Subject: 3 - CC "VOTER GUIDE" WATCH --
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 13:41:09 -0500

CHRISTIAN COALITION "VOTER GUIDE"  WATCH --

The attached message comes from a Tampa, Florida "c.c.watcher." 

Please forward any information that you may have on the distribution of
Christian "voter guides" to "c.c.watch" so that we can share this vital
information with people all across America. 

Here are the issues:

What about distribution of partisan materials in churches? Is that effort
going ahead as planned or are some churches dropping the materials? Can you
detect evidence of partisanship/collusion with campaigns to distribute CC
"voter guides?"  What issues are being used? Are issues important to all
voters (including CC members) being covered across the board or just a few
issues taken from a many-question questionnaire to help portray certain
candidates in the most favorable light? Does it seem that the CC is having
trouble getting volunteers to help distribute the materials, or is it
business as usual per Ralph Reed's recent statements? (Are USTP volunteers
supplanting CC "voter guides" with materials of their own? Are Catholic
churches handing out CC "voter guides" or reprinting the information in their
parish bulletins despite guidelines to the contrary?)

CC "voter guides" will be hard to come by before this weekend. But you can
try to get one and possibly uncover something that the public should be made
aware of before next Monday. Drop by some of your local churches and ask to
see a copy.  Contact your local or state CC office and ask for a copy of
their "voters guide" to be faxed to you so. 

As Christian Coalition "voter guides" and related issues/results go, so will
the Christian Coalition!

__________________________________________________________
from Tampa on 10/26/96---

I don't know if you have seen them but I have guides for the following
races: Presidential; FL US Congress, District 9, 10 13, and 14; FL Senate35;
House 47, 52, 53, 69, and 72.

The issues used to rate the Presidential candidates are as follows with
Clinton's position as reported by the CC given first and Dole's given next:

Balanced Budget Amendment  Opposes/Supports
15% Federal Income Tax Cut Opposes/Supports
Banning Partial Birth Abortion Opposes/Supports
Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Supports/Opposes
Voluntary School Prayer Amendment Opposes/Supports
Public and Private School Choice Opposes/Supports
Goals 2000/Outcome-Based Education Supports/Opposes
Homosexuals in the Military Supports/Opposes
Term Limits for Congress Opposes/Supports
FDA Regulation of Tobacco Supports/Opposes

The issues used to rate both  US Congress District 9 and 10 have "No
Response" on all the issues by the Democratic Candidate (Jerry Provenzano
(Dist 9) and Henry Green (District 10). The CC's candidates are Bilirakis
in Dist 9 and Young in Dist 10. The issues used to show them off,
followed by Bilirakis and then Young's positions are:
Balanced Budget Amendment Support/Support
Raising Federal Income Taxes Opposes/Opposes
Banning Partial Birth Abortion Supports/Supports
Taxpayer Funding in Abortion Opposes/Opposes
Homosexuals in the Military opposes/Opposes
Term Limits for Congress Supports/Supports

The issues used in US Congress 13 are different (perhaps because 
their candidate didn't look good enough or looked to bad--just a guess.)
Gordon and Miller's positions (in that order) are given after each issue:
Balanced Budget Amendment Opposes/Supports
Raising Federal Income Taxes  Supports/Opposes
Banning Partial Birth Abortion  Opposes/Supports
Taxpayer Funding of Abortion Supports/Opposes
Homosexual Adoption of Children  Supports/Opposes
Federal Government Control of Health Care  Supports/Opposes

The issues used in US Congress 14 are as follows with Goss positions
given (Nolan was given as "No Response"):
Balanced Budget Amendment Supports
Raising Federal Income Taxes  Opposes
Banning Partial Birth Abortion  Supports
Taxpayer Funding of Abortion  Opposes
Homosexuals in the Military  Opposes
Term Limits for Congress  Supports

(For more information or to subscribe to the complete, unique and timely
reportage/commentary of The "c.c.watch" Electronic News Service, call
305/751-5001. We track and report on the activities of Pat Robertson, his
many enterprises [especially the Christian Coalition], and his fellow
travelers...and then we disseminate information that the public might never
otherwise receive.)