Subject: The Motss Movie List 5.4 (long)
From: [email-masked] (Wil Leigh)
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 03:07:12 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sex.motss

==============================================================================
Version 5.4	            The Motss Video List		Updated: 04/95
==============================================================================

     Thanks for your interest in  The Motss Video List.  This  list differs
from other widely available "gay" video lists because, in addition to films
with overt motss themes,  characters, or content, this compilation includes
many non-motss films with scenes which might be of  interest to the average
gay male viewer.  (For example, the Tom Cruise Jockey short scene in "Risky
Business," or the Rob Lowe jockstrap scene in "Youngblood.")  The list does
not include adult (X-rated) material. If you think of additions or if you'd
like to discuss an entry or description, please e-mail me directly.
     The list is updated periodically to include  additions and/or changes.
New or modified entries are marked with an asterisk (*).  The list includes
MPAA ratings, where available.
     Please note, the list was compiled from a variety of sources.  Many of
the capsule reviews are not my own.  Let me know if any description or com-
ment seems inappropriate.  And remember, your comments  and suggestions are
what keep the list g(r)owing.
  
Happy viewing,
Wil.

--
Wil Leigh						 [email-masked]

==============================================================================
Version 5.4		     The Motss Video List		Updated: 04/95
==============================================================================
Note: * denotes new/updated entry.			  <[email-masked]>
==============================================================================

About Last Night...	A one-night-stand becomes something more for Rob Lowe.
(1986 R)		Numerous shots of Rob in white briefs and nearly nude.

Across the Tracks	Brad Pitt and Rick Schroder star as brothers, one a
(1991)			good kid and one a delinquent (Schroder), who find
			common ground in their love of running.

*Air Up There, The	College basketball recruiter (Kevin Bacon) journeys
(1993 PG)		to Africa and winds up coaching a small village team
			in a climactic game.  Though older, Bacon still has
			appeal.

Airborne		A displaced California teen (Shane McDermott) deals
(1993 PG)		with Cincinnati bullies.  McDermott is prime twink.
			Also with Seth Green. 

*Airheads		Musicians Brendan Fraser and Adam Sandler will do any-
(1994 PG-13)		thing to get their music on the air, even if it means
			taking an entire radio station hostage. Also features
			Judd Nelson.

All the Right Moves     Saga of a high school football star (Tom Cruise).  If
(1983 R)		you have 'freeze-frame', you can catch a glimpse of
			Tom's dick in profile as he prepares to bed his girl.

Aloha Summer		A young guy (Chris Makepeace) learns a lot about life
(1988 PG)		and friendship during a summer in Hawaii.

American Anthem		Story about a _hot_ gymnast (real-life U.S. Olympic
(1986 PG-13)		star Mitch Gaylord) and how he works for a chance to
			go to the games.  Did I mention this guy is _hot_?

American Flyers		A dropout (David Grant) and his doctor brother (Kevin
(1985 PG-13)		Costner) get to know each other during a three day
			bicycle race.
  
American Gigolo		Richard Gere makes a career of rich, older women.  No
(1980 R)		motss action, but well worth it for the frontal nudity
			of Gere!

American Heart		An ex-con (a pony-tailed Jeff Bridges) and his 14-
(1992 R)		year-old son (Edward Furlong) struggle to make a new
			life in the Pacific Northwest.  An ultimately sad but
			worthwhile film.		

American Summer, An	A teen is forced to spend a summer far from home and
(1991)			makes new friends.  One of them is BH90210's Brian
			Austin Green, who does a scene in his Jockeys.

American Tiger		Former U.S. Olympic gymnast Mitch Gaylord runs afoul
(1989)			of bad guys. A complicated plot with lots of violence,
			and a few motss themes.  Gaylord (you gotta _love_ the
			name!) is hotter than ever!

And the Band		A CDC doctor (Matthew Modine) struggles to assemble
  Played On		the facts about an emerging disease - AIDS.  Based on
(1993)			the Randy Shilts book.

Animal Instincts	A couple engage in voyeurism and blackmail.  With Max-
(1992 R)		well Caulfield and former U.S. Olympic gymnast Mitch
			Gaylord.  There is supposedly some nudity involving
			Gaylord.  Has anyone actually SEEN this movie?

Another Country		Students at an elite English boarding school become
(1984 PG)		Russian spies.  Some motss content.

Apartment Zero		Politics, murder, and sexual repression ignite when a
(1988 R)		gay cinema owner picks a mysterious stranger to be his
			roommate in Buenos Aires.  Sexual tensions develop
			between the two, but the plot actually centers around
			a new tenant and recent news headlines.

Au Revoir les		Moving story of friendship at a Catholic school in
  Enfants		France during WWII.  An excellent film with a _very_
(1988 PG)		attractive young cast.

Bachelor Party		Tom Hanks has the bachelor party to end all bachelor
(1982 R)		parties.  Silly fun, plus several shots of a shirt-
			less Adrian Zmed (Romano, from 'T.J. Hooker').
  
Bad Influence		An urban drifter (Rob Lowe) is befriended by an ultra
(1990 R)		yuppie (James Spader) and makes his life living hell.

Band of the Hand,	Good-looking 'reformed' punks wage war on urban bad
  The			guys in south Florida.  From the creators of 'Miami
(1986 R)		Vice'.

Beastmaster, The	An awesome Marc Singer parades half-naked thru the
(1982 PG)		desert as he and his animal friends take out the bad
			guys.  Singer is _absolutely gorgeous_ here!

Benny & Joon		Nice little movie with a mop-haired Johnny Depp charm-
(1993 PG)		ing his way into your heart (and Joon's).  I still
			dream about him from his '21 Jump Street' days.   :-)
 
Best Little Whorehouse	You can't beat those naked little football players
  in Texas, The		singing and dancing in the shower!  Not Academy
(1982 R)		Award material, but still _fun_.

Big Blue, The		A French boy (Jean-Marc Barr) and an Italian youth
(1988 PG)		(Jean Reno) compete in free-diving competition.  The
			guys are hot and the scenery is _beautiful_.

