Subject: c.c.watch alert 9/2
From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 1995 17:26:13 -0400

ALERT

To: The "c.c.watch" Internet Network
Subject:  Focus on the Family assaults UN Fourth Conference on Women
Date: September 2, 1995

In August, Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family (FOF) wrote an 8-page
letter to 2.1 million people telling them that the UN Fourth Conference on
Women in Beijing (Sept 4-15) is "the most important topic that I've addressed
in many years." In Dobson's words, the conference "will represent the most
radical, atheistic and anti-family crusade in the history of the world, and
your own government is pulling the strings and supporting a disproportionate
share of the costs."  (He says that he has had a lot of response to that
letter, which cost FOF about $160,000.)

For the August 25th "Focus on the Family" radio show, Dobson took time out
from his vacation spot to talk by telephone with the head the FOF 5-person,
unofficial delegation to the conference. They will be "trying to create a
splash for our side" by running 2 workshops (one entitled "The Value of the
2-parent Family"), lobbying delegates to stand up to the anti-family US
government, and filing stories home to the "largest network of Christian
radio stations" plus secular radio stations in NY, Detroit, Denver, Dallas,
Los Angeles and Seattle.

You can call Focus on the Family at (800)232-6459 to ask them how to tune
into James Dobson's daily radio show, which is carried on some 2000 radio
stations.  

("c.c.watch" is an independent newsletter that monitors the "religious
right." For more information or to subscribe, call 305/751-5001. The
September issue of "c.c.watch" features additional timely information on the
national influence of James Dobson, his August letter, and Focus on the
Family--plus ongoing, thorough coverage of  Pat Robertson, the Christian
Coalition et al.)