Subject: CONTROVERSIAL GAY AUTHOR TAKES CENTER STAGE AT iUNIVERSE.COM
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 19:57:55 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 

CONTACT
Sheri Kaye
Sand and Glass Creatives
818.752.8696
[email-masked]

CONTROVERSIAL GAY AUTHOR TAKES CENTER STAGE AT iUNIVERSE.COM

Author's Novel and Online Community Catch the Eye of the
Large Internet Book Seller

June 14, 2000, Los Angeles- iUniverse.com, dubbed the Internet's
largest bookseller is celebrating Gay Pride Month in a new way
this year. By featuring one of its most notorious gay authors.
Dale William, author of My Clothes are Overcoming Me, is front 
and center on iUnvierse's marketplace homepage during the Pride
celebration month.  Called "fresh and irreverent" by iUniverses
representatives, the author has splashed into the iUniverse
publishing scene the best way he knows how-loudly.

Dale William caught iUniverse's attention through his outrageous
book and the online community he created within their website.  
Dale William's Padded Room is an open forum for anyone to join,
participate, and sound off.  Members are encouraged to submit
articles and opinion that are featured within the community and
all over iUnvierse.  The community has quickly grown in the two
weeks it's been open and fast brought the attention of iUniverse
employees.  With membership in his community growing daily,
William has created a place where everyone is welcome and no
content is rejected.  

William also produces a daily opinion column called "Out of the 
Will," and that's where he's really been noticed.  "I started 
writing the column just to get some content in the community,"
he says.  "Within the first week, I knew I'd have to start writing
it daily.  People were really drawn to it and asking for more."
The focus of the column is to talk about topics no one else wants
to talk about.  "I've really put a lot of thought into the column.
I want to provoke people to look beyond their hang-ups and taboos.
So far, I haven't had a complaint," the 27 year-old author says. 

Also featured on the Marketplace and in the "Padded Room" is 
William's novel My Clothes are Overcoming Me.  The book, recently
published by iUniverse, is a fictionalized account of William's
early adult life in Montana.  The novel recently caused stirs on
the internet when excerpts were leaked before publication and after
it's release.  "It's been a pretty wild ride," says William, who has
received threats over the publication of the controversial book.
"But I'm still moving forward," he confirms.

IUniverse.com is an online publisher and bookseller of current and
out-of-print literature.  Owned in part by Barnes and Noble, the 
web-based publisher has changed the face of publishing with its
Internet and on-demand printing.  Dale William's feature on the
marketplace will be available through the month of June.