Big Picture, The	Kevin Bacon as a serious filmmaker whose efforts are
(1989 PG-13)		compromised in Hollywood.  There's a scene involving,
			I believe, a vacuum cleaner(!), when Kevin is fanta-
			sizing about sex.
			
Bird on a Wire		Mel Gibson and his girlfriend on the run from a cor-
(1990 PG-13)		rupt drug-dealing FBI agent.  Some nice shots of Mel
			in snug blue briefs, and some upper-torso shots of him
			in the shower.

Birdy			Disturbing tale of odd friends (Matthew Modine and
(1984 R)		Nicolas Cage) each injured, one physically, one
			mentally, in the Vietnam War.  A powerful movie, and a
			good bit of nudity for Modine.

Blown Away		Made-for-cable (HBO) thriller, notable for several
(1993 R)		shots of Corey Haim's naked buns.  And yes, they _are_
			everything you imagined!  Beautiful actor.

Blue Lagoon, The	A shipwrecked Christopher Atkins grows up, tan and
(1980 R)		nearly naked, on a desert island.  He has a girl for
			company :-( of course, but not to worry.  There's lots
			of skin, and a glimpse of his cock from time to time.

Blue Velvet		Perversely evil mystery starring Kyle MacLachlan. Kyle
(1986 R)		'wags his weenie' if you slow-mo during the scene at
			the apartment when he runs from the sofa to hide in
			the closet.  Honest  :-)

Bodies, Rest and	Quirky tale of four restless young adults in a sleepy
  Motion		Arizona town.  Worthwhile for Eric Stoltz fans, other-
(1993 R)		wise not much to see.

Book of Love		Standard teen love story, with slender and blond Chris
(1990 PG-13)		Young as resident twink.  Cute guy. Also Keith Coogan.

Boys in the Band, The	First Hollywood movie to feature male homosexuality.
(1970 R)		A straight man is the accidental guest at a birthday
			party where one each of the major gay subgroups (ex-
			cept leather) is present.

Breaking Away		Interesting movie about a local boy competing with
(1979 PG)		college snobs in a bicycle race.  No nudity, but a 
			nice-looking young cast.
			
Breaking the Rules	Three friends, one of whom is dying, embark on a
(1992)			cross-country trip.  With Jason Bateman, C. Thomas
			Howell, Jonathan Silverman.  No motss action, but use
			your imagination!

Bull Durham		Interesting and funny treatment of minor-league base-
(1988 R)		ball, with Kevin Costner and Tim Robbins.  There are
			some interesting lockerroom and shower scenes; Robbins
			in bikini underwear and a jock.

Buster and Billie	Notable for first frontal male nudity.  Jan-Michael
(1974 R)		Vincent stars.

Calendar Girl		Fifties pals in search of Norma Jean. Lots of exposure
(1993 R)		for Jason Priestley's buns and if you slo-mo the beach
			scene (when he and his pals run for the water) there
			are several frames of his (obviously long!) and free-
			swinging dick.  His co-stars are _very_ cute, too.

Caligula		Bob Guccione's porno spectacle set in 1st-century
(1980 R,NC-17)		Rome.  The 'R-rated' version is fairly tame, but the
			original is _hot_ and features some explicit motss
			sex scenes.

Campus Man		A college guy makes money selling a beefcake calender
(1987 R)		featuring his diver (and Speedo-clad) buddy.

Captain Ron		A scruffy sailor (Kurt Russel) is hired to sail a
(1992 PG-13)		yuppie family's boat.  A remarkably buff Russell does
			a scene in a _very_ brief red Speedo.

Citizen Cohn		Made-for-cable (HBO) "biographical drama" about Roy
(1992)			Cohn, the homophobic gay attorney behind much of the
			50s witch-hunts for communists and queers.

Class			Prep schoolers (Rob Lowe and Andrew McCarthy) are fast
(1983 R)		friends till a visit home reveals that the older woman
			Lowe has been bedding is McCarthy's mother!  Fun.

Clockwork Orange, A	Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of the Anthony Burgess
(1971 R)		novel about a future society terrorized by teens.
			With Malcolm McDowell.  Not for the squeamish.

Consenting Adult	Barry Tubb as a collegiate swimmer who comes out to
(1985)			his parents.  Well done for a TV movie, and Tubb is
			gorgeous.

CrissCross		In 1969 Key West, a boy steals from drug dealers to
  aka Alone Together	help his mom escape her job as a stripper.  The kid
(1992)			is a looker and spends most of the movie shirtless and
			in cut-offs. We even see his _very_ nice naked buns in
			one scene.   ;-)

Cruising		Negative film about gay murders and the cop trying to
(1980 R)		solve them.  Eventually, the cop becomes a killer him-
			self, supposedly from exposure to the New York leather
			scene.  Some interesting bar footage, though.
    
Cry-Baby		Fun John Water's camp about a teen rebel (Johnny Depp)
(1990 PG-13)		who lands in jail.  Great fun, and Depp is oh-so-sexy!

*Cutting Class		Ungainly mix of horror and satire, with a few good
(1989 R)		moments.  Notable here for the presence of Brad Pitt.

Danzon			A fascinating Mexican film about a woman in search of
(1991)			a missing friend.  Along the way she meets some _very_
			interesting characters, among them, a group of female
			impersonators and a stunningly handsome tugboat pilot.

Dazed and Confused	A movie about the 70s featuring a handsome, if largely
(1993 R)		unknown, young cast.  A fun film that's worth a look,
			_especially_ if you remember 1976.

Dead Poets Society	A good movie with a cute--but mostly unknown--young
(1989 PG)		cast.  (Except for Ethan Hawke, and Robin Williams,
			of course :-)  Dramatic boarding-school fare, and very
			well-done.

December		Prep school seniors ponder their future in the wake
(1991)			of Pearl Harbor.  This 'serious' movie never quite
			makes it, but the guys in it (Balthazar Getty, Peter
			Horton, Brian Krause, and Wil Wheaton) are nice.

Dirty Dancing		Interesting story about a teenage girl's coming-of-age
(1987 PG-13)		at a Catskills resort in 1963.  Patrick Swayze reveals
			his considerable prowess (and a bit of skin) as her
			dance instructor.

