEEKLY (rather than
bi-weekly), each FRIDAY.

The focus and contact information for "MEDIAlert!" will remain unchanged;
questions, feedback, action items or any other information regarding this
service should be directed to:  "MEDIAlert!," 163 Park Street, San Francisco,
CA 94110-5835, voice-mail 415-826-5203, fax 415-826-5203, e-mail
[email-masked] or [email-masked].

PAST installments of "MEDIAlert!" (formerly the "GLAAD Media Watch") can be
accessed online, at these web archives:  QUEER RESOURCES DIRECTORY --
http://www.qrd.org/qrd/media/medialert/ (for "Media Watch," see
http:www.qrd.org/qrd/orgs/GLAAD/old/sfba); GAYTREK (1995-1997 only) --
http://www.gaytrek.com/alertindex.html.  Prior "MEDIAlert!" items are also
selectively posted on America OnLine (AOL), at keyword:  Arts onQ.

Thanks for your continuing interest!

_____________________________________________________________

[Written by Al Kielwasser and distributed continuously since 1992 as a
community press service, "MEDIAlert!" [TM] is a weekly action-oriented column
of media criticism and activism, focused on lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender
issues; recipients may print, publish or post this material, in whole or
part, under this or any title, without prior permission.  Kielwasser is the
editor of "Gay People, Sex & the Media" (New York:  Haworth Press); he was
twice elected Chair of the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation/San
Francisco Bay Area.]

_____________________________________________________________

S h a p e   t h e  f o r c e s  t h a t  s h a p e  o u r  s o c i e t y  .
 .  .

C h a l l e n g e  h o m o p h o b i a  i n  a n d  t h r o u g h  t h e  m e
d i a !
_____________________________________________________________