Subject: Hetero editor at SF Frontiers
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 18:19:00 -0400 (EDT)

(the following >excerpt< is from the june 19 issue of SF Frontiers. it was
written by lauren hauptman, who can be reached at 415-487-6000, or check out
their webpage at www.frontiersweb.com, especially if you want a full copy of
the pathetic editorial. i think it says many bad things about the state of
gay journalism, in SF of all cities where there are plenty of qualified
QUEERS for the job. it will be interesting to see how the community reacts to
the appointment of a straight person to edit a gay paper. by the way,
hauptman's editorial in which she comes out as a heterosexual, appears in
Frontiers' "Pride Guide" issue.--MP)

Hineni, by Lauren Haputman, SF Frontiers, Outlook editorial, june 19

Answer: Because the sun rises and set on my little brother.

Question: Why is a straight woman from New York running a San Francisco gay
and lesbian newsmagazine? In fact, why the hell is straight woman from New
York even in San Francisco in the first place?

I told you: Because the sun rises and sets on my little brother.

The day Michael came out almost five years ago, my life was irrevoably
changed. The world was no longer safe for my little brother, and it was my
job to change that. No question, no hesitation, I had a brand new reason for
living. 

<<<end of excerpt>>>