Diving In		Hot collegiate divers (Matt Adler and Matt Lattanzi)
(1991)			compete, both on and off the diving platform.  Who can
			resist a guy in a Speedo?  ;-)

Doing Time on		Made-for-TV movie about a teen learning to cope with
  Maple Drive		his homosexuality as he comes out to the rest of his
(1992)			very unusual family.

Dona Herlinda		Mexican.  To please his mother, a gay doctor marries
  and Her Son		a woman who takes his gay lover in stride.  Everyone
(1985)			lives together, and quite happily.

Doors, The		Interesting account of Jim Morrison's creativity and
(1991 R)		self-destructiveness, nicely portrayed by Val Kilmer.
			Also with Kyle MacLachlan and Kevin Dillon.

Double O Kid, The	A teen messenger (Corey Haim) transports a mysterious 
(1993 PG-13)		package.  No nudity, but Corey is gorgeous.

Early Frost, An	Made-for-TV movie about a family coming to grips with 
(1985)			an AIDS stricken son (Aidan Quinn).

Edward II		The story of Edward II and his despised low-born lover
(1991 R)		retold using modern dress and imagery.  A little hard
			to understand, and a little strange, but a worthwhile
			movie to see.

Enormous Changes at	Several vignettes, one starring a young and sexy
  the Last Minute	Kevin Bacon as a cab driver who becomes romantically
  aka Trumps		involved with a passenger.  Kevin shows some skin,
(1983)			and there's a cameo by the twink from the 'Fame' TV
			series, Carlo Imperato. 

Europa Europa		Foreign.  During WWII a young Jew takes refuge at a
(1991 R)		boys' school.  The young actor is cute, and occasion-
			ally naked, and there are some motss overtones.  Based
			on a true story.

Fame			Movie version of what went on to become a popular TV
(1980 R)		series about the students at New York's High School
			for the Performing Arts.  With the exception of Gene
			Anthony Ray, not much cross-over in cast, but still
			worth a look.

*Farm, The		A boy (Wil Wheaton) struggles to save his family's
(1987 R)		farm from evil.  Brief glimpse of Wil in his Jockeys.

Fast Getaway		Corey Haim stars as a lad who masterminds bank heists
(1991)			for his dad.  Corey is cute as ever, and appears in
			drag during one hold-up scene.

Fast Times at		Account of teen life based on the observations of a
  Ridgemont High	young writer posing as a student.  Featuring Eric
(1982 R)		Stoltz and Sean Penn, who's a riot as the drugged-out
			surfer dude. 

Flamingo Kid, The	Matt Dillon as a cabana boy at a swank country club.
(1984 PG-13)		There's a brief scene where he gets hit on by a male
			guest, but nothing happens.  :-(

Footloose		A city kid (Kevin Bacon) moves to the farmbelt, and
(1984 PG)		makes waves challenging the 'no dance' policy.  This
			movie made Kevin a star.  And in addition to being
			cute, the boy can dance!
			
*For Ladies Only	Predictable made-for-TV beefcake trash about an actor
(1981)			(Gregory Harrison) turned Chippendale-type dancer.
			Several nice scenes if you're into male strippers.

Fox and His Friends	German, with subtitles.  R.W. Fassbinder film about a
(1975)			working class gay man who is victimized for both his
			sexual _and_ social status.  Some frontal nudity.
			Different and interesting.

Foxes			Realistic story of 4 teenage girls coming-of-age in
(1980 R)		LA.  With Sally Kellerman and Jodie Foster.  Notable
			here for the presence of a young Scott Baio.

*Fraternity Row		Real USC frat members appear in this story of a '50s 
(1977 PG)		hazing gone awry.  With Gregory Harrison.  (And better
			than it sounds.) 

Friday the 13th		The first group of horny teens are dying to reopen
  (Part I)		Camp Crystal Lake.  Among them is Kevin Bacon, who at
(1980 R)		least manages to show us his blue bikini before he
			gets impaled.

Gallipoli		Two Australian buddies volunteer for duty in WWI.  A
(1981 PG)		fine (and serious) movie, with Mel Gibson heading a
			good-looking young cast.  Some very brief underwater
			nudity.

*Gate, The		Two teens discover a hole in the earth that leads to
(1987 PG-13)		Hell.  Good special effects.  With Stephen Dorff.

Gleaming the Cube	Christian Slater as a skateboarder out to find his
(1989 PG-13)		adopted brother's killer.  Lots of skateboarding, and
			skateboarding dudes, dudes.
			
Grandview, U.S.A.	A young C. Thomas Howell gets involved with an older
(1984 R)		gal (Jamie Lee Curtis) who runs the local demolition
			derby.  Much better than it sounds.

Gymkata			Former Olympic star Kurt Thomas portrays a gymnast
(1985 R)		on a diplomatic mission in a far off country.  The
			plot is abysmal; Thomas is _hot_!

Hard to Hold		Can pop idol Rick Springfield find happiness with a
(1984 PG)		cultured school teacher?  Who cares?  Rick is _cute_
			and the _only_ reason for watching this one.
    
Hardbodies		A laid-back young beach stud (Grant Kramer) is hired
(1984 R)		by a group of middle-aged businessmen to help them
			attract women.  Kramer has looks to-drool-for!

Hardcore		A father (George C. Scott) scours the seamy urban
(1979 R)		underworld of porn and prostitution in search of his
			daughter.  A few interesting scenes.

*Harrad Experiment,	Dated but fun tale of a college that encourages sex-
  The			ual expression among its students.  Worth it for a
(1973 R)		look at a young, ruby-lipped (and super-twinkish) Don
			Johnson.

Harry and Son		A tough, no-nonsense father (Paul Newman) with a laid-
(1984 PG)		back dreamer of a son (Robby Benson).  Not a bad film,
			and Benson is cute as ever.

Haunted Summer		English literary legends do the drug and sex 'thing'
(1988 R)		circa 1816.  Eric Stoltz and Alex Winter.  Some full
			frontal nudity.
			  
