Subject: Study Guide for Video on Anti Gay Murders (7)
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:38:14 EST

Please Post.

LICENSED TO KILL:  STUDY GUIDE

A comprehensive study guide is now available for "Licensed to Kill," the
Sundance awarding winning film about killers of gay men.  Log into our
website, <A HREF="http://www.filmmag.com/community/adong/">LICENSED TO KILL
</A> <www.filmmag.com/community/adong>, for more information and excerpts from
the guide.

The 35-page guide is designed for use in a variety of settings such as
community organizing, diversity training sessions, courses in gender studies,
sociology, criminal law, gay and lesbian studies, psychology, and urban
studies.  It is divided into three main parts:

THEMES:  Ten sections draw attention to particular themes from the film and
suggest possible discussion topics and related research projects.  The areas
covered include:  education, religion, stereotypes, heterosexism, youth, hate
crimes, the police, society and politics.    

PROFILES:  Each of the seven men featured in "Licensed to Kill"  are profiled
in this section.  Suggestions for discussing each case are offered.

RESOURCES:  A bibliography and listing of related community groups and
internet referrals are provided.

All authorized users of LICENSED TO KILL are provided a study guide free of
charge.  

The guide was edited by "Licensed to Kill" filmmaker Arthur Dong, with
contributions from a panel of noted scholars, including:  GREGORY M. HEREK,
Ph.D. (Department of Psychology - University of California, Davis CA), PETER
M. NARDI, Ph.D. (Professor of Sociology - Pitzer College/The Claremont
Colleges CA), and ANNJANETTE ROSGA, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor of Sociology
and Anthropology - Knox College, Galesburg IL).  

Consultants on the study guide included:  Joanne Belknap, Ph.D. (Associate
Professor, Sociology & Women's Studies -  University of Colorado at Boulder),
Douglas W. Howard, Ph.D. (Professor of English - St. John Fisher College,
Rochester NY), and Patricia O'Brien, Ph.D. (Jane Addams College of Social Work
-  University of Illinois at Chicago).
  
----------------------------------------------
NOTE: If you do not wish to receive further notices from us or if you are
receiving duplicates, please reply with the message: "remove" or "duplicate."
Be sure to include the subject title and code above so that we may locate your
email address within our files.  Please be aware that you may be receiving
this notice via a link which we may not have contol over.  Thank you.

DeepFocus Productions, Inc.
P.O. Box 65095
Los Angeles CA  90065-4237
323/254-7072
Fax: 323/254-7112
Email: [email-masked]
Web:  filmmag.com/community/adong