Subject: Advocate Issue 695 Preview
From: "Todd Ruston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 1995 16:51:53

The Advocate * November 28, 1995 * Issue 695
                        (On Sale November 14)

                        * GOOD-BYE, MR. STUDDS
             
                         * DISNEY'S GAY DRAMA
                
                       * CLINTON AND GAY RIGHTS
                       
               * AIDS: THIS DECADE'S TRENDIEST DISEASE
                     
                 * * *  C O V E R   S T O R Y  * * *

                           STERN UND DRANG
                             Howard Stern
                        The Advocate interview

Radio's enfant terrible gets down and dirty with The Advocate's 
Camille Paglia, talking about Calvin Klein models, lesbians, free
speech, Newt Gingrich, penis envy, and why he's totally comfortable in
a dress.

                                * * *
                                
                           AIDS IN AMERICA
                           ---------------

ABSOLUTELY HIV: "Die young, stay pretty" is the message being sent by
media images to a younger generation of gay men.

AIDS INCORPORATED: It's the only disease to have its own gift shop. 
Have we gone too far in commercializing the epidemic? 

AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION: Ever more dependent on bearish investors, the 
search for an AIDS vaccine is all but grinding to a halt.  

IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT: Being openly gay and HIV-positive makes 
surprising friends and enemies for New York City's taxi commissioner.

                                * * *

POLITICS: OUT OF THE RACE
-------------------------
U.S. representative Gerry Studds, the first openly gay member of 
Congress, announces his decision not to seek reelection in 1996. 

WASHINGTON: FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES
----------------------------------
A bill to protect gays and lesbians in the workplace gets a boost from
the president.

SCANDAL: DISNEY'S WORLD
-----------------------
Revelations of pedophilia add to Disney's public-relations woes, but
will they affect the bottom line?

DEPARTMENTS
-----------
Letters
Agenda
Viewpoint: Brenda Vaccaro
Your Business: Sue Spielman
Advocate Poll
Notes From a Blond: Bruce Vilanch
Reviews
The Buzz
Last Word: Lillian Faderman

ON THE COVER: Howard Stern photographed by Paul Aresu. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This issue goes on sale November 14, 1995 at your local newsstand or 
bookstore.

Try The Advocate for three issues--free!
----------------------------------------
Send your subscription order via e-mail to "[email-masked]".
Include your full postal mailing address in the message. You will get
the next 3 issues of The Advocate and a trial subscription. If you like
The Advocate, you'll receive the balance of a full year (26 issues) for
only $39.97. That's a $62.00 savings off the newsstand price. If you
decide The Advocate is not for you, simply return your invoice marked
"cancel" and you will owe nothing. The three issues are yours to keep.

Or you may call (800) 827-0561, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to
10:00pm Central Time. Outside the U.S., add $30 per year. The
Advocate is mailed in an opaque plastic wrapper.

Copyright 1995 Liberation Publications Inc. All rights reserved. Used
with permission. This file may be duplicated and distributed for non-
commercial purposes if it is duplicated in its entirety and this
notice is included in the file.