Subject: Licensed to Kill - Please list
From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:17:01 -0500 (EST)

Website:  http://filmmag.com/community/adong

LICENSED TO KILL takes a riveting journey into the minds of men whose
contempt for homosexuals led them to murder.  Attacked 20 years ago by gay
bashers on the streets of San Francisco, award-winning filmmaker Arthur Dong
confronts murderers of gay men face-to-face in his film.  He asks them
directly:  "Why did you do it?" 

Sundance Film Festival, 1997
- Best Documentary Director Award -
- Filmmakers Trophy Award -

Berlin International Film Festival, 1997
- Official Selection -

Seattle International Film Festival, 1997
Philadelphia International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival, 1997
- Best Documentary Award -

PopCornQ
- TOP 10 List, 1997 -

Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times :
"A powerful investigation centering on interviews with an unnervingly candid
group of convicted murderers of homosexuals...Nothing you've heard about the
plague of violence against gay men will  lessen the shock value of this
chilling look at the real face of evil." 

Bob Blanchard, The Progressive:
"LICENSED TO KILL paints a frightening portrait of an America where
homophobia is a deeply ingrained part of life, the template rather than the
exception.  An America where hate is taught, encouraged, and passed
father-to-son, from generation to generation.  The film depicts an American
society deeply confused about sexuality, where repressed individuals are
given tacit permission to vent their frustrations by performing acts of
violence against gay Americans."  

Steven Jenkins, Detour Magazine :
"LICENSED TO KILL recalls such docs as "The Thin Blue Line" and "Brother's
Keeper" in its narrative suspense and themetic intensity. Dong's thoroughly
compelling, even necessary film will leave viewers  shaken and stirred."

"A SUPERLATIVE AMERICAN DOCUMENTARY!"  -  Toronoto Globe

1997  -  80 minutes  -  Color

Information, US:
DeepFocus Productions
213/254-7072
FAX:  213/254-7112
Email:  [email-masked]
Web site:  http://filmmag.com/community/adong

International Sales:  
Jan Rofekamp, President
Films Transit  402 East Notre Dame, Montreal, Canada  H2Y 1C8
Tel:  514/844-3358    Fax:  514/844-7298    E-mail:  [email-masked]