Subject: Newt Gingrich Message to CC Activists
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 15:37:34 -0400

FROM “c.c.watch”--

The following is the complete text of an ACTION ALERT (9/24/96) faxed to
Christian Coalition activists nationwide just minutes ago:    

“PARTIAL-BIRTH ABORTION VETO OVERRIDE MESSAGE FROM SPEAKER NEWT GINGRICH” 

The following is a message for members of the Christian Coalition from the
Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives Newt Gingrich:

I WANT TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU, AS A LEADER IN THE CHRISTIAN COALITION, FOR
ALL YOUR EFFORTS TO BAN PARTIAL-BIRTH ABORTIONS. WITHOUT YOU, WE WOULD NOT
HAVE SUCCESSFULLY OVERRIDDEN PRESIDENT CLINTON'S VETO IN THE HOUSE.  YOUR
HELP HAS BEEN INVALUABLE.  I MUST ASK FOR YOUR HELP, THOUGH, ONE MORE TIME.
 WE CAN BAN THIS HORRIFIC ABORTION PROCEDURE ONCE AND FOR ALL IF WE CAN
OVERRIDE THE VETO IN THE SENATE.  THEY WILL VOTE ON THIS THURSDAY, WITH ALL
PROBABILITY.  WE NEED YOU EVEN MORE BECAUSE IT IS GOING TO BE AN UPHILL
BATTLE.  PLEASE HAVE ALL YOUR MEMBERS, PASTORS, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS URGE YOUR
SENATORS TO VOTE FOR THE OVERRIDE.  PLEASE CALL THE SENATE AT (202)224-3121.
 WITH YOUR PRAYERS AND HARD WORK WE CAN WIN!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR
HELP.  GOD BLESS YOU.

Please heed the speaker’s words.  We need to do all we can to urge our
senators to vote on the side of life, not on the side of infanticide.  It
looks like the vote will be Thursday, so time is running out!

ACTION: Please urge your two Senators to "vote to override the President's
veto of the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act."

Key targets (listed in alphabetical order by last name): Baucus (MT),
Bingaman (NM), Bradley (NJ), Bryan (NV), Bumpers (AR), Byrd (WV), Campbell
(CO), Chafee (RI), Cohen (ME), Dodd (CT), Feingold (WI), Glenn (OH), Graham
(FL), Harkin (IA), Hollings (SC), Jeffords  (VT), Kassebaum (KS), Query (MA),
Kohl (WI), Lautenberg (NJ), Leahy (VT), Levin (MI), Lieberman (CT), Nunn
(GA), Pell (RI), Pryor (AR), Rockefeller (WV), Simon (IL), Simpson (WY),
Snowe (ME), Specter (PA), Wellstone (MN).

REMEMBER, WE WON IN THE HOUSE BY A VOTE OF 285 to 137!!!
Capitol Switchboard (202)224-3121 or (202) 225-312. Also try 800-962-3524

(For more information or to subscribe to the complete, unique and timely
reportage/commentary of The "c.c.watch" Electronic News Service, call
305/751-5001. We track and report on the activities of Pat Robertson, his
many enterprises [especially the Christian Coalition], and his fellow
travelers...and then we disseminate information that the public might never
otherwise receive.)