Subject: Pat talks to Larry King!?!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 1995 23:07:39 -0400

To: The c.c.watch Internet Network
(c.c.watch is an independent newsletter that monitors the Christian Coalition
and its fellow travelers)
Subject: Pat Robertson on Larry King Live last night
Date: October 26, 1995

If you saw Larry King Live last night you saw a confidant and relaxed Pat
Robertson fielding questions from Larry. But one must wonder why Pat would
want to appear as the founder of the Christian Coalition and former
Presidential candidate hawking a book about "The End of the Age." Was Ralph
Reed away on vacation? Did Larry King accede to the book pitch precisely to
let Pat align himself with something not exactly mainstream?

We dialed our fingers off to ask Pat a question--to no avail!

Here are some questions we would have liked Pat to answer on national
television:

1) We recently heard you call Tel Aviv "the sin capital of the world" on the
700 Club after you prayed through the so-called 10/40 Window for those
untouched by the Gospel. How then can you call yourself "the most pro-Israel
person you could meet?"

2) Tonight you said that the end of the age will come "one day." But every
day on the 700 Club you say quite certainly that it will come in 5
years...and you ask people to send you lots of money to help you harvest 500
million souls between now and then. Didn't you recently ask your 700 Club
partners, after a tremendous promotional build-up, to pledge from $100 to
$5000 to your Operation Blessing to get a copy of this new book--which now
sells in Barnes & Noble and in the Founder's Inn bookstore for $21.99? (This
question was too long but is still a good one.)

3) You said that you and Ralph Reed "work very well together." But in the
end, who's the boss? Isn't your 700 Club agenda and your Christian Coalition
agenda one in the same?

Pat told Larry that he'd like to write more fiction. And Larry's closing line
said it all: "There'll be more, if the age don't end." Did he mean the Age of
Pat Robertson?

(For more information or to subscribe to the complete c.c.watch
newsletter/Internet package call 305/751-5001)