Subject: now available from c.c.watch
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 1995 15:15:11 -0500

MEDIA ADVISORY 
from "c.c.watch" (keeping an eye on the Christian Coalition)
December 4, 1995

Now available from "c.c.watch": 
"There he goes again! (A book review)"
a 1000-word review of Pat Robertson's first novel, "The End of the Age,"
by Paula Xanthopoulou, editor of c.c.watch

Pat Robertson's new novel has been very highly touted...on the 700 Club--which
initially used the book in September as a fund-raising device for Operation
Blessing and the refurbishing of an L1011 aircraft. Pledge $100 and get the
book FREE!  It's a complete package--the moral decline of civilization,
man-made and natural disasters as "signs of the times," the need to harvest
500 million souls by the year 2000,  and CBN's (which took in $109 million in
contributions in 1994) need for more money for its many missions. Few
organizations are as far-reaching, efficient, and insidious as Pat Robertson
& Co.
Here is an excerpt from the review: 

" 'The End of the Age'  is not an important novel...not by any stretch of the
imagination. But it is a fairly complete catalog of The World According to
Pat Robertson. New Age religions, giving 'protective legal status to people
who practiced aberrant sex acts,' killing people through abortion, a First
Lady who wants to 'install her radical sisters in key government posts,' the
destruction of the American family, the Thuggees of India, legalized
pornography, troops in teal blue jump suits with white helmets, the Battle
for Jerusalem--it's all there. Sometimes Pat is his own worst enemy; he just
doesn't know when to stop.

It's tempting to say that "The End of the Age" is must reading. But is "The
Book" a sincere effort to get people to think about their relationship with
Jesus? Or is it just another calculated, self-serving effort aimed at giving
Pat Robertson credibility--while he twists the Bible and history to fit his
dangerous political agenda and makes yet more money to support his many
enterprises? Why buy this book when you can just tune into the 700 Club?"
(Copyright 1995 Public-Spirited Enterprises)

For INFORMATION & RATES regarding reprinting this review in your publication,
contact Public-Spirited Enterprises at 305/751-5001 or send a return message
by e-mail to the above address. Include the name of your publication, it's
frequency of publication and the circulation.

("c.c.watch" is an independent electronic news service which tracks and
reports on the activities of Pat Robertson, his enterprises, and his fellow
travelers--core elements of the political movement known as "the religious
right."  Our reports and commentary are based upon interviews, review of many
media sources including television and the Internet, research
(libraries/on-line data bases/other), mailings we receive, reports from
c.c.watchers, attending live events, etc. We deliver information that the
American public might not otherwise receive. To subscribe to "cc.watch," call
800-Watch 97.)