Heathers		A nifty little black comedy wherein Christian Slater
(1989 R)		and a female accomplice bump off ditzy high schoolers.
			Some light motss content when they do-in two football
			studs and make it look like a lovers' quarrel.  (Well,
			I said _black_ comedy :-)

Heavenly Kid, The	Silly story of a popular teen (killed in a 1960s hot-
(1985)			rod race) sent back to earth to help a 1980s high
			school nerd.  Jason Gedrick makes it worthwhile. 

*High Mountain		Made-for-TV movie about a group of rangers who have
  Rangers		their hands full in the rugged High Sierra.  Brothers
(1987)			Shane and Chris Conrad make it worth a look.

Hollywood Knights, The	Harmless (by today's standards) tale of California
(1980 R)		badboys on Halloween night, 1965.  Features a _young_
			Tony Danza.

Homework		Teen sex comedy involving an affair between a cute
(1982 R)		young guy (Michael Morgan) and his girlfriend's mom.
			If you can stomach Joan Collins as the 'older woman',
			Morgan is _definitely_ worth a look.

Hot Moves		Predictable teen sex comedy, notable here for the
(1985 R)		small role played by Gerardo Mejia, better known 
			simply as 'Gerardo', the drop-dead gorgeous Latino
			singer/dancer of 'Rico Suave' fame.  He's not as hot
			or as buff as in his music videos, but he's worth a
			look.

Hotel New Hampshire,	Story of a dysfunctional, hotel-owning family, with
  The			Rob Lowe bedding an older woman, and sometimes showing
(1984 R)		us his briefs.  There are some incestuous overtones
			with a young Jodie Foster (his sister), and some good
			scenes featuring Matthew Modine.

Hunk			A nerd awakens with the body of a 'hunk.'  Mindless, 
(1987)			but fun.  Featuring John Allen Nelson.

If Looks Could Kill	A teen (Richard Greico) gets involved in espionage
(1991 PG-13)		through a case of mistaken identity.  Some very nice
			scenes of a _very_ buff Greico in his Jockeys!

Inside Monkey		Quirky comedy about a neurotic Hollywood screenwriter
  Zetterland		(Steve Antin), his mother (a soap opera prima donna),
(1992 R)		and his extended homosexual family.  Some dark humor,
			but always tastefully done.

Into the Sun		An actor (Anthony-Michael Hall) lives and flies with 
(1992)			an ace fighter pilot (Michael Pare).  There is some
			motss groping in the cockpit, supposedly uninten-
			tional, but I wonder.   :-)
 
Johnny Be Good		A high school quarterback (Anthony-Michael Hall) is
(1988 PG-13)		wooed by college scouts.  Hall bulked-up for the role
			and looks _quite_ buff, though there's no real nudity.
			Robert Downey, Jr. plays his best bud.

Johnny Suede		Offbeat tale of a guy with _very_ tall hair (Brad
(1992 R)		(Pitt) who only wants to play rock 'n roll.  He also
			spends a lot of time in his tattered Jockeys.

Joseph Andrews		18th-century costume tale about a footman (Peter
(1977 R)		Firth) who is the object of his Lady's lustful desire.
			Many nude scenes with the blond and slender Firth.

*Judgement Night	Four friends make a wrong turn and end up hunted by a
(1993 R)		psychopath.  Lots of guns.  With Emilio Estevez and
			Brendan Fraser.

Kalifornia		A yuppie couple on a cross-country car trip unwitting-
(1993 R)		ly pick up a psycho (Brad Pitt) and his girlfriend.
			Also with David Duchovny.

Killer Klowns from	One of those it's-so-bad-it's-good slasher flicks,
  Outer Space		most notable for the cast, including Grant Kramer
(1988)			and John Allen Nelson.

King of the Mountain	Harry Hamlin vehicle (pun intended) about a badboy who
(1981)			races cars in the California hills.  The young Harry
			is quite the looker.

Kiss of the Spider	A gay prisoner (William Hurt) falls in love with the
  Woman			revolutionary (Raul Julia) he's supposed to be spying
(1985 R)		on for the prison authorities.

Kuffs			Action/comedy about a cop (Christian Slater) on the
(1992 R)		trail of the hitman who killed his brother.  Worth a
			look for Christian Slater fans.

*Last American		Uneven look at teen travails, with lots of crude
  Virgin, The		comedy and a cynical ending.  Worth a look for Steve
(1982 R)		Antin fans.

*Last Prostitute,	Made-for-cable movie about two 60's teens who search
  The			out a famous prostitute for you-know-what.  With Wil
(1991 PG-13)		Wheaton.

Last Summer		Surprisingly good (and _sexy_) tale of quirky teens
(1969 R)		summering at the seashore.  Richard Thomas was quite
			the twink, as was a young Bruce Davison.
			
Law of Desire		Spanish.  Screwball comedy about a gay film director,
(1987)			his transsexual brother, and two of his young lovers.
			With Antonio Banderas.  Directed by Pedro Almodovar.

Less Than Zero		A bored generation-X'er (Robert Downey, Jr.) does
(1987 R)		drugs, flirts with motss (though not as much as in the
			novel this was based on) and generally drives his
			friends crazy.  With Andrew McCarthy, James Spader,
			and Brian Wimmer.

License to Drive	Typical farce about a teen (Corey Haim) getting his
(1988 PG-13)		driver's license.  No nudity, but a must for Haim
			fans.

Lifeguard		Better-than-you'd-think story of an 'aging' lifeguard,
(1976 PG)		nicely portrayed by Sam Elliott. Lots of beach scenes,
			plus a young Parker Stevenson.
  
Like Father, Like Son	A teen (Kirk Cameron) switches bodies, but not brains,
(1987 PG-13)		with his surgeon dad (Dudley Moore).  Kirk is cute,
			especially running around the track in his jogging
			shorts.  Sean Astin plays his friend.

Little Darlings		The boys' summer camp is just across the lake from
(1980 R)		the girls' summer camp.  Guess what happens?  :-)
			Worth the rental for some _nice_ shots of a young Matt
			Dillon in his Jockeys.

Little Nikita		A typical American kid (River Phoenix) finds out that
(1988 PG)		his parents are actually Soviet agents.  Not one of
			River's better roles, but if you're a fan . . .
  
