Subject: Advocate Issue 694 Preview
From: "Todd Ruston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 11:12:49 -0800

The Advocate * November 14, 1995 * Issue 694
                        (On Sale October 31)

                      * COLIN POWELL'S GAY PALS
             
                        * JENNY JONES ON TRIAL
                
                         * FARRAKHAN AND YOU
                     
                 * * *  C O V E R   S T O R Y  * * *

                            The beauty of 
                              BOY GEORGE

With a no-holds-barred autobiography and an intensely personal new CD,
drag pioneer Boy George is back, and he's still going where no man has
gone before. The Advocate's Chastity Bono gets up close and personal
with George about sex, drugs, rock and roll--and O.J.

POLITICS: THE POWELL PRINCIPLE
------------------------------
For someone who's never really said what he thinks about gay rights,
Colin Powell gets a lot of support from gay rights activists.

LAW: HATE GOES TO COURT
-----------------------
The Supreme Court hears arguments in the legal challenge to Colorado's
antigay Amendment 2.

INTERNATIONAL: MUGABE COMES CALLING
-----------------------------------
Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe gets a rebuke from the U.S. State
Department.

SOCIETY: FARRAKHAN'S BIG DAY
----------------------------
Of the men at the Million Man March on Washington, D.C., just how many 
were gay?

MEDIA: KILLING TIME
-------------------
Daytime gab goes on trial as Michigan gears up for the Jenny Jones
murder trial. Expect lots of chatter about jawboning.

SCANDAL: SEEN AND HEARD
-----------------------
Beverly Heard, the lesbian who brought down powerful politician Mel 
Reynolds, speaks out.

CRIME: SECRET LIVES
-------------------
Fear of being tagged as gay kept key witnesses in a big Chicago murder
probe quiet for decades.

BONUS SECTION: HOLIDAY PLEASURES
--------------------------------
Turn to our annual gift guide for help in making your holiday shopping
as easy and fun as--well, shopping.

CINEMA: HEAT WAVE
-----------------
Playwright Jon Robin Baitz makes his acting debut playing a gay hero in
the new film Last Summer in the Hamptons.

DEPARTMENTS
-----------
Letters
Agenda
Advocate Poll
Viewpoint: Nadine Strossen
Your Health: Katherine A. O'Hanlan, MD
Breaking Silence: Janis Ian
Reviews
The Buzz
Last Word: Bruce Bawer

ON THE COVER: Boy George photographed by Blake Little/Sygma for The
Advocate. Makeup by Paul Starr. Jacket by Paul Smith; shirt by
American Rag; hat by Patricia Underwood
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This issue goes on sale October 31, 1995 at your local newsstand or 
bookstore.

Try The Advocate for three issues--free!
----------------------------------------
Send your subscription order via e-mail to "[email-masked]".
Include your full postal mailing address in the message. You will get
the next 3 issues of The Advocate and a trial subscription. If you like
The Advocate, you'll receive the balance of a full year (26 issues) for
only $39.97. That's a $62.00 savings off the newsstand price. If you
decide The Advocate is not for you, simply return your invoice marked
"cancel" and you will owe nothing. The three issues are yours to keep.

Or you may call (800) 827-0561, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to
10:00pm Central Time. Outside the U.S., add $30 per year. The
Advocate is mailed in an opaque plastic wrapper.

Copyright 1995 Liberation Publications Inc. All rights reserved. Used
with permission. This file may be duplicated and distributed for non-
commercial purposes if it is duplicated in its entirety and this
notice is included in the file.