Subject: Christian Coalition Christmas List
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 14:45:32 -0500

Subject: Top Ten List for a Christian Coalition Christmas
From:  The "c.c.watch" News Service
Fate: December 21, 1995

Just this morning, the Christian Coalition, in another sterling example of
toproots organizing,  faxed its "list of priorities that we need the House
and Senate to firmly defend." The ACTION ALERT asked members to "please call
ALL conservative Congressman and Senators to wish them a Merry Christmas and
thank them for the long hours they have put in on assuring that the balanced
budget plan includes the $500 per child tax credit." 

Also: "Urge all Senate and House leadership to 'hang tough, don't compromise
and we're grateful for all you have done so far.' Please don't forget to wish
them a Merry Christmas, too."

Here's the verbatim list:

1. The $500 per child tax credit
2.  A permanent Hyde amendment on Medicaid reform
3.  The family cap on welfare
4.  The elimination of Goals 2000
5.  A ban on federal funding for human embryo research
6.  A stop to the mandate of ACGME to force OB/GYN medical students to
perform abortions
7.  An end to the federal mandate on states to pay for Medicaid abortions in
the case of rape or incest
8.  A ban on funding of international organizations that promote and/or
perform abortions overseas
9.  A ban on funding abortions in the District of Columbia
10.A school choice/voucher program in the District of Columbia

Just to be on the safe side: "Please call your Senators TODAY and urge them
to 'vote for a Foreign Operations Appropriations bill that prohibits money
going to organizations that promote and/or perform abortions abroad.' Key
targets: Stevens (AK), Brown (C), Biden (DE), Roth (DE), Nunn (GA), Exon
(NE), Reid (NV), Bryan (NV), Dorgan (ND), Conrad (ND), Hatfield (OR), Byrd
(WV)."

Summary:  It's the abortion thing, stupid!

(For more information or to subscribe to The "c.c.watch" News Service, call
305/751-5001.)