Living End, The		Two fatalistic boys, one a psycho cutie, the other a
(1991 R)		lover of Godard movies, discover they're HIV positive
			and set off on an unplanned, unhinged cross-country
			spree of violence and abandon.  Lots of erotic gay
			sex (for a "mainstream" movie.)

Looking for Mr.		Psychological thriller with some motss content, but
  Goodbar		_really_ worth it for the shots of Richard Gere doing
(1977 R)		push-ups in his jockstrap. 

Longtime Companion	A moving 'American Playhouse' production about the
(1990 R)		tragic effect of AIDS on the gay community.  With
			Bruce Davison.

Lord of the Flies       This remake of the 1963 original features lots of
(1990 R)		youngsters cavorting in loin cloths and white jockeys,
			including Balthazar Getty.

Losin' It		Mindless teen comedy about 4 high school lads looking
(1983 R)		to lose their virginity on a trip to Tijuana. A chance
			to see Tom Cruise before he became a big star.

Lost Boys, The		A sort of punk-vampire film about the undead on motor-
(1987 R)		cycles. Notable for its cast, including: Jason Patric,
			Corey Haim, Corey Feldman, and Kiefer Sutherland.

Lost Language of	A middle-class British family is thrown into turmoil
  Cranes, The		when the son announces he's gay. Based on the David
(1992)			Leavitt novel.

Lucas			Appealing film about a small but gutsy 14-year-old
(1988 PG-13)		(Corey Haim) who falls for the new girl in town.  Much
			better than it sounds.

Mad Max			Post apocalypse Australia with a young Mel Gibson as
(1979 R)		a cop in leather.  A _lot_ of mindless violence, but
			Gibson is yummy!

Making Love		Harry Hamlin and a young Michael Ontkean as gay lovers
(1982 R)		--how can you beat it!  (The kissing scene was some-
			what controversial at the time.)  Good movie, but too
			bad it's not more uplifting.

Mala Noche		A young gay grocery clerk falls for an illegal alien
(1985)			Mexican teen who doesn't share his feelings.  Directed
			by Gus van Sant (My Own Private Idaho).

Malice			Medical thriller starring Alec Baldwin.  Alec has some
(1993)			chest and butt shots, great if you like 'em hairy :-)

Man Without a Face,	Mel Gibson (in the title role) tutors a young guy
(1993)			(Nick Stahl) seeking admission to a military school.
			A scene with Stahl in his briefs causes all sorts of
			speculation (incorrect) about Gibson's intentions.

Masquerade		Quirky little mystery starring the 'unreformed' ;-)
(1988 R)		Rob Lowe.  Rob has some good butt shots, and Doug
			Savant (Matt on Melrose Place) sports some well-filled
			Jockeys.  Nice looking guys.

Matador			Spanish.  A stylish murder mystery with a plot _too_
(1986)			complicated to reveal here.  Some motss content, and
			some _very_ handsome actors.  Directed by Pedro
			Almodovar.

Maurice			A James Ivory film.  Two upper-crust English school
(1987 R)		lads are drawn to one another, but one wants to keep
			things platonic.  Then a simple but honest servant boy
			comes along and things get _very_ hot, _very_ fast.
			Hugh Grant, James Wilby.  Some motss kissing and a bit
			of frontal nudity.

*Mechanic, The		Charles Bronson trains a next-generation hit-man, 
(1972 PG)		nicely portrayed by a young Jan-Michael Vincent. No
			nudity, but Jan-Michael looks good.

*Medicine Hat		Made-for-TV movie about a boy who runs away to become
  Stallion, The		a Pony Express rider.  With Leif Garrett.
(1977)

Memphis Belle		A story of WWII bomber crews, and a veritable who's
(1990 PG-13)		who of hunky actors, among them Sean Astin, Matthew
			Modine, Eric Stoltz, and D.B. Sweeney.  There's
			even Harry Connick, Jr.!

Midnight Express	True story of a young American (the late Brad Davis)
(1978 R)		in a Turkish prison. Some motss themes, including a
			steamy showerroom scene.

Mike's Murder		A young woman unravels the mystery of her handsome 
(1984 R)		lover's sudden death.  His background includes a motss
			relationship with an older man.  

*Murder in New		Lurid made-for-TV movie about a young teacher who
  Hampshire		manipulates her teenaged pupil and lover (Chad Allen)
(1992)			into killing her husband.

My Beautiful		Race, social class, and sex are some of the issues
  Launderette		dealt with when a British street punk and a young
(1986 R)		Pakistani entrepreneur fall in love.

My Bodyguard		Nifty little story about a young high school kid 
(1980 PG)		(Chris Makepeace) dealing with bullies.  A youthful
			Matt Dillon is the 'head' bully.  Actually, a good
			movie.

My Own Private Idaho	How can you beat a movie with both River Phoenix and
(1991 R)		Kenau Reeves!  River plays a gay hustler, and Keanu,
			his bisexual friend.  As the movie opens, we get to
			watch a close-up of River's face as he receives a BJ!

My Tutor		Matt Lattanzi as a bored rich kid whose dad hires a
(1983 R)		live-in tutor.  Lattanzi is hot poolside, and there
			are a couple of fairly sultry sex scenes.
			
Naked Lunch, The	_Very_ peculiar film based (loosely?) on the Wm. S.
(1992 R)		Burroughs novel.  Some motss content, but _not_ for
			the squeamish.

Name of the Rose, The	A really good movie.  And best of all, it features a
(1986 R)		sex scene involving a very young Christian Slater.  He
			portrays a young monk who loses his virginity (and
			how!) to a peasant girl.

Newsies			Disney live-action musical based on an actual strike
(1992 PG)		by newsboys in New York at the turn of the century.  A
			good-looking young cast, featuring Christian Bale.

Night in Heaven, A	Christopher Atkins as a care-free college student who 
(1983 R)		is also a male stripper.  Chris has a _nice_ body and
			doesn't mind showing it.   ;-)

Night in the Life of	River Phoenix as a horny high schooler.  One scene has
  Jimmy Reardon, A	him fumbling with himself (warm-up that slo-mo!) as he
(1988 R)		tries to make it with his girl.  (Some viewers claim
			River flashes his weenie, others say no.)

