Subject: "c.c.watch" Press Release (4/19/96)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 13:16:29 -0400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 19, 1996

"C.C.WATCH" CO-FOUNDER AND EDITOR INVITED TO TALK ABOUT THE 
CHRISTIAN COALITION & PAT ROBERTSON BY ORGANIZATIONS IN 3 STATES

"C.C.WATCH" co-founder and editor Paula Xanthopoulou has been invited to talk
about the Christian Coalition and Pat Robertson by organizations in three
states during April and May. "C.C.WATCH" is an electronic news service--begun
originally as a hardcopy newsletter in March, 1995--which tracks and reports
on the activities of Pat Robertson, his various enterprises (especially the
Christian Coalition), and his fellow travelers...core elements of the
political movement known as "the religious right." 

"C.C.WATCH" disseminates information that Americans might never otherwise
receive via the Internet. Timely reports/commentary are sent to
subscribers--including community activists, non-profit organizations, and the
media--by e-mail 4 to 5 times a week. In February "C.C.WATCH" was first to
report that the leadership of the PA Christian Coalition had split off to
form a totally new organization called the PA Coalition; the Chriatian
Coalition had to reorganize in PA, which in 1992 had been touted as a model
for state organizing.

Ms. Xanthopoulou's topic will be "The Christian Coalition Unveiled." She will
talk about what the Christian Coalition is, how it works (grassroots or top
roots?), and its current political activities. Emphasis will be on the real
agenda of the organization, its ties to its Founder and President Pat
Robertson, and the issues that will make or break the organization in coming
months. "C.C.WATCH" has tracked and documented the hypocrisy of this
so-called Christian organization as regard its questionable tax status, the
duplicity of its so-called "voter guides," its partisan support of specific
candidates (especially Bob Dole), its efforts to co-opt Catholics, and revolt
in its own ranks. The 700 Club will also be discussed--including its daily
effort to poison the minds of Americans and promote Pat Robertson's political
agenda.

Of special concern is the unwillingness of the "mainstream media" to give
these issues proper coverage and exposure--letting both Pat Robertson and
Ralph Reed off the hook on a number of key socio-political issues. Americans
need to know the truth about Pat Robertson and the Christian Coalition before
they vote on November 5th! That is the mission of  "C.C.WATCH."

Schedule of appearances:

April 22: Brandeis University National Women's Committee Study Group 
                Temple Beth-El, Hollywood, FL

April 26-28:  Resist '96, 3rd Annual Conference of Refuse and Resist!
                      City College of NY/Cathedral of St. John the Divine,
New York City

May 18: Fight the Right Network Town Hall Meeting
               Philadelphia, PA (place TBA)

May 19 : Citizens Interfaith Council for Democracy, Social Responsibility
Committee of the Unitarian
               Universalist Congregation of Erie, and Social Action Committee
of Temple Anshe Hesed
                Temple Anshe Hesed, Erie, PA

May 20 : Interfaith Coalition for Religious Pluralism
                Temple Beth Am, Abington, PA

--30--

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT "C.C.WATCH" AT 305/751-5001