From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 02:46:38 EDT

PRESS RELEASE                                            FOR IMMEDIATE
RELEASE

         "ONE NATION UNDER GOD" - New Documentary Exposes "Ex-Gay"
                               Movement Fraud
               Benefit Screenings To Be Held At Nuart Theater 

Monday, April 25, 1994 - Culver City, CA -  Metropolitan Community Church of
Los Angeles
(MCCLA) in conjunction with the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund announced today
two
sceenings of a new documentary film exposing the myth of the "ex-gay"
movement.  The
screenings will take place at noon on Saturday May 14 and again on Sunday May
15, 1994
at the Nuart Theater, 11272 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Los Angeles.

"We are pleased to co-sponsor this event with the Gay and Lesbian Victory
Fund" says
Reverend Nancy Wilson, Sr. Pastor of MCCLA.  "MCCLA continues to support
efforts to expose
and respond to attacks on our community from the religious and political
right wing" says
Wilson.

Directed by Teodoro Maniaci and Francine M. Rzeznik, "One Nation Under God"
explores the
bizarre and often frightening techniques that have been used in the century
to try to change
gay people into straight.  The film also analyzes the underlying social and
cultural factors that
have contributed to the lie that gay people are somehow damaged individuals
who need to
be "cured".  

Tickets for the screening are $35.00 and may be purchased at the door or
reserved by calling
202-VICTORY (842-8679).  Proceeds will support the efforts of the film
makers, the Gay and
Lesbian Victory Fund and Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles.

The Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund is a federally registered political action
committee which
contributes to the election efforts of openly  gay and lesbian political
leaders around the
United States.  

Metropolitan Community Church of Los Angeles is the founding congregation of
the Universal
Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches.  Established in 1968, MCCLA
maintains a
Christian outreach to the gay, lesbian and bisexual community with an
emphasis on Christian
social action.

For More Information Contact: Ivy Bottini              213-665-1121
                         Richard Davis       310-473-4411
                         Church  Office           310-836-9045
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For general unmoderated discussion, mail to "[email-masked]".
Announcements ONLY should be mailed to "[email-masked]."

To be added or removed, mail to [email-masked].  If adding,
indicate whether you wish to receive all discussions or announcements only.