Nightmare on Elm	Who's the hot little twink sprawled across the bed?
  Street, A		Is it?  Could it be?  Yes, it's a young and _hot_
(1984 R)		Johnny Depp!

Norman...Is That You?	A butch gay black youth is in love with a nelly white
(1976)			youth, and the black youth's parents (Pearl Bailey,
			Redd Foxx) are about to have heart attacks. Good campy
			fun.

North Shore		A youth (Matt Adler) can't decide between an art
(1987 PG)		career in New York and riding the waves in Hawaii.
			Lots of buff surfers, and the ever-buff Gregory
			Harrison.

Officer and a		Box-office hit about the basic training of a Navy
  Gentleman, An		pilot (Richard Gere).  No memorable nudity, but the
(1982 R)		youngish Gere is a joy to watch.

Oh, What a Night	Corey Haim as a country youth seduced by an older
(1992 PG-13)		woman in 1955 Ontario.  Not bad.

Outsiders, The		Nothing good happens when teen gangs rumble in the
(1983 PG)		sixties.  Actually, a good movie, based on the S.E.
			Hinton novel.  Half the famous hunks in Hollywood are
			in this one, before most were famous.  Featuring: Tom
			Cruise, Matt Dillon, Emilio Estevez, Leif Garrett,
			C. Thomas Howell, Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio, and Patrick
			Swayze.  Yum!
 
Over the Edge		Rebellious middle-class teens turn to vandalism, drugs
(1979 PG)		and sex.  A _young_ Matt Dillon fills the role to
			perfection.

Parenthood		Steve Martin comedy-drama about the joys and perils of
(1989 PG-13)		raising kids.  Notable here for the presence of Keanu
			Reeves, who does a scene in his Jockey shorts.

Paradise		Fairly blatant 'Blue Lagoon' knockoff starring Willie
(1982 R)  		Aames. He's tan and fairly buff as he leads his damsel
			through the desert, but he's not as hunky as Atkins.

Pauline at the Beach	French.  A look at the love affairs of vacationers on
(1983 R)		the Normandy coast.  Young Pauline hooks up with a 
			_very_ cute French lad.

Pirate Movie, The	Big screen adaptation of 'The Pirates of Penzance'
(1982 PG)		with cute-as-ever Christopher Atkins as the main
			swashbuckler.  Not a lot of skin, but I still drooled.

Point Break		A young FBI agent infiltrates a gang of surfers. Keanu
(1991 R)	  	Reeves is hot as ever, and there a couple of hot shots
			of him in bed with his jeans unbuttoned.

Poison			Three intermingled stories exploring patricide, horror
(1991)			films, and sex in a men's prison.  Artsy, but very
			_erotic_.  Based on the writings of Jean Genet.

Porky's		Adolescent jokes and pranks highlight this amusing
(1982 R)		comedy series about teens at a Florida high school in
			the 50s.  A largely unknown but good-looking young
			cast.  Also, Porky's II (1983 R) and Porky's Revenge
			(1985 R).

Power of One, The	An English orphan (Stephen Dorff) in South Africa is
(1992)			taught to think and box, and becomes a champion of
			the people.  Young Dorff is good AND good-looking.  

Prayer of the		Futuristic Corey Haim vehicle about life in the not-
  Rollerboys		too-distant future.  The mood is bleak, but there are
(1991 R)		some interesting sex scenes with Haim (though very
			little nudity.)

Private Lessons		A shy 15-year-old boy (Eric Brown) is seduced by the
(1981 R)		family's attractive housekeeper.  Frequent nudity.

Private Resort		A couple of horny teens (Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow)
(1985 R)		romp at a swanky resort.  Some great shots of a very
			young-looking Depp's _naked_ buns!

Private School		Teen romp concerning two private high schools, one
(1983 R)		for girls, one for boys.  Need I say more?  Matthew
			Modine makes it worth watching.

Pump up the Volume	Quirky (and sexy) Christian Slater operates a pirate
(1991 R)		radio station in the uptight suburbs.  No nudity, but
			still worth a look.

Pyrates			Interesting Kevin Bacon vehicle.  The premise:  when
(1991)			he and his mate have sex, the heat is so intense they
			generate fire, literally.  Lots of skin in this one,
			but no frontal nudity of Kevin.  Natch.   :-(
  
Querelle		German, with subtitles.  R.W. Fassbinder directed this
(1982)			tale of a devastatingly handsome gay sailor (Querelle)
			who is also a cold-hearted killer.

Quicksilver		Kevin Bacon as a hard-working bicycle messenger. There
(1986 PG)		are much worse things than seeing Kevin in tight lycra
			shorts.  :-)

Rapid Fire		A student (Brandon Lee) and a cop work together to
(1992)			bring down drug lords (yawn).  Standard, lame plot,
			but Lee is oh-so-hot, and this movie also features
			Dustin Nguyen, the Vietnamese twink from '21 Jump
			Street'.

Real Genius		A bright but lazy college kid (Val Kilmer), a boy
(1985 PG)		wonder (Gabe Jarrett), and others race to stop a
			professor's plan to use their research to develop a
			super weapon.  Pretty cute movie with some pretty
			cute guys.

*Reality Bites		Recent college graduate struggles to start her career
(1994 PG-13)		as she's torn between two young men, slacker/musician
			Ethan Hawke and yuppie Ben Stiller.  Fun movie.

*Rebel Without		Dated but forceful story of 50's teen angst.  Does
  a Cause		anyone know if James Dean and Sal Mineo ever had a
(1955)			thing?  Let's hope so!

Return to the Blue	Not quite as much skin as its predecessor, but Brian
  Lagoon		Krause is still _very_ nice.  A no-brainer, but it's
(1991 R)		hard to resist a twink like Krause in a loincloth.

Risky Business		Sort of a 'Home Alone' for the senior high set.  But
(1983 R)		Tom Cruise is _young_ and dancing around in his Jockey
			shorts.  Actually, not a bad movie.

