Subject: Action Needed
From: [email-masked] with ESMTP (Apple Internet Mail Server 1.1.1); Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:49:48 -0500
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:50:08 -0500

In Sunday, July 18th's USA Week-End there is an article about Gays,
Baptists and Disney.  USA Week-End is asking your opinion about the
Southern Baptist boycott of gay-friendly Disney.  Should there be a boycott
or not?  To vote " NO, DO NOT BOYCOTT DISNEY":    dial 1-800-446-8406.

They will only accept the first 100,000 calls, and no calls will be
accepted after July 24th.  Please call and let your voice be heard.

Thanks,

Margie and Larry Candler
PFLAG Greenville, SC

======================================================

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 12:09:06 -1000
From: [email-masked] (Martin Rice)
Subject: SA 104:  From USAWeekend - Poll results on boycott issue

Aloha awakea kakou.

A couple of "head's-ups" to follow.  This one is from Kaikua`ana Ken in
Honolulu . . . .

Apparently, you oppose a boycott of Disney and 67% of your fellow Web
surfers taking this poll agree with you.

Here are the up-to-the-minute stats:
32% support a boycott of Disney.  67% oppose a boycott of Disney.

So far, 6548 USA WEEKEND visitors have weighed in with their opinion on
this topic.

Disney president Michael Eisner, in an official response to the Southern
Baptist boycott of Disney products, stated "We are proud that the Disney
brand creates more family entertainment of every kind than anyone else in
the world, and we plan to increase that production." Disney officials had
said that they would know within a week whether the boycott was having
any effect on sales, but both Disney and the Southern Baptist Convention
have been quiet about the matter since.

Check out the comments below to see what others taking this poll had to
say about this Quick Poll topic and then read a sampling of national
reaction, including quotes from Rev. Tom Eliff, president of the Southern
Baptist Convention.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Ken adds:

Check out the website if you can for more info.  Lots of interesting
comments from people.  Most of them, at least the first ones shown, are
against the boycott and in support of Disney's stand for equal rights.