Subject: Call for papers/new list (fwd)
From: Mia H H Lam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 13:33:45 -1000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 11:29:39 -1000
From: Office for Women's Research <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Call for papers/new list

>From the Staff of Matrices: A Lesbian and Lesbian Feminist Research
Newsletter:
     We have great news folks, the new issue of Matrices (Winter 1996) is hot
off the press! This issue is on Lesbian Sexualties after the 1970's including a
select and indiscreet bibliography! Included is a guide to lesbian and queer
resourses on the WWW! We know that you have been waiting patiently, and we hope
it was worth it.  For those of you who are not subscribers, subsciption
information can be found at the end of this email.

     We would like to put out a call for some help with our next issue which
will be coming out late this Spring. Our next issue will be on Lesbian Studies.
We are searching for Lesbian Studies syllabi/curriculm/reading lists etc. to
compile and give a historical analysis on how this field began and has grown in
the United States since the 1970's. If any instuctors or departments would care
to share their syllabi and will give us permission to use the syllabi and the
instructors names we would be grateful!
     The staff person to contact is Elizabeth Lund and she can be reached at any
of these various places: c/o Matrices  492 Ford Hall  U of MN. Minneapolis, MN
55455  or [email-masked]  or c/o [email-masked]  or 612-933-8057
which is her home phone number. We have collected a number of syllabi already,
but are having a hard time finding the people who put them together, so if
anyone sent their syllabi to the the National Women's Studies Lesbian Caucus
Syllabus Exchange, please let us know where you are now and how to contact you!
     Thank you and we hope to here from you soon;
                                           THE STAFF OF MATRICES

Elizabeth Lund
[email-masked]
Women's Studies Department, U of MN
Thought for the future: "Ain't I a women?"

==============================================================================
Matrices 1995 subscriptions:        Center for Advanced Feminist Studies
                                    496 Ford Hall, University of MN
 1 year      ____$ 8 U.S.           Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
(2 issues)   ____$12 International
             ____$14 Institutions   Name ______________________________
Single issue ____$4.50              Address ___________________________
                                    ___________________________________
                                    ___________________________________
[email-masked]
==============================================================================

        New list and website for Women in/and Development

        WOMENWORK is a new email list.  It deals with the issues of women
and work in the context of economic empowerment of women in developing
countries or areas of economic hardship and crisis. The purpose of the list
is to have a platform for exchange of projects, ideas, conferences, papers,
publications, discussions etc. related to that issue.  To subscribe, send
the message SUBSCRIBE WOMENWORK to [email-masked] .

        I might note that there is also a bilingual (French/English)
website, WIDNET (Women in Development Network) at
http://www.synapse.net/focusint/  .  As far as I can tell, this has no
connection to WOMENWORK.