River Runs Through	Beautifully photographed saga of two very different
  It, A			(and beautiful) brothers, Brad Pitt and Craig Sheffer.
(1992 PG)		Tom Skerritt is the stern father.  Wanna join the
			family?   ;-)

River's Edge		Brooding tale of maladjusted teens, insanity, drugs
(1986 R)		and murder.  Keanu Reeves makes it a keeper, though,
			and it's actually better than it sounds.

Road Warrior, The	In post apocalypse Australia, a young Mel Gibson
  aka Mad Max II	reprises his role as a policeman in leather.  Yum!
(1981 R)

Rocky Horror		Campy farce about a stranded young couple seeking
  Picture Show, The	shelter in the castle of Dr. Frank 'n' Furter (Tim
(1975 R)		Curry), a Transylvanian transvestite.  Great fun.

Rooftops		Fairly predictable tale of gangs and urban teen angst.
(1989 R)		Jason Gedrick makes it worth watching.

Room with a View, A	Oscar-nominated, Merchant-Ivory vehicle featuring 
(1986)			several attractive young actors (among them Julian
			Sands) frolicking nude while "going for a bathe" at
			one point.

Rudy			The fact-based story of a would-be college football
(1993)			player (Sean Astin) who works for a chance to play at
			his beloved Notre Dame.  Alas, no lockerroom nudity,
			but Astin is still appealing.
  
Rumble Fish		The disillusionment of a street punk (Matt Dillon)
(1983 R)		after the downfall of his idolized older brother
			(Mickey Rourke).  Based on the S.E. Hinton novel.
			Also features Nicolas Cage and Christopher Penn.

Running on Empty	Interesting plot about a teen (River Phoenix) whose
(1988 PG-13)		politically radical parents have been on the run for
			15 years.  One of River's better performances.

Salsa			Ex-Menudo member Robby Rosa dances up a storm in this
(1988 PG)		obvious "Dirty Dancing" knock-off.  Harmless fun.

Scenes from the Class	Two houseboys (Ray Sharkey and Robert Beltran) make
  Struggle in Beverly	a bet as to who will be the first to seduce one's
  Hills			female boss.  The pay-off involves some motss action.
(1989 R)		Interesting. 

School Ties		Anti-semitism at boarding school, with a bunch of
(1992 PG-13)		hunky football players, one interesting shower scene,
			and Brendan Fraser's cute butt!

She's Having a Baby	A yuppie (Kevin Bacon) works at becoming a new father.
(1988 PG-13)		Some nice shots of Kevin in some _very_ well-filled
			briefs.

Shipwrecked		A young lad (Stian Smestad) finds refuge on an exotic
(1991 PG)		island after his ship is wrecked in a storm.  Young
			Smestad is a Scandanavian beauty, but alas, no nudity.

Side Out		Finally a serious movie about volleyball!  Lots of
(1990 PG-13)		action on the beach, with C. Thomas Howell and Peter
			Horton, plus a ton of _real_ pro volleyballers.    

Sidekicks		A bullied high school nerd (Jonathan Brandis) fanta-
(1993 PG)		sizes about his martial-arts master, Chuck Norris.  It
			isn't THAT kind of fantasy, but Brandis fans will like
			it.

Singles			A tale of west coast generation-X'ers, notably a
(1992 PG-13)		long-haired Matt Dillon, plus Peter Horton, Eric
			Stoltz, and Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder.  
			
Spetters		Subtitled.  Paul Verhoeven film.  Relatively enter-
(1980)			taining, with some nude young men, including a
			particularly memorable penis-comparing scene.

Spike of Bensonhurst	Sasha Mitchell (of 'Step by Step' fame) stars as a
(1988 R)		promising young boxer.  Better than it sounds.

St. Elmo's Fire		Recent college grads sort out their lives and love
(1985 R)		affairs.  Some nudity.  With Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez,
			Andrew McCarthy and Judd Nelson.

Stand By Me             Three young buddies (River Phoenix, Wil Wheaton, and
(1986 R)		Jerry O'Connell) embark on an adventure.  We all know
			how River and Wil turned out, but the lesser known
			O'Connell has also become _quite_ the stud.

Staying Together	Three brothers try to take over and run the family
(1989 R)		business after their father's unexpected death.  The
			youngest is Sean Astin, looking good as usual.

Stuff, The		Ridiculous plot about mind-controlling yogurt (!) but
(1985 R)		it features real-life brothers Brian and Scott Bloom.
			These guys have the most _dazzling_ eyes I've ever
			seen!  Yogurt, anyone?   ;-)

Summer School		An indifferent high school teacher (Mark Harmon)
(1987 PG-13)		becomes interested and involved in the lives of his
			students, one of whom (Ken Olandt) works as a male
			stripper.

Swing Kids		American big-band jazz fascinates a group of young
(1993 PG-13)		German friends confronted by the Nazis.  With Robert
			Sean Leonard and Christian Bale.

Sword of Gideon		Made for TV movie with an _excellent_ shot of Steven
(1986)			Bauer's crotch as he gets out of the car to visit
			Golda Meir.

Tarzan, the Ape Man	This looks more like a pin-up calender than a Tarzan
(1981 R)		movie, but Miles O'Keeffe makes one _hunky_ ape man!
			
Taxi zum Klo		German.  Story of a promiscuous gay man and his mono-
(1981)			gamous lover.

Tex			Two adolescent brothers grow up in rural Oklahoma
(1982 PG)		without parental support.  Another adaptation of an
			S.E. Hinton novel, starring Matt Dillon.

Thelma & Louise		Female 'buddy' movie, notable here for the presence
(1991 R)		of Brad Pitt.  If this guy doesn't get your heart
			rate up, call 911 :-)

Thing Called Love,	River Phoenix stars in his last role as one of four 
  The			young country performers seeking fame in Nashville.
(1993 PG-13)		Also with Dermot Mulroney.

Threesome		Humorous, accurate movie about a gay college student
(1994 R)		(Josh Charles) just coming out of the closet who gets
			involved in a menage a trois with his roommates (Lara
			Flynn Boyle and Stephen Baldwin.)  A couple of butt
			shots of Baldwin and Charles.

This Boy's Life		Sensitive tale of a boy (Leonardo DiCaprio) coming
(1993 R)		of age and learning to deal with an abusive step
			father.  He also has a young motss friend and admirer.

