Subject: Advocate Issue 686 Preview
From: "Todd Ruston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 13:54:47 -0800

The Advocate * July 25, 1995 * Issue 686
                           (On Sale July 11)

                         * CLINTON'S NEW CREW
             
                          * ELVIRA AND AIDS
                     
                    * LOVE! VALOUR! RANDY BECKER!

                 * * *  C O V E R   S T O R Y  * * *

                         EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
                          CATHERINE DENEUVE

Since The Hunger Catherine Deneuve has been a luscious addition to
lesbian mythology. Now, for the first time, she reveals how she feels
about all this attention and talks about her new gay love scenes in
Child of the Night.

SOCIETY: THE AMERICAN CLOSET
----------------------------
In death, People for the American Way head Arthur Kropp is being 
portrayed as an openly gay power broker. But in life, he was anything 
but open about his sexuality.

WASHINGTON: STRAIGHT TALK
-------------------------
Marsha Scott, the president's new liaison to gays and lesbians, is a 
well-qualified, highly regarded professional. But she's also 
heterosexual.

THE MOVEMENT: INTERNATIONAL CRISIS
----------------------------------
It'll take more than a trip to the cash machine to straighten out
ILGA's latest money woes.

CONTROVERSY: THE DALEY NEWS
---------------------------
Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley talks about St. Patrick's Day parades,
gays and religion, and the future of the Democratic Party.

AIDS: DR. RIGHT
---------------
Heading President Clinton's advisory council on AIDS means fending off
controversy--and Dr. R. Scott Hitt may be just the man for the job.

POLITICS: HIRED GUNS
--------------------
Frustrated in their attempts to lobby Congress, gay and AIDS groups
are turning to consultants with Republican connections.

PEOPLE: A BOY AND HIS DOGS
--------------------------
Whether naked onstage in Broadway's Love! Valour! Compassion! or
prowling the beach in the new film Lie Down With Dogs, Randy Becker
has a passion for playing gay.

DEPARTMENTS
-----------
Letters
Agenda
Viewpoint: Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson
Your Health: Gary R. Cohan, MD
Notes From a Blond: Bruce Vilanch
Reviews
The Buzz
Last Word: Donna Minkowitz

ON THE COVER: Catherine Deneuve photographed by Andre Rau/Sygma

-----------------------------------------------------------------
This issue goes on sale July 11, 1995 at your local newsstand or 
bookstore.

Try The Advocate for three issues--free!
----------------------------------------
Send your subscription order via e-mail to "[email-masked]".
Include your full postal mailing address in the message. You will get
the next 3 issues of The Advocate and a trial subscription. If you like
The Advocate, you'll receive the balance of a full year (26 issues) for
only $39.97. That's a $62.00 savings off the newsstand price. If you
decide The Advocate is not for you, simply return your invoice marked
"cancel" and you will owe nothing. The three issues are yours to keep.

Or you may call (800) 827-0561, Monday through Friday, 7:30am to
10:00pm Central Time. Outside the U.S., add $30 per year. The
Advocate is mailed in an opaque plastic wrapper.

Copyright 1995 Liberation Publications Inc. All rights reserved. Used
with permission. This file may be duplicated and distributed for non-
commercial purposes if it is duplicated in its entirety and this
notice is included in the file.