Subject: c.c.watch ALERT 7/25
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 13:27:17 -0400

ALERT

To: The c.c.watch Internet Network/to be forwarded ASAP to Florida contacts
From: c.c.watch, an independent newsletter which monitors the Christian
Coalition and its fellow travelers
Date: July 24, 1995

Christian Coalition ED Ralph Reed recently sent a letter to Florida CC
members urging them to attend the Presidency III Convention--a political
convention and presidential preference straw poll (the largest in the nation)
to be held in Orlando on November 17-18.   A debate by the candidates will be
broadcast live on the Larry King show on Friday the 17th (9:00-10:30 PM).
 3,500 delegates are expected to attend the convention chaired by Jeb Bush
III. On Friday there will be a number of political workshops, seminars and
receptions.

Reed urged his followers to attend and to carry the banner of the so-called
"pro-family"  forces: "If you're like me, you're starting to focus on the
1996 presidential election. It is critical that candidates in both major
political parties address important pro-family issues...It is important that
the views of pro-family voters be represented at political gatherings such as
this major media event."

There will be three delegates from each county plus "bonus" delegates for
every 1,000 registered Republicans.  85% of the bonus delegates will be
chosen by lot from those who send in application cards. Applicants must have
been registered as Republicans by July 1, 1995, be present at special county
caucuses in September where the delegates will be chosen, and pay a $25 fee
if selected. 

The deadline for applying is July 31st! To get an application card contact
your local Republican County chairperson, the Republican Party of Florida at
(904)222-7920 or the CC of Florida at (407)658-7557.

(For more information or to subscribe to c.c.watch, call 305/751-5001)