Subject: A Book Offer for Activists
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 00:13:03 EDT

Painted Leaf are delighted to be able to make an offer directly to gay, 
lesbian, bisexual and transgender activists. We are publishing "The Queer 
Press Guide 2000" edited by Paul Harris and including an essay by Barbara 
Dozetos,  who is currently editor of Vermont's gay paper, "Out In The 
Mountains."  Her essay is called "Why The Gay Press Matters."  The book is 
the largest directory of the g/l/b/t press ever published and it includes 
entries from every continent apart from Antarctica. (Paul assures us that if 
Antarctica ever gets a gay paper of its own any time soon it will appear in 
the next edition!) 

Listings give details of phone and fax numbers, email and website addresses, 
circulation figures (and whether they are audited or not) the names of key 
personnel including advertising managers, how they like to receive 
contributions, what their minimum pay scales for writers and photographers 
are, in addition to advice on what they are looking for from potential 
contributors. 

The book also includes information about g/l/b/t writers' organizations 
including Q*ink, the NLGJA and the Publishing Triangle. As a special offer to 
gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender activists in the US the book is being 
offered until November 30th for $12 INCLUDING POSTAGE AND HANDLING. (The book 
normally costs $15.) Copies will be mailed out starting October 20th. To get 
the special rate call (800) 626 4330 and say that you are getting the 
"special rate."

For further information you can go to the following link:
  <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/qpgy2k/myhomepage/business.html">"The 
Queer Press Guide 2000" Edited by Paul Harris</A>. 

Feel free to copy this on to other g/l/b/t activists who might want to take 
advantage of the offer. Remember the offer lasts only until November 30th. 
The book will of course also be stocked by all the leading gay and lesbian 
bookstores nationwide and will be distributed by the LPC Group, Ingrams, and 
Baker & Taylor. If you are not going to buy it from the (800) number it will 
help whoever you decide to buy it from to tell them the ISBN is 1-891305-17-4.

Best wishes from all of us at
The Queer Press Guide 2000