Tie Me Up!  Tie Me	Spanish.  _Very_ offbeat story about a handsome ex-
  Down!			mental patient who kidnaps a beautiful porno actress
(1991 NC-17)		and ties her up and beats her until she falls in love
			with him!  Billed as a "romantic comedy".  Directed by
			Pedro Almodovar.

Tiger's Tale, A		Offbeat story of small town America, with C. Thomas
(1987 R)		Howell starring as a guy who gets his girlfriend's
			mother pregnant!  Also features blond twink William
			Zabka, of 'Karate Kid' and 'Equalizer' fame.

Tim			Features a young Mel Gibson as Tim, a slow-witted but 
(1979)			big-hearted Australian lad.  A nice adaptation of the
			excellent Colleen McCullough novel.

*Tombstone		Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp in the legendary gunfight
(1994 R)		at the OK Corral.  With Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday,
			and Jason Priestley as a "tastefully" underplayed gay
			character.  Not bad for a mainstream Western.

Tomcat: Dangerous	A genetic experiment yields startling results for a
  Desires		terminally ill dancer (Richard Greico).  Greico is
(1993 R)		_very_ buff and sports longish hair.
			
Top Gun			Lots of action, a _hot_ volleyball game, and some nice
(1986 PG)		shots of naval fighter pilots (Tom Cruise, Val Kilmer,
			and Rick Rossovich) in tight whites and towels.

Top Secret		Great spoof of WWII spy movies, from the directors of
(1984 PG)		"Airplane".  No nudity, but lots of exposure for male
			lead Val Kilmer.  Silly fun.

Torch Song Trilogy	Funny and sad story about the life and loves of drag
(1988 R)		queen, Harvey Fierstein.  Matthew Broderick and Brian
			Kerwin have a cosy scene in a hayloft... they even
			kiss.  Imagine that!
  
Toy Soldiers		Sean Astin and Wil Wheaton lead the resistance when
(1991 R)		their military school is overrun by bad guys.  Lots
			of hunky high-schoolers in briefs, and a _nice_ shot
			of Sean Astin's naked buns.

Tribute			Jack Lemmon and Robby Benson star as a father and son
(1980 PG)		trying to rebuild a relationship.  A good movie, and
			Benson has a long scene wearing nothing but tight
			_and_ well-filled briefs.

Up the Academy		Another teen military school farce, but this one has
(1980 R)		an unusually cute cast, including Robert Downey, Jr.
			and Ralph Macchio.

Vision Quest		Matthew Modine portrays a young wrestler who also
(1985 R)		works as a bellhop.  Some nice lockerroom scenes,
			and a funny one where a male guest tries to cop a
			feel.
 
War Party		Friends (Billy Wirth and Kevin Dillon) must run from
(1989 R)		the law when an old West re-enactment turns to real
			violence.  Wirth is absolutely breathtaking as a
			native American, and Dillon as his best friend.
  
Warm Summer Rain	Offbeat film about a _very_ strange couple who get
(1989)			married and set-up housekeeping in an abandoned house.
			Some _very_ nice shots of Barry Tubb in _tight_ briefs
			(or is it panties?  You decide.)
			
Wedding Banquet, The	A gay Taiwanese immigrant with a live-in male lover
(1993)			agrees to marry a woman to please his "traditional" 
			parents.  A sexy and intelligent comedy.

Weird Science		A couple of cute guys (Anthony-Michael Hall and Ilan
(1985 PG-13)		Mitchell-Smith) conjure up their very own woman.  Some
			interesting scenes, one with all three in a shower;
			another when Ilan awakens wearing panties and gives
			the camera several good looks at 'em.

Wet and Wild Summer!	The Australian setting and scenery (Speedos!) save
(1992 R)		this otherwise laughable beach farce.  It also stars
			Christopher Atkins, who is still pretty buff.

*What's Eating		Johnny Depp in a winning performance as a nice young
  Gilbert Grape?	man in a boring town, taking care of his obese mother
(1994 PG-13)		and retarded brother (Leonardo DiCaprio.)  No nudity,
			but Depp and DiCaprio put in fine performances.

Where the Day Takes	Great film about life on the streets, featuring
  You			homeless kids and actors.  Balthazar Getty plays a
(1992 R)		kid who turns tricks to survive.  Also features
			Sean Astin and Christian Slater.

*White Fang		Jack London tale of a young prospector (Ethan Hawke)
(1991 PG)		in search of his late father's Alaskan claim.  Nice
			adventure story with beautiful scenery (and not just
			Ethan. :-)

White Water Summer	A no nonsense counselor (Kevin Bacon) leads a group
(1987)			of troubled teens on a wilderness trek.  The young 
			cast includes Matt Adler, Sean Astin, and Johnathan
			Ward.

Wild Life, The		Adolescent "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" clone.  But
(1984 R)		at least the guys are cute.  With Christopher Penn,
			Eric Stoltz, and Ilan Mitchell-Smith.

Willie and Phil		Three bohemian types (Michael Ontkean, Ray Sharkey,
(1980 R)		Margot Kidder) develop a deep friendship in this
			satire of life in the 1970s.  Lots of motss potential,
			mostly unrealized, though the two guys are lookers.
			A remake of the French New Wave Classic, "Jules and
			Jim."

*With Honors		Brendan Fraser as a Harvard student whose lost thesis
(1994 PG-13)		is found by a homeless man.  Better than it sounds, 
			especially for Fraser fans.

Youngblood		A young Rob Lowe as an up-and-coming hockey player.
(1986 R)		Some good lockerroom scenes, including one of Rob in
			a jockstrap.  Keanu Reeves has a small role.

Zapped!			Silly tale of a nerd (Scott Baio), his buddy (Willie
(1982 R)		Aames), and a lab experiment gone wrong.  There's no
			skin, but both guys are cute.  (Was there anything
			between these two?  They seemed inseparable for a
			while, on-screen and off.   ;-) 

==============================================================================
	Comments/Additions to:	Wil Leigh  <[email-masked]>
==============================================================================

-- 
Wil Leigh						     at Silent Sunlight