Subject: Frank Luntz did it more than once!!
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 1995 00:33:04 -0500

FOR YOUR INFORMATION from c.c.watch

To: The Miami Herald
Date: November 12, 1995

Dear Editors:

Your Sunday (November 12)  Page 1 story, "How poll mistated 'Contract'
support," rang true in more ways than one. We were not suprised to hear that
Frank Luntz' polling methods and promotion of the "Contract of America" were
not valid in terms of public support. Frank Luntz said that 6 of 10 Americans
supported it; now we find out that that was/is not true. 

Frank Luntz also did the polling for the Christian Coalition's so-called
"Contract with the American Family." The CC swears that all ten planks in
their "Contract" enjoys a 60-90 public approval rating. A September poll by
Peter D. Hart Research Associates says otherwise--that none of the planks get
that kind of approval, and 8 of the 10 get disapproval! A more recent CBS
News-NYTimes shows that  Republican voters are not monolithic or as swayed by
the religious conservative movemement as Ralph Reed, Gary Bauer, Paul Weyrich
and others would have us believe.

Thank you for publishing information that unmasks those who would try to make
us believe the platforms/programs of the GOP and the "religious right"
represent "mainstream America." They do not, and we must take every
opportunity to set the record straight.

Sincerely, Paula Xanthopoulou 
Editor of c.c.watch/305-751-5001
(c.c.watch is an independent newsletter which monitors the Christian
Coalition)