Subject: Statement by Lou Sheldon on "nation's largest pimp"
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 00:22:10 -0500

FYI--Compliments of "c.c.watch"
(For more information or to subscribe to the "c.c.watch" News Service, call
305/751-5001)

Subject:  Regarding the House Hearings inspired by Lou Sheldon 
Date: December 15, 1995

To bring some closure to the hearings, "Parents, Schools, and Values," held
last week (Dec. 5, 6) by the House Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee
of the Economic and Educational Opportunities Committee:

1) For your community activist files, here is a complete witness list--

GOP side: William Bennett; Sandi Martinez, parent (also described as
representing Concerned Women for America), Chelmsford, MA; Nancy Maclone,
parent, East Falmouth, MA; Warren Grantham, parent, St. Paul, MN; George
Dent, professor of law, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH; and
Claire Connelly, lesbian President of Gay & Lesbian Resource Center
(described as "New-Aged styled"), Ventura County, CA; and Ann Simon, teacher,
Sommerville, MA (a witness who supports education around sexual education as
means of reducing anti-gay violence/called as a concession to Rep. Steve
Gunderson of Wisconsin).

Democratic side: Patricia Ann Baltz, CA Teacher of the year and Disney
Elementary Teacher of the Year (both in 1993); Mary Griffith, mother of gay
son who committed suicide; and Alan Storm, school administrator, Tucson, AZ.

2) So that we won't forget why this happened--even though it wasn't as bad as
it could have been--here is the complete text of a statement released by Rev.
Lou Sheldon of the Traditional Values Coalition at a press conference he gave
on December 6th in conjunction with the hearing: 

"I am joined today by concerned parents, pastors, a public school teacher
and a director of a gay and lesbian center. We all share one common concern:
the misuse of federal funds in the promotion and advocacy of homosexual
promiscuity.

Congress, with taxpayer dollars, appropriates the money that funds Centers
for Disease control, US Department of Health and Human Services and the US
department of Education, which in turn fund HIV/AIDS programs, as well as
drug and multi-cultural education. From these federal arteries, money flows
down to the local community-based community centers. These entities pay the
salaries of the homosexual activists who are then invited into the public
schools under the guise of  HIV/AIDS education, a true Trojan horse. The
phone numbers and addresses of the gay and lesbian community center, along
with sexually explicit literature, are left with the students. These centers
become recruitment agencies, using federal dollars to educate children into
the homosexual lifestyle. Some centers even pay students to attend meetings
and provide 'finder fees' to those who bring a friend. Most of this is done
without parental knowledge or permission.

The federal government is now funding more than 8,000 gay and lesbian centers
and because they are non-profit organizations, there is no accountability. As
a result, Uncle Sam has become the nation's largest pimp running a gigantic
network of whorehouses," said Rev. Sheldon.

Merry Christmas, Lou.